Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No mosque at Ground Zero

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

No mosque at Ground Zero

Without comment....

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Re: No mosque at Ground Zero

here's the problem. the elected dirtbags have already shown time and time again they DON'T CARE ABOUT PUBLIC OPINION... sure you can vote em out... only to be replaced by more of the same.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I agree with everything the man said. You can also push Americans so far, but when they go too far all hell breaks loose.

If we had an alternative to importing most of our oil and gasoline we would not be having this conversation. Real leadership is needed to find alternative energy and domestic production as a matter of national security.
    All Defense!

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I agree with everything the man said. You can also push Americans so far, but when they go too far all hell breaks loose.

If we had an alternative to importing most of our oil and gasoline we would not be having this conversation. Real leadership is needed to find alternative energy and domestic production as a matter of national security.
    We import oil because it's cheaper. There is no end of oil in the US but it is relatively expensive because it's more difficult to get to. "Our dependence on foreign oil" is bull@#$%.

One could even speculate that the dirty rotten corporations keep us believing "our dependence on foreign oil". I wouldn't though. That's why we have Ric.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

While we're disregarding freedom of religion, can we get rid of Calvinists too?

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Looks like so many here are grouping all Muslims into one category as psycho extremists and therefore they must all be murderous nut jobs, just like those terrorists that blew up the towers.

Muslim population in our country is vast, and I think we should all take into account that the fuckers of 9/11 aren't anywhere affiliated to them, and recognize that the vast Muslim community here was as sickened as we were ourselves that day.

Of course there is always the exception, as there is in anything in life, but let's please keep in mind that it's way beyond the majority of their population.

Call me crazy, but I think a mosque - which would be further than you might think from ground zero - would be something to show how much more educated we are, and a confirmation of what our country is all about and founded upon - differences in culture.

BTW, I have a cousin that could be the spitting image of Timothy McVeigh.

Get what I'm saying here??

I say build it, and let's start to hopefully be able to heal because of it.

Let's go for peace and understanding.

??? Array title="Mattsme is an unknown quantity at this point"> Mattsme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    BTW, I have a cousin that could be the spitting image of Timothy McVeigh.

Get what I'm saying here??
    I have a cousin that died at the Pentagon that day.
    And, I was on my way to the Murrah building the morning that McVeigh blew it up. We were half an hour late. We finally pulled over to a gas station because we were getting passed by police, state troopers, fire trucks and ambulances one after the other. That's when we found out.

So yeah, I get what you're saying here. However,

I say build it, and let's start to hopefully be able to heal because of it.
    I say kill them.

Sorry if that's not the popular sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsme View Post
    I say kill them.

Sorry if that's not the popular sentiment.
    No apology is necessary. They would gleefully kill us.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

If Obama is all for it , its sure to never get built

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    While we're disregarding freedom of religion, can we get rid of Calvinists too?
    Patriot* , are you saying you'd have no problem with a mosque at ground zero in NYC ?
    Stay classy, leftnutz

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Looks like so many here are grouping all Muslims into one category as psycho extremists and therefore they must all be murderous nut jobs, just like those terrorists that blew up the towers.
    I think most people here know the difference between Muslims and extremist terrorist jihadist murdurous dirtbag Muslims. However, no matter how ya slice it, building a Mosque and ground zero is an asshat move. I pray it never gets built.
    Last edited by 7SteelGal43; 06-14-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Patriot* , are you saying you'd have no problem with a mosque at ground zero in NYC ?
    Yep.

Not all Muslims are extremists.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Yep.

I'm with Patsy on this one. Being from the area I've read the countless stories in the paper and I read why they wanted to do it. The Muslims who want this are trying to extend an olive branch. And as The Patriot said, not all Muslims are extremists; in fact a very small percentage of them are. Some Muslims were murdered on 9-11 by terrorists as well.

I think it's too easy to blame Muslims and point fingers and protest this one; and I think it's all for the wrong reasons. Muslims are fighting the Taliban right along side our Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    I think most people here know the difference between Muslims and extremist terrorist jihadist murdurous dirtbag Muslims. However, no matter how ya slice it, building a Mosque and ground zero is an asshat move. I pray it never gets built.
    From my understanding, the Mosque would be blocks away from the site that the Towers were built upon and then sadly destroyed.

That's sacred ground and I don't know what will become of it, or what will be built there, but I do know it won't be a Mosque

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
    I'm with Patsy on this one. Being from the area I've read the countless stories in the paper and I read why they wanted to do it. The Muslims who want this are trying to extend an olive branch. And as The Patriot said, not all Muslims are extremists; in fact a very small percentage of them are. Some Muslims were murdered on 9-11 by terrorists as well.

I think it's too easy to blame Muslims and point fingers and protest this one; and I think it's all for the wrong reasons. Muslims are fighting the Taliban right along side our Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan.
    And this is what I was trying to say earlier in the thread, but Warden did a much better job of it than I.

With all due respect to Patriot and WarDen, and I do respect you guys, I disagree.

Of course "the project" is being sold as an "olive branch". There is no other acceptable way to package it. Otherwise it's just an affront, a slap in the face. No, spitting in our eye.

mosques are a symbol of the religion of submission, and that is in fact what the word "islam" means - submission. It doesn't matter a hill of @#$% what the mosque means to rank & file muslims. What matters is what the mosque means to islam, and more importantly to us - they took down two of the central pillars of our society and culture, the World Trade Centers, with OUR own planes. Then they're building a @#$%ing mosque in close proximity to the atrocity. All symbolic. All "in your face".

As Patriot correctly points out, not all muslims are extremists. Indeed most experts put the extreme element at no more than 10% of islam. But there are 1.3 billion muslims. 10% of that figure is nearly half our total population. It's nearly all of Russia's population. Its twice the UK's population. The extreme element is beyond "significant". It has had us occupied in two theaters for nearly a decade, with no end in sight. That extreme element in those theaters is financed by mosques in every country from the hard earned money of rank & file muslims and the contributions the symbols of submission draw from the communities..

islam plays us like a violin because of our better nature, our tolerance, and our liberalism. If we don't snap out of it and realize what we're up against, our better nature is what will cost us our freedom to the religion of submission.

This is all about symbolism here. Building that mosque anywhere on the island of Manhattan is symbolic. It's symbolic in the same way as if we had had leadership that would have incinerated mecca and medina on 9/12/2001 to say "We heard you. Now hear us muslim bastards".

We're in a zero sum game. Its for all the marbles. They declared war on us. It is a war of the entirety of islam against us. You'll see the outcome in your lifetime.

Let the bastards build their symbol. Hopefully some Americans will return the gesture.

Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i personally feel like NO religious buildings should be built at ground zero.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

i'll give it another 10 - 20 years, and this is what we'll be seeing in every country...
    Nigerian Christians Riot, Kill Muslims in Retaliation
    James Joyner | Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nigerian Christians have gone on an anti-Muslim killing spree, apparently in retaliation for earlier murderous riots by Muslims angered over cartoons.

Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

Residents and witnesses in the southern, predominantly Christian city of Onitsha said several Muslims with origins in the north were beaten to death by mobs which also burned two mosques there. “The mosque at the main market has been burnt and I’ve counted at least six dead bodies on the streets,” Izzy Uzor, an Onitsha resident and businessman, told The Associated Press by telephone. “The whole town is in a frenzy and people are running in all directions.”

The violence appeared to be in reprisal for anti-Christian violence Saturday in the mostly Muslim northern city of Maiduguri in which thousands of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad attacked Christians and burned churches, killing at least 18 people.

Lovely. Not particularly surprising, I suppose, but nonetheless tragic.

guess none of the ...."good muslims" ... thought to bring this guy to the attention of the authorities while he was preaching hate here in the good ole USA mosque's ...

U.S. cleric urges Muslims to kill U.S. soldiers

(Reuters) - A U.S.-born militant cleric has urged Muslims to kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and vowed to step up attacks against the U.S. military, according to a videotape released on Sunday.

(Reuters) - A U.S.-born militant cleric has urged Muslims to kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and vowed to step up attacks against the U.S. military, according to a videotape released on Sunday.

Anwar al-Awlaki, wanted dead or alive by U.S. authorities, is a leading figure linked to al Qaeda's Yemen-based wing. He is believed to be on the run in the impoverished Gulf Arab state.

"Muslims should object to what's going on either verbally or by physical action," Awlaki said in the 45-minute interview posted on an Islamist website. Reuters could not immediately verify the authenticity of the recording.

Awlaki praised the actions of U.S. Army psychiatrist Nidal Malik Hasan who shot dead 13 people at Fort Hood, a Texas army base, in November.

"Nidal was my student
    ... I'm proud of Nidal Hasan and this was a heroic act," he said, adding: "Who can object to what he did? He killed soldiers on their way to Iraq and Afghanistan."

Hasan had sent emails to the cleric but they were intercepted by U.S. intelligence agencies and examined by U.S. joint terrorism task forces.

"If the situation remains we will see new Nidal Hasans appearing," Awlaki said in the tape. "These American soldiers on their way to Afghanistan and Iraq, we will kill them."

Asked by an interviewer if killing U.S. soldiers would have a negative impact on Muslims in the United States, Awlaki said defending Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan was a larger priority.

"Is protecting the reputation of Muslims in America more important than bombs dropping on millions of Muslims elsewhere?"

U.S. officials said in April that President Barack Obama's administration had authorized operations to capture or kill Awlaki. Yemen has said it will not hand over Awlaki, whose family is well-known in Yemen, but instead put him on trial if he is arrested.

Born in New Mexico, Awlaki led prayers at U.S. mosques. He returned to Yemen in 2004 where he taught at a university before he was arrested and imprisoned in 2006 for suspected links to al Qaeda and involvement in attacks. He was released in late 2007.

Western countries fear that al Qaeda's resurgent regional wing is exploiting instability in Yemen, which borders oil giant Saudi Arabia, to launch attacks in the region and beyond.

(Reporting by Amena Bakr; Editing by Maria Golovnina)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64M0OR20100523

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    guess none of the ...."good muslims" ... thought to bring this guy to the attention of the authorities while he was preaching hate here in the good ole USA mosque's ...
    MOP, I wonder what the percentage is of U.S. mosques that have ties to terrorism. I did a quick search and found reports saying anywhere from 50% all the way up to 80% (quick google glances).

Also, I wonder if the parents of that three year old future jihadist have a bumper sticker on the back of their car that states "My child is student of the month at suicide bomber school"
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

South Park Conservative Array title="Hammer67 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Hammer67's Avatar

Yep.

While I agree that not all Muslims are militant, you have to wonder where all the religious community leaders that should be on the news condemning the violence? It rarely exists. I work with a gentleman who is expatriated from Kuwait. In his words, when asked why there was so much violence in the Muslim world, "They are stupid people who let their religion consume their brains so they don't think." In fact, his entire family disowned him when he moved to Canada because he was becoming "westernized."

I think building a mosque on that site is, at best, in bad taste and, at worst, a complete intentional slap to the politically correct West.
    "Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer67 View Post
    While I agree that not all Muslims are militant, you have to wonder where all the religious community leaders that should be on the news condemning the violence? It rarely exists. I work with a gentleman who is expatriated from Kuwait. In his words, when asked why there was so much violence in the Muslim world, "They are stupid people who let their religion consume their brains so they don't think." In fact, his entire family disowned him when he moved to Canada because he was becoming "westernized."

I think building a mosque on that site is, at best, in bad taste and, at worst, a complete intentional slap to the politically correct West.
    This is my biggest problem with peaceful Islam at the moment. It would only take a Gandhi like figure in the Muslim world to bring some of this violence under control.

And btw, the Mosque is being built several blocks from ground zero. These websites make it sound like it's being built on the actual site. Remember, before all these terrorist groups emerged in the 1970s, Americans used to vacation in Baghdad just to look at the beautiful Mosques. The ancient culture isn't our enemy, it's this modern extremism which we must destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    With all due respect to Patriot and WarDen, and I do respect you guys, I disagree.
    I had lapsed in a moment of insensitivity and neglected to express my respect and disagreement with Shea as well. Please forgive me Shea, and accept my hostility to all things islamic.

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    +1
    Why does God hate amputees?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]

Abraham Lincoln

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    There are those that would differ.
    911cross.jpg

Although, I'm sure they oppose the mosque as well.

Let me be clear about one thing with regards to my stance: I understand that it's not the popular view, and I also find myself feeling strange about supporting it. I just do and for the reasons I stated.

That said, should they be found to have abused this privilege awarded them rather than continue to mend and plant the seed to future relations with the rest of us, then by all means: evict them in the most hostile way allowed.

My feeling is that if they can succeed in what they say they want to do, we will all be the better for it.

I don't hate Muslims; I hate terrorists and or anyone wishing to negatively impact the American way of life.

This is my biggest problem with peaceful Islam at the moment. It would only take a Gandhi like figure in the Muslim world to bring some of this violence under control.
    I take your point but point out that the fundamental differences between Gandhi's religion and "the religion of peace" preclude such a scenario. They're violent by nature. Their "religion" "gives" them a license to violence in general, and a mandate in specifics. As the late Mrs. Meir pointed out, "We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us." It isn't in muslims to love. I've yet to meet one that had the vaguest concept of love.

There are those that would differ.
    911cross.jpg
    I have no issue with religious expressions at Ground Zero except if they are islamic. Ground Zero exists because of islam. No expression of any kind by islam in any capacity is appropriate or acceptable. The only "expression of regret" I would ever accept from them would be the self incineration of one of their "holy" cities.

My feeling is that if they can succeed in what they say they want to do, we will all be the better for it.
    1,300 years of islam tells us there is no prospect for such an "if".

Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I have no issue with religious expressions at Ground Zero except if they are islamic. Ground Zero exists because of islam. No expression of any kind by islam in any capacity is appropriate or acceptable. The only "expression of regret" I would ever accept from them would be the self incineration of one of their "holy" cities.

1,300 years of islam tells us there is no prospect for such an "if".
    I don't disagree with you often my Friend, and trust me, it goes against what I feel is the easier emotion for me as well, but Islam is not to blame IMO.

I blame men like him:
    Osama-Bin-Laden.jpg

Not folks like them:
    MarjahVictim022110.jpg

Really hoopy frood Array title="ricardisimo is an unknown quantity at this point">

I don't disagree with you often my Friend, and trust me, it goes against what I feel is the easier emotion for me as well, but Islam is not to blame IMO.

I blame men like him:
    Osama-Bin-Laden.jpg

Not folks like them:
    MarjahVictim022110.jpg
    You must be sniffing the same glue I'm using, mein freund.
    Why does God hate amputees?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82&dateline=127542714 7[/SIGPIC]