I am sick and tired of hearing that the Big East is the best conference and has been for the last 10 or so years. The national media obsession with the Big East is sickening. Being a Duke fan my conference is the ACC, the best conference all time. That is not disputable. Whoever is 2nd is not a close 2nd. As for the Big East's so called "dominance" over the last 10 years, people point to the fact that the Big East has put the most teams in the tournament the last 10 years. Well then, I will point to the fact that the Big East has what, 16 teams in it? Not hard to get 7 - 10 teams in every year when you have that many teams. But those teams from the Big East that make it usually don't go far. I will admit that the ACC top to bottom is pretty much the worst it has ever been. But over the last 10 years the ACC has been better than the Big East. Why? 5 > 1. 5 = The number of national championships the ACC has won in the last 10 years. 1 = The number of national championships the Big East has won in the last 10 years. Why has this happened? Because the top 2 teams in the ACC are always better than the top 2 teams in the Big East. Which for the team I root for, works for me.

So the media can keep sucking up to the Big East while they win no championships, meanwhile the ACC, yes the most prestigious conference ever in college basketball, will just keep doing what you are supposed to do: Hang banners that say "National Champions" on them.

Well there is my vent for the day.