Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NASCAR

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

2011 NASCAR

Four more days till the green flag drop starting a new season. This is Burton's year.

AML

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Re: 2011 NASCAR

GO 'HARVICK !

Stay classy, leftnutz

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Go Gordon and JJ (again )!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Maybe June Bug can have a better season. This is Nascar's last chance to keep me as a fan, they have gone down the tubes since Dale died.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Maybe June Bug can have a better season. This is Nascar's last chance to keep me as a fan, they have gone down the tubes since Dale died.

Did you see the Bud Shootout. It was the strangest thing I have seen at Daytona. Instead of the long lines nose to tail the cars were pairing up in twos. There was also a lot of three wide racing, a couple times 4 wide. The cars still fast but the two car teaming made it a much more interesting race. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

AML

7SteelGal43------ He's my 2nd favorite.

HTG------------- Not this year hon.

43Hitman-------- Let me know what you think of the race.

AML

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    HTG------------- Not this year hon.
    It's a looooooong season, Tex. We'll see. My money's on JJ - again.

Seriously, as long as the champ isn't the Ear Brothers or Stewart, I'm OK with it.

Did you see the Bud Shootout. It was the strangest thing I have seen at Daytona. Instead of the long lines nose to tail the cars were pairing up in twos. There was also a lot of three wide racing, a couple times 4 wide. The cars still fast but the two car teaming made it a much more interesting race. I'm looking forward to Sunday.
    Yeah I saw that. Nascar has screwed up though already this week. They changed the restrictor plate and made the crews take tape off the front of the car. The problem with this is that while it slows the cars down when running by themselves it does nothing to stop the 2 car packs. So now they have inadvertantly increased the closing speed cars in two car packs will have on cars that are not. This is a problem, and I saw it manifest right in front of my eyes yesterday in their practice. The cars running slower have no idea how fast the cars coming up behind them are, and to add to that, the car that is tucked in behind the lead draft car cannot see anything going on out front. I would imagine we are going to see about half the field wrecked early on Sunday.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I have to pull for Hamlin he is a Virginia native from around Richmond.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Let's go Hamlin lets bring home the Daytona 500

I have to admit that the Nationwide race was pretty good yesterday.

I didn't get to see it I was working sounds like I missed a good one.

I just get the feeling that there has to be two or three drivers that go into the last 3 laps thinking, I'll be happy with 2nd.

AML

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Hopefully Gordon can out perform the 48 this year. I like them both, but Gordon's been my favorite driver since I have watched the sport. Plus, I'm pretty sick of Johnson winning every year...

There goes half the field

HUGE pile up in Lap 29 at Daytona - at least 6-8 cars involved. JJ's car is a mess and Jeff got smacked too. Ruderman spun out of control and it just domino'd from there.

This new style of racing isn't working out so far.

AML

This new style of racing isn't working out so far.
    They're wrecking every 10 laps

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Yeah I saw that. Nascar has screwed up though already this week. They changed the restrictor plate and made the crews take tape off the front of the car. The problem with this is that while it slows the cars down when running by themselves it does nothing to stop the 2 car packs. So now they have inadvertantly increased the closing speed cars in two car packs will have on cars that are not. This is a problem, and I saw it manifest right in front of my eyes yesterday in their practice. The cars running slower have no idea how fast the cars coming up behind them are, and to add to that, the car that is tucked in behind the lead draft car cannot see anything going on out front. I would imagine we are going to see about half the field wrecked early on Sunday.
    so do you have the winning lotto #s too ????
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    so do you have the winning lotto #s too ????
    lol I wish.

Man this race is all messed up. When did Goddell become the head of NASCAR.

AML

Great win for the Wood Brothers from Stuart Virginia.

Though I wasn't happy at all with the race in general, I was happy to see this youngster win (with a little help from David Ragan ). Congrats Trevor!

16 cautions in all - wrecks, blown engines - this is what we have to look forward to this season?

I was happy with the winner. This is a great kid and is going to be a heck of a driver for years to come. How ever, how Nascar figures that it is too dangerous to drive over 200 MPH, but it is not to dangerous to have two cars, one basically pushing the other around the track, driving almost 200 MPH with the driver in back blind to the track in front of him, is beyond me. To be honest it sounds like something our football commissioner would come up with. The good new is that I don't think we will see more racing like this till we get back to Daytona.

AML

I was happy with the winner. This is a great kid and is going to be a heck of a driver for years to come. How ever, how Nascar figures that it is too dangerous to drive over 200 MPH, but it is not to dangerous to have two cars, one basically pushing the other around the track, driving almost 200 MPH with the driver in back blind to the track in front of him, is beyond me. To be honest it sounds like something our football commissioner would come up with. The good new is that I don't think we will see more racing like this till we get back to Daytona.
    Talledega too perhaps. I'm not convinced that Nascar has their shit together... That type of racing is going to get someone seriously injured or killed.

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Yes! Jeff finally got back on track with a win today! He deserved it more than anyone after his long drought. And he passed Kyle to win it...even better.

I didn't watch the race as I had other commitments on Sunday, but I'm happy Jeff won and ended his drought!

It wasn't that good of a race. Don't know what they did to these car but the drivers seem to be having trouble controlling them. Gordon did hold on to his thought. Congratulations Jeff.

AML

Las Vegas time go Hamlin.

Carl Edwards was the victor in yesterday's race in LV. While Edwards isn't in my top 3, I like the guy and was glad to see him earn the win. I was pleased to see Jr. finished in the Top 10.

On to Bristol next Sunday!