Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bucco's Spring Training

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

2011 Bucco's Spring Training

Might as well start a thread for Spring Training for the Buccos. There will be plenty of reports and videos to post. Here is a video that surely pumped me up for the first day of camp!

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/vi...=fb-pit-misc78
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

Re: 2011 Bucco's Spring Training

at 1:47 in the video, are thous the spring training jerseys or a 2011 alternate home jersey? I have't seen that one before but I like it.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I can't believe that it's already baseball season. The jerseys look new to me too, I'm guessing only a spring training jersey. But once again, we have nothing to look forward to.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Who gives a shit about the jerseys boys and girls, it's Bucco season! Man I must look pathetic being this excited haha!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    at 1:47 in the video, are thous the spring training jerseys or a 2011 alternate home jersey? I have't seen that one before but I like it.
    Why I'm glad you asked. They are brand new to Spring training (Batting practice jerseys). I got a sneak peak at them on Sunday. They are available at the Pirate's Majestic store at PNC Park... I'll be getting one..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

If you use Twitter make sure you are following @BUCSINSIDER . If you retweet their tweets you get FREE tickets..

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I can't believe that it's already baseball season. The jerseys look new to me too, I'm guessing only a spring training jersey. But once again, we have nothing to look forward to.
    Except more misery and bad baseball.

Hurdle wants to build championship mind-set

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_pit

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Except more misery and bad baseball.
    Blah... Don't really care.. I just really enjoy being at PNC Park and watching the guys play... A win is a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Blah... Don't really care.. I just really enjoy being at PNC Park and watching the guys play... A win is a huge plus.
    Above .500 this year come on it's happening!

- Greg Lloyd

So we pray for 81 wins...

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    So we pray for 81 wins...
    Yes. Even though Hurdle gave the speech all the other managers said about a winning attitude and all Im hoping he is the missing piece!

- Greg Lloyd

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/vi...=fb-pit-misc78

you can get a better look at the new spring training jerseys.

LOVE those Jerseys

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Sorry guys, but they won't have a winning record, not until that team is bought by someone who actually will do something with it.

Sorry guys, but they won't have a winning record, not until that team is bought by someone who actually will do something with it.
    SHHH! Your Debbie Downerism is not accepted

- Greg Lloyd

Hey I love the Pirates just as much as you all. I love the players, the stadium, the hat/uniform, and the history, but with horrible ownership/management, the Pirates will not become anything. You can hire a manager who's been to the World Series, you can sign a couple of good players, but with Nutting, the team won't become anything. The MLB needs to step in and either force Nutting to sell the team or they need to take over for him. It's so frustrating when we're used to winners, like the Steelers, Penguins, and Pitt (football and basketball) or whatever your college is. The Pirates are the biggest joke of Major League Baseball and I'm sick of it. We've had eighteen straight losing seasons, what the fuck? Seriously, we shouldn't have to deal with this bullshit and I want Nutting out and I want a winning baseball team. I hope that we will soon see the MLB step in because I'm also tired about hearing rumors that MLB will step in, do something you idiots. You want to know how you can earn more money and have more competitive teams? Make it more competitive and make more teams better other than the Yankees, Red Soxs, and Phillies.

I know they probably won't have a wining recored, but I like to live in blissful ignorance at least until 1 month into the season and just enjoy that Pirates baseball is back!

#article_content .inner { background-image: url("/images/news/notebooks/notebook_sm_pit.png"); } Bucs plan to take things slowly with Olson

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...k_pit&c_id=pit

- Greg Lloyd

I'm going to a Buccos practice tomorrow. Hopefull I'll get some balls and my McCutchen canvas I won at PNC park signed.

I liked Meek better as closer, but I expect a strong season from both.
    Pirates pick Hanrahan over Meek as closer

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...s_pit&c_id=pit

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    I liked Meek better as closer, but I expect a strong season from both.
    Pirates pick Hanrahan over Meek as closer

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...s_pit&c_id=pit
    Hmm I thought they would give them both a chance in Spring Training to earn the spot.

No way do you want Meek as a closer. He is not that good with the pressure. Joel will get it done. This is a great move.

Sdude, We are not supporting Nutting and his guys. We are supporting Pittsburgh, the Pirates history and the love of baseball. If I can't support them now then the last 124 years is for nothing. We have 5 WS and some of the greatest players in history like Wagner (Second only to Babe Ruth), Clemente, Stargell, Parker, Bonds (Even if he is an ahole), Maz and Van Slyke... It's for these guys and what they did for the team, city and us fans..

Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    I'm going to a Buccos practice tomorrow. Hopefull I'll get some balls and my McCutchen canvas I won at PNC park signed.
    This is the closet you can and will get to the players and coaching staff. You can walk right on the practice field with them.

No way do you want Meek as a closer. He is not that good with the pressure. Joel will get it done. This is a great move.

Sdude, We are not supporting Nutting and his guys. We are supporting Pittsburgh, the Pirates history and the love of baseball. If I can't support them now then the last 124 years is for nothing. We have 5 WS and some of the greatest players in history like Wagner (Second only to Babe Ruth), Clemente, Stargell, Parker, Bonds (Even if he is an ahole), Maz and Van Slyke... It's for these guys and what they did for the team, city and us fans..
    O don't get me wrong. Like I said, I love the Pirates just as much as anyone else and I've been wearing my Pirates hat all week long now that spring training is here. I also know none of you guys support Nutting as well, we all have stuff in common. I'm in the same boat as you with the history, five time World Series champions, they won twice before there was the World Series, and they have over forty players and managers in the HOF. I love them, I just wish we had a winning team. Anyways, here's a good question for you all. What's everyone's favorite Pirates uniform? Mine would be the 1990 away jersey:

I would LOVE to have this jersey!

Yupp love my Pirates as much as my Pens and Steelers, love the stadium and best of all the history! Just can't stand, a true hate for Nutting and can't wait to see this man run out of this city or into the rivers where he belongs!

- Greg Lloyd

O don't get me wrong. Like I said, I love the Pirates just as much as anyone else and I've been wearing my Pirates hat all week long now that spring training is here. I also know none of you guys support Nutting as well, we all have stuff in common. I'm in the same boat as you with the history, five time World Series champions, they won twice before there was the World Series, and they have over forty players and managers in the HOF. I love them, I just wish we had a winning team. Anyways, here's a good question for you all. What's everyone's favorite Pirates uniform? Mine would be the 1990 away jersey:

I would LOVE to have this jersey!
    So buy it on www.borntradejerseys.com for $25.. I have Andy's jersey from then.

My favorite is Meek's All-Star jersey.

Here are some things for Practice today.

Very cool pics!

That is awesome brother... I'll be doing that soon or later..