Thread: Duke - UNC tonight!!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Duke - UNC tonight!!

The best rivalry in sports is renewed tonight in Durham! Can't wait! This is like a state holiday here in NC. It should be a great game. Carolina is starting to play very well lately and without Irving we are vulnerable to them.

I will say 78 to 71 Duke wins.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Duke - UNC tonight!!

Duke playing dreadful.

Duke plays insane in the 2nd half and wins!!!

Well Duke lost to UNC last night...

So glad Im in St. Louis for Spring Break and dont have to hear all the shit from tarhole fans for the next week.

God I hope Duke wins the ACC tournament so I can shove it in their faces when I get back to NC.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

UNC controlled the whole game. (I'm not a UNC fan). Seems like Duke lives by the 3 or dies by the 3. IMO regular season title means more the the ACC tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    UNC controlled the whole game. (I'm not a UNC fan). Seems like Duke lives by the 3 or dies by the 3. IMO regular season title means more the the ACC tournament
    Well I hate to be so direct, but, your opinion is wrong.

Tournament means more because during the regular season teams play unbalanced schedules. Plus the tournament determines the TRUE ACC Champion. Always has.

The only thing the tarholes have won is a #1 beside their name for the Championship tournament. But their fans think they are so special.

I think their luck runs out in the tournament. I also think Duke loses as well and some random team wins it.

But I hope Duke pulls it out. 3 in a row would be very nice indeed.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerone67 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steelerone67's Avatar

Your team "duke" is nothing without whats his name. Curry takes to many 3s, Smith dissapears and they just soft... UNC mashed them even in the begging with the freshman and 4 bench warmer seniors starting... Duke wont win the ACC tourney Duke wont be a #1 seed and Duke will not win the tourney... GO PITT!

Then your team "pitt" must be less than nothing. I think a team of 9 year olds is better at scoring points.

Let me know when "pitt" makes a final four, let alone wins a championship. Then was the last time "pitt" made a final four? 1950's right?

You are absolutely hilarious dude.

No offense to the other Pitt fans on here that are not.... well I won't say it.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Well I hate to be so direct, but, your opinion is wrong.

Tournament means more because during the regular season teams play unbalanced schedules. Plus the tournament determines the TRUE ACC Champion. Always has.

The only thing the tarholes have won is a #1 beside their name for the Championship tournament. But their fans think they are so special.

I think their luck runs out in the tournament. I also think Duke loses as well and some random team wins it.

But I hope Duke pulls it out. 3 in a row would be very nice indeed.
    So If Wake Forest (example) wins the tornament their the TRUE ACC Champion because they won 3 or 4 games in a weekend. Okay that makes sense. You said the tornamnent means more so any random team could win so that makes them the best in ACC

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    So If Wake Forest (example) wins the tornament their the TRUE ACC Champion because they won 3 or 4 games in a weekend. Okay that makes sense. You said the tornamnent means more so any random team could win so that makes them the best in ACC
    Yes. Becuase on the even playing field of the ACC tournament, they would have performed the best.

If you don't agree with it thats fine. But the Champion of the ACC is the team that wins the ACC tournament. Has been that way since 1953.

Before the 1980s when only one team from a conference made the NCAA tournament some ACC "regular season champions" didn't make it. Why? Because only the Champions of the conference made it, meaning the team that won the tournament. The 1974 NC State team that won the National Championship and is one of the best teams in ACC history almost did not make the NCAA tournament. How? Because Maryland almost beat them in the ACC Championship game. If they had lost they would not have been ACC Champions and would not have made the NCAA tournament. The tournament determines the ACC Champion. That is why it is more important, because the team that wins it is technically the only team guaranteed to be in the NCAA tournament.

Go ask the non-power conference teams that had the best regular season record but then lost in the conference tournament and thus didn't make the NCAA tournament how they feel about their "regular season championship".

Go ask the non-power conference teams that had the best regular season record but then lost in the conference tournament and thus didn't make the NCAA tournament how they feel about their "regular season championship".

Point taken!! I see where you comin from it sucks if I was one of the teams that won regular season title but some how got knocked out by sub .500 team in tournament then dont get invite.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerone67 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steelerone67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Then your team "pitt" must be less than nothing. I think a team of 9 year olds is better at scoring points.

Let me know when "pitt" makes a final four, let alone wins a championship. Then was the last time "pitt" made a final four? 1950's right?

You are absolutely hilarious dude.

No offense to the other Pitt fans on here that are not.... well I won't say it.
    wow nothing like a personal attack for stating my opinion and i didnt say the SUCK i said they suck with out whats his name. and last time i checked its the present not the past.... nothing matters except this year... and PITT is better then Duke THIS YEAR... relax fella no ones attacking Coach Ks legacy, just the 2011 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerone67 View Post
    wow nothing like a personal attack for stating my opinion and i didnt say the SUCK i said they suck with out whats his name. and last time i checked its the present not the past.... nothing matters except this year... and PITT is better then Duke THIS YEAR... relax fella no ones attacking Coach Ks legacy, just the 2011 team.
    Dude grow some thicker skin, that was not a personal attack.

And Im not sure who "whats his name" is.

If nothing mattered but the current sports year than teams wouldn't have banners of past titles up. Also, the Steelers would not display their 6 Lombardi trophies, they would throw them away because like you said the past dosen't matter. Horrible argument.

Sounds like a Bengals fan who tries to say that the Bengals are better than the Steelers because they win the division like once every 6 years. Except it is yet to be seen if Pitt is better than Duke this year.