Thread: Spring Training in One week

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Spring Training in One week

Pitchers and catchers report in a week.

I for one am looking forward to seeing my Orioles new infield, pitchers and newly added Vladimir Guerrero
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Spring Training in One week

At least you have something to look forward to. All we Pirates fans have to look forward to is their 19th straight losing season. It's a damn shame that Bob Nutting is continuously allowed to get away with circumventing the rules, fielding complete garbage in order to make a profit. What's the point of having McCutchen, Tabata, Alvarez, Meek and Hanrahan if they surround them with crap every year? Peter Angelos used to be the same way...and yet, he went out and brought in Guerrero and spent a shitload of money to do it. Good on him. Nutting wouldn't do that if someone put a gun to his head and strapped a time bomb to his chest.

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

At least I'll get to go to a few Spring Training Games. Hopefully the Buccos do better this year but they really need to get rid of Nutting.

Yes Angelos has started spending money, but we also have been using the farm system well. I hate store bought teams like the Yankees.

It would be nice to see the Pirates come back, these are two clubs that always used to win.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    Yes Angelos has started spending money, but we also have been using the farm system well. I hate store bought teams like the Yankees.

It would be nice to see the Pirates come back, these are two clubs that always used to win.
    You also have a pretty good manager in Buck Showalter. I am not sold on Clint Hurdle at all...

The fact that the Pirates have such a great tradition is what really saddens and pisses me off the most. They were so great in the 70s and early 90s...and then here comes McClatchy and Nutting to piss it all away. We are just counting down the days until McCutchen and Alvarez are wearing pinstripes or playing pepper with the Green Monster.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I mean we made a few OK moves with Correia and Olsen and Overlay, but still not moves that will put us any stronger than last season. I think the Bucs are on the right path, but no where where they need to be and ehh I have to give Hurdle a season or 2 to start making up my mind on him, ugh at least the Orioles will get a team together.

Until Nutting is run out of the city my hopes remain dim.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Can we PLEASE move this to other sports?? This was not started with reference to the Buccos???

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I can't believe baseball season is already near.... yup.... here's to the Pirates... yay.

Pitchers and catcher reporting in a week isnt in reference to the pirates and the rest of the MLB? c'mon like it was that off topic