Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

The Packers forum is under assault from trolls from some forum called "SteelerNation.Com"

These "fans" are really making the rest of us look like... well... like Eagles fans.

You folks might want to drop by and show them what Steeler nation is really all about.
    You'll almost certainly take some heat 'cus these folks have had a long week, but I don't like the idea of these jackasses dragging our good name through the mud.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

Packers forum link ? But yea. There are "several" people on that site (steelernation.com) that appear to have forgotten to take their "meds" before they sign on... the kind that don't think before they speak (OR type).
    Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 02-03-2011 at 11:39 PM.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Sorry!
    http://www.packerforum.com/f8/

Those douche-nozzles actually went out of their way to go looking for fights. With mods cheering them on!
    Is this some new Steeler forum? I've never heard of them before.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Sorry!
    http://www.packerforum.com/f8/

Those douche-nozzles actually went out of their way to go looking for fights. With mods cheering them on!
    Is this some new Steeler forum? I've never heard of them before.
    No. I think they've been around for a while as they get a fair amount of traffic. But there are quite a few that are not "people person's" over there. "Quick" to pick a fight with anyone, rival fan's OR steeler fans... There's "definitely" an 'element of madness' over there...

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

That's why I hate 7 year olds
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    No. I think they've been around for a while as they get a fair amount of traffic. But there are quite a few that are not "people person's" over there. "Quick" to pick a fight with anyone, rival fan's OR steeler fans... There's "definitely" an 'element of madness' over there...
    Yep. SN has been around for quite a while - they flame each other just as much as they flame opposing teams' fans if not more, from what I've seen. Not my cup of tea, personally.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I used to post over at SN years ago and while most of the long-timers over there are good people who love their team, there is a group of them who kind of run the roost and enjoy baiting, flaming and looking for fights. When I left there to come here, I left with - let's say - a "bang".

Surprisingly, we haven't had any Pack trolls over here, and even though we are finally on the Google first page, there are other forums above us who are bearing the brunt.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Junior Member Array title="JJP41 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Stash and the classy Steeler fans for not flaming the Packers forum. Trolls from the Steeler Nation have gone out of their way trying to start stuff ........even devoted an entire thread on their site to it. Sad.

Good luck on Sunday.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJP41 View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Stash and the classy Steeler fans for not flaming the Packers forum. Trolls from the Steeler Nation have gone out of their way trying to start stuff ........even devoted an entire thread on their site to it. Sad.

Good luck on Sunday.
    Thanks for the kind words. As much as I wanna build animosity towards the Packers for this game, I just can't. Classy organization and a classy fanbase all the way around. Good luck to you as well - but not too much luck.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Good luck on Sunday.
    You're welcome. I have never been one to troll other teams' forums as it is pointless and imho - quite immature. The Pack's fan base is just as devoted and loyal to their team as ours is and both teams go way back. I respect the Pack and their fans even though I hope we kick your asses up the field and back down on Sunday.

Welcome to SU and please feel free to stick around!

In all honesty, I was sort of disappointed the Steelers didn't get to play the Pats in the title game. I really wanted to see them beat Brady and Company. Not that shutting up Rexy Ryan is a bad thing but I don't much care for the Pats.

Again, good luck all.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Done. I can't stand our bandwagoneer base punk asses. They're not even fans as far as I'm concerned.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

imgaine if I was a troll....muahahahahahahahahaha

I just smack talk on our forum instead...its much funner that way.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

You guys are a class act. More of you should join Slash and come over and talk football with us Packer fans.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

You guys are a class act. More of you should join Slash and come over and talk football with us Packer fans.
    HA HA HA!

you must be talking to everyone else! LMAO! clearly you haven't seen any of my violent posts
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Steeler Nation is the "Penitentiary" for Steelers fans... Just like when criminals can't function in society, the only place that will except them is the penitentiary. Likewise; when those people that seem to get "banned" from the more respected Steeler sites, they seem to "fit in" and find a home at SN. Its for the "special" among us...

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Yea, Dino is the guy we sic on you if you're a troll from another team. He also shows great initiative in that same regard. haha

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Every fan base has fans like that.

I checked out SN at one point, but they flamed the shit out of me. I go to a Steelers forum to talk football, not take crap like they hand out there.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

steelernation.com has been around since about '99, when the steelers site went down. There are a select few who are cool, like TMC, but most of them are just wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    HA HA HA!

you must be talking to everyone else! LMAO! clearly you haven't seen any of my violent posts
    No, can't say I have.........lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    HA HA HA!

Careful what you say - I don't want to draw the ire of this guy:

Vikings' Stadium Collapse caused by Green Bay Packers Wizard

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Every fan base has fans like that.

I checked out SN at one point, but they flamed the shit out of me. I go to a Steelers forum to talk football, not take crap like they hand out there.
    yeah, no crap. I had a mod on my ass after about 10 minutes of being on that board. It wasn't pretty, lol.

SteelerSal

What topic over on the Packers forum are you all refering to?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I checked out SN when SF imploded and lurked for about a day before I realized that place was a shit hole. Seemed like they were all so busy trying be to the 'cool kid' they forgot to act like adults. (wow do I sound old..)
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I checked out SN when SF imploded and lurked for about a day before I realized that place was a shit hole. Seemed like they were all so busy trying be to the 'cool kid' they forgot to act like adults. (wow do I sound old..)
    But that did not stop you from being the old, cool kid, here.

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    steelernation.com has been around since about '99, when the steelers site went down. There are a select few who are cool, like TMC, but most of them are just wankers.
    TMC is a nice guy and knows his stuff. I know a lot of people have a problem with DD but he was always respectful to me.

There was a guy over there, whose SN shall not be mentioned, who took shots at me because I'm a female (he even admitted it once). God forbid a woman should post in the football forums. He got the shock of his life when he quickly found out that if the poison dart is fired at me, I'll fire it right back with pinpoint accuracy. There was also a former female Mod over there who was a real bitch and thought she was just da shit. She always took her shots because I was fairly well liked over there and because I had a few years on her. Y'know - the "Granny" jokes. When I left there, I tore into her like I've never torn into anyone before and got a ton of emails from those who had my email addy giving me props for doing something they always wanted to do but were afraid to. From what I was told, she stayed away from there for several weeks after that and is no longer over there.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Done.. I added my 2 cents to Slash's thread...

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    TMC is a nice guy and knows his stuff. I know a lot of people have a problem with DD but he was always respectful to me.

There was a guy over there, whose SN shall not be mentioned, who took shots at me because I'm a female (he even admitted it once). God forbid a woman should post in the football forums. He got the shock of his life when he quickly found out that if the poison dart is fired at me, I'll fire it right back with pinpoint accuracy. There was also a former female Mod over there who was a real bitch and thought she was just da shit. She always took her shots because I was fairly well liked over there and because I had a few years on her. Y'know - the "Granny" jokes. When I left there, I tore into her like I've never torn into anyone before and got a ton of emails from those who had my email addy giving me props for doing something they always wanted to do but were afraid to. From what I was told, she stayed away from there for several weeks after that and is no longer over there.
    I know the girl you are talking about and she was a total rag. Probably one of the biggest turn offs over there. I'm glad she never showed up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Wheni was search for a place to hang my steelrs hat a few years ago i stopped ini there for a short time and got blasted by some reglars and i knew then i need to go before i blew a gasket

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga