Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

Here is the funny part, I signed up with this board when it first opened. I went to the Packers message board to talk football. Yet, they banned me because one of their moderators went to SteelerNation and other posters there mentioned my name. I had only talked football at that point. They still banned me, later rescinded the ban, then devoted a thread there to call me out, even going as far as PMing me to gain my attention.

As I stated there, I had done nothing wrong.

So, to all of you apologizing for the "trolls" that are not Steeler faithful, do you still feel the same way? Do you know how many "trolls" were banned? TWO. Wow, what an onslaught. Heaven forbid that an army of two shake the foundations of a website.

Then, you get crappy posts from people that do not know what is happening professing their love for the Packer fans and lining up to plant their lips on rears to make happy-happy nice-nice.

Any of you that know me, and some here do, know where I can be found. They did as well. It would be a lot more mature to say it to my face than it would to run around and talk about people behind their back.

Since maturity seems to be an issue.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

i hate that site

Junior Member Array title="ColdRolledSteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> ColdRolledSteel's Avatar

I've been a member at the Packers forum for years. I have never seen Packer fans go off on Steeler fans like this.Let them be or engage them. If they want to step on the Terrible Towel,that's their right. To the folks who are going over there to "Apologize" for Steeler trolls? Stop. In the Name of of all that which is Greg Lloyd,Jack Lambert and Mean Joe Green, please stop. Quite frankly, your posts there scream of estrogen overload and reek of ass kissing... No need for that. Look, they are feeling the same as any other teams fans who are matched up against the Steelers. They are scared. I have yet to see any Steeler trolls there.I'm sure there has been some, but the Mods there (Great guys,BTW),must have deleted them.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Here is the funny part, I signed up with this board when it first opened. I went to the Packers message board to talk football. Yet, they banned me because one of their moderators went to SteelerNation and other posters there mentioned my name. I had only talked football at that point. They still banned me, later rescinded the ban, then devoted a thread there to call me out, even going as far as PMing me to gain my attention.

So, to all of you apologizing for the "trolls" that are not Steeler faithful, do you still feel the same way? Do you know how many "trolls" were banned? TWO. Wow, what an onslaught. Heaven forbid that an army of two shake the foundations of a website.

Then, you get crappy posts from people that do not know what is happening professing their love for the Packer fans and lining up to plant their lips on rears to make happy-happy nice-nice.

Any of you that know me, and some here do, know where I can be found. They did as well. It would be a lot more mature to say it to my face than it would to run around and talk about people behind their back.

Let me put it this way.

I never mentioned names, nor hinted at people in particular. I was speaking in general about fans of certain teams that troll other boards. I have no idea if you did or did not, and frankly, don't care as it is none of my business. I do however, care about having good football discussions...

and to that end, if you want to stay around here and talk football... come on over.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

So why do some Steelers fans feel the need to stoop to their level? Just ignore them and focus on supporting our team and cheering the Steelers to victory.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Let me put it this way.

I never mentioned names, nor hinted at people in particular. I was speaking in general about fans of certain teams that troll other boards. I have no idea if you did or did not, and frankly, don't care as it is none of my business. I do however, care about having good football discussions...

and to that end, if you want to stay around here and talk football... come on over.
    Ditto... There is nothing wrong with what we are doing. It's the better thing to do then act like kids.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Ditto... There is nothing wrong with what we are doing. It's the better thing to do then act like kids.
    'Zackly. I did not apologize for the behavior of these trolls. Although their behavior offends me as much as it offended the Packers fans, I have no control over it and therefore it's not my fault. The Packers fans were at fault for flaming me without cause and I was at fault for firing back when I didn't know what was going on. The whole situation needed fixing and it's fixed (knock on wood).
    Both of our organizations are known for handling ourselves with class and I prefer to keep it that way.

As for the "butt-kissing" thing, it ain't butt-kissing if you mean it. I like their players, organization, and fans and I always have. The way they approach the game, their traditions and how they conduct themselves are reminiscent of how we like to be. I respect that and don't mind telling them.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

So why do some Steelers fans feel the need to stoop to their level? Just ignore them and focus on supporting our team and cheering the Steelers to victory.
    See, that is the problem, nobody from SteelerNation did. Only three members went over there. Of the three, I cannot find where ONE trolled the site. All were talking football or backing up the Steelers. What they did not like was when they would call Ben a rapist, we would point out Brandon Underwood was allegedly charged with raping a woman and 6 players, including Clay Matthews, were accused of holding her down.

See, they wanted to start slinging shit about the Steelers but climbed up on a pedestal like their team was squeaky clean. Even in threads without that banter, if you talked football, it did not take another 4 posts for rapist to come out. THEIR moderator heard so much of it, he made THEM stop. Then, he went searching, found a post on SteelerNation that is referenced, and started banning people from that site.

There was no mass trolling. Hell, there wasn't even trolling to start with, unless you consider football talk trolling. Then, other "Steeler" fans come in and apologize. So, basically, what they are apologizing for is for the guys in front of them that took offense to the Steelers being called rapists, cheap shot artists, and scum.

Wow, way to clean that up. Instead of potentially being called trolls by fans of another team, we will settle for watching our team get called much worse. Brilliant.

See, that is the problem, nobody from SteelerNation did. Only three members went over there. Of the three, I cannot find where ONE trolled the site. All were talking football or backing up the Steelers. What they did not like was when they would call Ben a rapist, we would point out Brandon Underwood was allegedly charged with raping a woman and 6 players, including Clay Matthews, were accused of holding her down.

See, they wanted to start slinging shit about the Steelers but climbed up on a pedestal like their team was squeaky clean. Even in threads without that banter, if you talked football, it did not take another 4 posts for rapist to come out. THEIR moderator heard so much of it, he made THEM stop. Then, he went searching, found a post on SteelerNation that is referenced, and started banning people from that site.

There was no mass trolling. Hell, there wasn't even trolling to start with, unless you consider football talk trolling. Then, other "Steeler" fans come in and apologize. So, basically, what they are apologizing for is for the guys in front of them that took offense to the Steelers being called rapists, cheap shot artists, and scum.

Wow, way to clean that up. Instead of potentially being called trolls by fans of another team, we will settle for watching our team get called much worse. Brilliant.
    So just leave their site and be done with it.. Let then bitch and talk smack amongst their selves.. We are all adults.. Let's walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    'Zackly. I did not apologize for the behavior of these trolls. Although their behavior offends me as much as it offended the Packers fans, I have no control over it and therefore it's not my fault. The Packers fans were at fault for flaming me without cause and I was at fault for firing back when I didn't know what was going on. The whole situation needed fixing and it's fixed (knock on wood).
    Both of our organizations are known for handling ourselves with class and I prefer to keep it that way.

As for the "butt-kissing" thing, it ain't butt-kissing if you mean it. I like their players, organization, and fans and I always have. The way they approach the game, their traditions and how they conduct themselves are reminiscent of how we like to be. I respect that and don't mind telling them.
    In the initial thread that most of us posted in, titled "Steeler Fan Visitors! Why Do You Believe Steelers Win?", a thread you posted in, Packer fans started with the slaps. They came with the arrest cracks and other statements. In fact, several Steeler posters openly questioned why they approached it like that IN that thread. That is where their moderator stated:
    I agree
    KNOCK this **** off about the **** crap..I am sick of seeing it
    He said that AFTER I responded to a Packer fan making a statement about our players getting arrested. I pointed out they had history too. And, they do. Johnny Jolly is gone for a year because of drugs. They have had multiple arrests in that area and Farve was hooked on painkillers while with the Packers. They had rape charges against Brandon Underwood 5 months AFTER Roethlisberger. They have dirty laundry just like any other team.

You were in that thread with the backhanded slaps. In fact, you came in on that thread and that was the first thread where ANYONE from SteelerNation posted. So, in essence, you were one of the posters that "trolled" their site. You did as much "trolling" as anyone else. Now, since they have called you a troll, you want to back up and play nice. What did you do wrong to be called a troll? Nothing? Really. Neither did we.

The simple fact is, they bashed MY team. They slung plenty of shitty terms out about MY Steelers. You can eat that shit if you like and call it ice cream, I won't. If they were choirboys and we were thugs, sure. But they have just as many skeletons in their closet, invite visiting fans into a thread to talk football, and then posters there go out of their way to derail football talk with cheap shots.

And, you are now defending them. Way to go. Instead of thinking Steeler fans are "trolls", now they know we are doormats for them to wipe their crappy shoes on any time they like. No backbone. No integrity. We will just take their backhand slaps at our team, wipe the blood out our mouth, and apologize if we let a drop hit their carpet.

So just leave their site and be done with it.. Let then bitch and talk smack amongst their selves.. We are all adults.. Let's walk away...
    That is exactly what I have done. And, I am not on another Steeler site talking about spineless Steeler fans apologizing for standing up to their team and begging for people to come and defend the Steelers with some backbone.

But, Slash felt the need to come here and beg for people to go there and apologize.

The funny part is, there are Packer moderators over there defending me. Why would they do that if we trolled the site?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

TMC,
    Don't know what to tell you there, man. I haven't had any issues with them since this whole episode. Any Packers trolls over there reflect on their fans, not ours. If your pride will not allow you to rise above it then you have made the conscious decision to engage in a low-road discussion and that's your business.
    I choose to maintain a friendly discussion and ignore the trolls.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

TMC,
    Don't know what to tell you there, man. I haven't had any issues with them since this whole episode. Any Packers trolls over there reflect on their fans, not ours. If your pride will not allow you to rise above it then you have made the conscious decision to engage in a low-road discussion and that's your business.
    I choose to maintain a friendly discussion and ignore the trolls.
    I guess you haven't. When someone starts kissing my ass, I like it too. I am sure they love it. But, their moderators had to step in and stop them from calling Ben a rapist. Their moderators had to step in to stop their members from inciting issues.

Then, you make statements like this:
    For real. I've honestly never heard of that forum before. What a buncha douches!
    They banned 2 people from that site. Yet, you call everyone there douches. Then, you make a post here about them.

How classy is that? Taking the high road? You choose to maintain a friendly discussion with Packer fans and in order to do so, you trash your own fan base because PACKER FANS told you they were trolling. Even though, they have a whopping ban list of 2. TWO.

If you are on the high-road, I'll stay on the low-road. I'll stick with my Steeler brothers and sisters 365 days a year and not jump ship and talk shit about them to appease a fan base that is trashing my team.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

I'm a member of both SteelerNation and Here...

Guys...TMC is not your enemy, he's not rude, nor is he a trash talker. He's very highly respected over at SN and would be here too if he chose to post over here regularly. Problem is, that some fans of other teams get all up in arms when things are pointed out against their team...and that....IMO, is what happened on the Packer Boards.

Every fan base has their difficult fans, but TMC is not one of them. You should read his pre-game writeups. They are better than anything you will find in any "paid" venue.

Just my 2 cents....

Now...we have a game tomorrow...as a Nation...Let's all unite!

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

there just kids. no biggy
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

BF,
    I'm not trashing TMC. I'm just saying that he's making a conscious decision to let the flamers rile him up, whereas I am making the conscious decision to report/ ignore the problem children and carry on a friendly discussion with the non-trolls. To each his own.

Junior Member Array title="Lunchboxer is an unknown quantity at this point">

Im a Packer fan I say Thanks for staying Classy on this forum. I honestly dont know what the hell is going on,on both forums. All i know is that some Steeler fans on SN decided to launch a Troll Campaign on our forum. Our Forum does not allow trolling or low level attacks. Our People involved with any trolling has been given a Strict Warning. Only very few of our people troll. It all started when SN launched first then our people did troll them back and the SN trolls got Banned. I dont know why this TMC guy was targeted.

Good Luck Sunday hope its a good game.

P.S The Packers saved the Bears from getting killed. If the Bears would of Won that last game I think you would of Killed a few people. Sence the Packers beat the Bears its a Competition. The Bears just stink.

Peace out.

BF,
    I'm not trashing TMC. I'm just saying that he's making a conscious decision to let the flamers rile him up, whereas I am making the conscious decision to report/ ignore the problem children and carry on a friendly discussion with the non-trolls. To each his own.
    Actually, I did not make that conscious decision to get riled up. Again, you do not know what the hell you are talking about. I was simply talking football on that board. Then, a moderator went to SteelerNation, found a post, saw others talking about me and what was said on the Packer board, started a thread pointing me out, made a sticky of it, and then PMed me to drag me in it.

Then, YOU made a conscious decision to go there and try to show superiority by trashing SteelerNation, calling people from there douches, and then posting a thread about it here.

If you planned on ignoring it, why did you ever address it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxer View Post
    Im a Packer fan I say Thanks for staying Classy on this forum. I honestly dont know what the hell is going on,on both forums. All i know is that some Steeler fans on SN decided to launch a Troll Campaign on our forum. Our Forum does not allow trolling or low level attacks. Our People involved with any trolling has been given a Strict Warning. Only very few of our people troll. It all started when SN launched first then our people did troll them back and the SN trolls got Banned. I dont know why this TMC guy was targeted.

Good Luck Sunday hope its a good game.

P.S The Packers saved the Bears from getting killed. If the Bears would of Won that last game I think you would of Killed a few people. Sence the Packers beat the Bears its a Competition. The Bears just stink.

Peace out.
    I would challenge you and ANY other Packer member to point out the offending posts made by the "Troll Campaign". I would be willing to bet you cannot find 10 posts made simply to incite issues on your board.

But, I bet I can find twice as many where Roethlisberger is called a rapist there and Steeler players are called thugs. In fact, I can find those type posts in threads addressed to Steeler fans under the premise of "talking football". Again, it is a FACT that LTF, a moderator, had to post a sticky telling PACKER members to stop with the rape posts. Please tell me how that fits into your "classy" mantra.

Actually, I did not make that conscious decision to get riled up. Again, you do not know what the hell you are talking about. I was simply talking football on that board. Then, a moderator went to SteelerNation, found a post, saw others talking about me and what was said on the Packer board, started a thread pointing me out, made a sticky of it, and then PMed me to drag me in it.

Then, YOU made a conscious decision to go there and try to show superiority by trashing SteelerNation, calling people from there douches, and then posting a thread about it here.

If you planned on ignoring it, why did you ever address it?
    Our Mod did not call you out on Purpose. Did you even read his posts. He wanted you to be aware of SN dirty tactics sence you are a Regular of that Board.

I would challenge you and ANY other Packer member to point out the offending posts made by the "Troll Campaign". I would be willing to bet you cannot find 10 posts made simply to incite issues on your board.

But, I bet I can find twice as many where Roethlisberger is called a rapist there and Steeler players are called thugs. In fact, I can find those type posts in threads addressed to Steeler fans under the premise of "talking football". Again, it is a FACT that LTF, a moderator, had to post a sticky telling PACKER members to stop with the rape posts. Please tell me how that fits into your "classy" mantra.
    Its my Personal Opinion that Big Ben is a Rapist. I dont hate the Team but I dont care for the QB for what he did. Just incase you dont read.

I DONT HATE THE STEELERS. I JUST DONT LIKE THE QB.

I got Respect for the rest of the Steelers team but I dont respect Big Ben. I also hate Vick too for what he did.

For the post on the troll campaign Did you read the first Post of what our Mod said. Its on Post 1 on Page 1 of that thread. All the post are quoted.

Our Mod did not call you out on Purpose. Did you even read his posts. He wanted you to be aware of SN dirty tactics sence you are a Regular of that Board.
    Funny, he could not have made me aware in the PM he sent me to direct me to that thread? He can send a PM to get me to the thread, but cannot type, in a PM, hey, you may need to know about this since you have not done anything offensive here yet.

Wow, PMs are only good for directing you into threads where you are being called out....a sticky at the top of the board no less.

Are you that damn stupid? I have moderated boards before, I understand the difference between using a thread and a PM. You PM to stop it before it gets too far. You sticky something so a whole board knows. If it was not his intention to call me out, then he is a dumbass.

Junior Member Array title="longtimefan is an unknown quantity at this point">

Wanted to thank you for your support...

We didn't know why some Steeler fans were acting like that...It made for some lumping all all our "good" Steeler fans into being trolls

When I found out that the ADMIN requested I went into defensive mode so to speak.

Again TY!!

Good luck, no injuries, and a very evenly ref'd game

Funny, he could not have made me aware in the PM he sent me to direct me to that thread? He can send a PM to get me to the thread, but cannot type, in a PM, hey, you may need to know about this since you have not done anything offensive here yet.

Wow, PMs are only good for directing you into threads where you are being called out....a sticky at the top of the board no less.

Are you that damn stupid? I have moderated boards before, I understand the difference between using a thread and a PM. You PM to stop it before it gets too far. You sticky something so a whole board knows. If it was not his intention to call me out, then he is a dumbass.

Can you read. Also Why dident you defend yourself or distance yourself from the SN trolls. Considering one of the post of that Thread on SN mentions your name and I Quote. Quote:

"I think TMC laid the smack down over at packerforum.com.
    lots of huge sig pics and [FILTH] on that board, not as bad as gobungles..but close"

SteelerSal

OK..we get it.

Let's please move on and get ready for a clean, injury free game!

STEELERS VICTORY, of course!!

Its my Personal Opinion that Big Ben is a Rapist. I dont hate the Team but I dont care for the QB for what he did. Just incase you dont read.

I got Respect for the rest of the Steelers team but I dont respect Big Ben. I also hate Vick too for what he did.

For the post on the troll campaign Did you read the first Post of what our Mod said. Its on Post 1 on Page 1 of that thread. All the post are quoted.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. It is my personal opinion that Brandon Underwood and the Hold Her Down 6, including Clay Matthews, are way worse. They GANG raped a woman.

Scum. The whole lot of them.

So, do you also hate those 7 players?

I bet you don't. I bet you will profess their innocence.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Yes. DAMN HIM for getting his dick wet. We all know that none of us would have hooked up with any single girls throwing themselves at us if we were young, rich, and famous.

BTW have you read any of the reports or details about either case or just going by what the media has chosen to say/leave out? Because if you haven't then I don't think you have the right to accuse someone of rape (a pretty serious crime) if you are just going to parrot the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Yeah, I feel the same way. It is my personal opinion that Brandon Underwood and the Hold Her Down 6, including Clay Matthews, are way worse. They GANG raped a woman.

Scum. The whole lot of them.

So, do you also hate those 7 players?

I bet you don't. I bet you will profess their innocence.

What are you talking about. Now your just pulling fake stuff out of your butt. Clay Mathews, Underwood did not rape anyone. Because.... ITS NOT ON THE NEWS. Big Ben was Suspended 4 games. He was in the news and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Yes. DAMN HIM for getting his dick wet. We all know that none of us would have hooked up with any single girls throwing themselves at us if we were young, rich, and famous.

BTW have you read any of the reports or details about either case or just going by what the media has chosen to say/leave out? Because if you haven't then I don't think you have the right to accuse someone of rape (a pretty serious crime) if you are just going to parrot the media.
    Yes I did too watch and read all about that. Thats how I came up with my PERSONAL OPINION.

Can you read. Also Why dident you defend yourself or distance yourself from the SN trolls. Considering one of the post of that Thread on SN mentions your name and I Quote. Quote:

"I think TMC laid the smack down over at packerforum.com.
    lots of huge sig pics and [FILTH] on that board, not as bad as gobungles..but close"
    Why should I? If that is how they feel, what am I to say? Again, FIND me the posts that were "troll" posts.

I can read just fine. Again, why did your moderator, in his infinite wisdom, not shoot me a PM to ask me like he did when he directed me to the sticky?

Answer that question. It is not hard. If he could PM me to point me to that thread, why could he not just ask me privately?

Furthermore, when you click on a poster's name on your board, there is a way to "Find All Posts" by that member. He could have easily searched my posts to see if I was trolling. It brings up ONLY my posts.

But, he is a hothead. He decided to "Ready, FIRE, Aim." Just because he is a dumbass does not mean I should run in behind him and clean up his screwups.