Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 78

Thread: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

  1. #1
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 is a splendid one to behold"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    3,553

    Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    The Packers forum is under assault from trolls from some forum called "SteelerNation.Com"

    These "fans" are really making the rest of us look like... well... like Eagles fans.

    You folks might want to drop by and show them what Steeler nation is really all about.
    You'll almost certainly take some heat 'cus these folks have had a long week, but I don't like the idea of these jackasses dragging our good name through the mud.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,269

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Packers forum link ? But yea. There are "several" people on that site (steelernation.com) that appear to have forgotten to take their "meds" before they sign on... the kind that don't think before they speak (OR type).
    Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 02-03-2011 at 11:39 PM.

  3. #3
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 is a splendid one to behold"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    3,553

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Sorry!
    http://www.packerforum.com/f8/

    Those douche-nozzles actually went out of their way to go looking for fights. With mods cheering them on!
    Is this some new Steeler forum? I've never heard of them before.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,269

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Sorry!
    http://www.packerforum.com/f8/

    Those douche-nozzles actually went out of their way to go looking for fights. With mods cheering them on!
    Is this some new Steeler forum? I've never heard of them before.
    No. I think they've been around for a while as they get a fair amount of traffic. But there are quite a few that are not "people person's" over there. "Quick" to pick a fight with anyone, rival fan's OR steeler fans... There's "definitely" an 'element of madness' over there...

  5. #5
    Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Panama
    Gender
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    That's why I hate 7 year olds
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

  6. #6
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar
    Galagon 2004 Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,684

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
    No. I think they've been around for a while as they get a fair amount of traffic. But there are quite a few that are not "people person's" over there. "Quick" to pick a fight with anyone, rival fan's OR steeler fans... There's "definitely" an 'element of madness' over there...
    Yep. SN has been around for quite a while - they flame each other just as much as they flame opposing teams' fans if not more, from what I've seen. Not my cup of tea, personally.




  7. #7
    OC Hate: BOHICA Array title="Craic has a reputation beyond repute"> Craic's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Just short of crazy
    Gender
    Posts
    5,522

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    I think I checked them out for about 2 minutes when SF blew up... No way, no how, no thankyou.

    "Mommy, I failed my math exam! What should I do?"
    "You're a Steelers fan, honey; blame Roger Goodell!"

  8. #8
    Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Burgh
    Gender
    Posts
    9,826

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    I used to post over at SN years ago and while most of the long-timers over there are good people who love their team, there is a group of them who kind of run the roost and enjoy baiting, flaming and looking for fights. When I left there to come here, I left with - let's say - a "bang".

    Surprisingly, we haven't had any Pack trolls over here, and even though we are finally on the Google first page, there are other forums above us who are bearing the brunt.






    CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

  9. #9
    Junior Member Array title="JJP41 is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    4

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Stash and the classy Steeler fans for not flaming the Packers forum. Trolls from the Steeler Nation have gone out of their way trying to start stuff ........even devoted an entire thread on their site to it. Sad.

    Good luck on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar
    Galagon 2004 Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,684

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJP41 View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Stash and the classy Steeler fans for not flaming the Packers forum. Trolls from the Steeler Nation have gone out of their way trying to start stuff ........even devoted an entire thread on their site to it. Sad.

    Good luck on Sunday.
    Thanks for the kind words. As much as I wanna build animosity towards the Packers for this game, I just can't. Classy organization and a classy fanbase all the way around. Good luck to you as well - but not too much luck.




  11. #11
    Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Burgh
    Gender
    Posts
    9,826

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJP41 View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Stash and the classy Steeler fans for not flaming the Packers forum. Trolls from the Steeler Nation have gone out of their way trying to start stuff ........even devoted an entire thread on their site to it. Sad.

    Good luck on Sunday.
    You're welcome. I have never been one to troll other teams' forums as it is pointless and imho - quite immature. The Pack's fan base is just as devoted and loyal to their team as ours is and both teams go way back. I respect the Pack and their fans even though I hope we kick your asses up the field and back down on Sunday.

    Welcome to SU and please feel free to stick around!






    CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

  12. #12
    Junior Member Array title="JJP41 is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    4

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    In all honesty, I was sort of disappointed the Steelers didn't get to play the Pats in the title game. I really wanted to see them beat Brady and Company. Not that shutting up Rexy Ryan is a bad thing but I don't much care for the Pats.

    Again, good luck all.

  13. #13
    Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Done. I can't stand our bandwagoneer base punk asses. They're not even fans as far as I'm concerned.

  14. #14
    Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arkansas, (formally New Jersey)
    Posts
    2,396

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    imgaine if I was a troll....muahahahahahahahahaha

    I just smack talk on our forum instead...its much funner that way.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
    Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1

  15. #15
    Junior Member Array title="JJP41 is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    4

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    You guys are a class act. More of you should join Slash and come over and talk football with us Packer fans.

  16. #16
    Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arkansas, (formally New Jersey)
    Posts
    2,396

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJP41 View Post
    You guys are a class act. More of you should join Slash and come over and talk football with us Packer fans.
    HA HA HA!

    you must be talking to everyone else! LMAO! clearly you haven't seen any of my violent posts
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
    Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1

  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,269

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Steeler Nation is the "Penitentiary" for Steelers fans... Just like when criminals can't function in society, the only place that will except them is the penitentiary. Likewise; when those people that seem to get "banned" from the more respected Steeler sites, they seem to "fit in" and find a home at SN. Its for the "special" among us...

  18. #18
    Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Posts
    2,736

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Yea, Dino is the guy we sic on you if you're a troll from another team. He also shows great initiative in that same regard. haha

  19. #19
    Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a jewel in the rough"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clowns Town, Ohio
    Gender
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Every fan base has fans like that.

    I checked out SN at one point, but they flamed the shit out of me. I go to a Steelers forum to talk football, not take crap like they hand out there.

    RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

  20. #20
    Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has a spectacular aura about"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,457

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    steelernation.com has been around since about '99, when the steelers site went down. There are a select few who are cool, like TMC, but most of them are just wankers.

  21. #21
    Junior Member Array title="JJP41 is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Posts
    4

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    HA HA HA!

    you must be talking to everyone else! LMAO! clearly you haven't seen any of my violent posts
    No, can't say I have.........lol.

  22. #22
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar
    Galagon 2004 Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,684

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    HA HA HA!

    you must be talking to everyone else! LMAO! clearly you haven't seen any of my violent posts
    Careful what you say - I don't want to draw the ire of this guy:

    Vikings' Stadium Collapse caused by Green Bay Packers Wizard







  23. #23
    Where's the beef? Array title="43Hitman has much to be proud of"> 43Hitman's Avatar
    Texas Holdem Poker Champion! Bandit Gunslingers Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Va
    Gender
    Posts
    3,817

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Every fan base has fans like that.

    I checked out SN at one point, but they flamed the shit out of me. I go to a Steelers forum to talk football, not take crap like they hand out there.
    yeah, no crap. I had a mod on my ass after about 10 minutes of being on that board. It wasn't pretty, lol.






  24. #24
    SteelerSal
    Guest

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    What topic over on the Packers forum are you all refering to?

  25. #25
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has much to be proud of"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    2,092

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    I checked out SN when SF imploded and lurked for about a day before I realized that place was a shit hole. Seemed like they were all so busy trying be to the 'cool kid' they forgot to act like adults. (wow do I sound old..)
    Get rid of Roger Goodell!

    PATRIOTS*

  26. #26
    SteelerSal
    Guest

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I checked out SN when SF imploded and lurked for about a day before I realized that place was a shit hole. Seemed like they were all so busy trying be to the 'cool kid' they forgot to act like adults. (wow do I sound old..)
    But that did not stop you from being the old, cool kid, here.

  27. #27
    Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Burgh
    Gender
    Posts
    9,826

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    steelernation.com has been around since about '99, when the steelers site went down. There are a select few who are cool, like TMC, but most of them are just wankers.
    TMC is a nice guy and knows his stuff. I know a lot of people have a problem with DD but he was always respectful to me.

    There was a guy over there, whose SN shall not be mentioned, who took shots at me because I'm a female (he even admitted it once). God forbid a woman should post in the football forums. He got the shock of his life when he quickly found out that if the poison dart is fired at me, I'll fire it right back with pinpoint accuracy. There was also a former female Mod over there who was a real bitch and thought she was just da shit. She always took her shots because I was fairly well liked over there and because I had a few years on her. Y'know - the "Granny" jokes. When I left there, I tore into her like I've never torn into anyone before and got a ton of emails from those who had my email addy giving me props for doing something they always wanted to do but were afraid to. From what I was told, she stayed away from there for several weeks after that and is no longer over there.






    CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

  28. #28
    Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Gender
    Posts
    2,993

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Done.. I added my 2 cents to Slash's thread...


    Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

  29. #29
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has much to be proud of"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    2,092

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    TMC is a nice guy and knows his stuff. I know a lot of people have a problem with DD but he was always respectful to me.

    There was a guy over there, whose SN shall not be mentioned, who took shots at me because I'm a female (he even admitted it once). God forbid a woman should post in the football forums. He got the shock of his life when he quickly found out that if the poison dart is fired at me, I'll fire it right back with pinpoint accuracy. There was also a former female Mod over there who was a real bitch and thought she was just da shit. She always took her shots because I was fairly well liked over there and because I had a few years on her. Y'know - the "Granny" jokes. When I left there, I tore into her like I've never torn into anyone before and got a ton of emails from those who had my email addy giving me props for doing something they always wanted to do but were afraid to. From what I was told, she stayed away from there for several weeks after that and is no longer over there.
    I know the girl you are talking about and she was a total rag. Probably one of the biggest turn offs over there. I'm glad she never showed up here.
    Get rid of Roger Goodell!

    PATRIOTS*

  30. #30
    Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, indiana
    Gender
    Posts
    9,314

    Re: Trolls makin' Steeler Nation look bad.

    Wheni was search for a place to hang my steelrs hat a few years ago i stopped ini there for a short time and got blasted by some reglars and i knew then i need to go before i blew a gasket


    For those i love i will sacrifice.

    Si ventus non est, remiga

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •