Thread: Raiders Sign John Henderson

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Raiders Sign John Henderson

Raiders sign veteran DT Henderson to one-year deal

By Michael Lombardi | NFL.com

The Oakland Raiders agreed to a one-year deal with free-agent defensive tackle John Henderson on Friday, according to a league source

Henderson, 31, has played each his eight NFL seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars, starting 120 of 124 games over that span. He recorded 36 tackles and 3 sacks in 15 games for Jacksonville last season.

The Jaguars released Henderson in April, just days after drafting DT Tyson Alualu with the 10th overall pick in the draft.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Re: Raiders Sign John Henderson

Beat me to it. I always liked Big John Henderson.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

He is an animal that's for sure, but he signed with the Raiders so their goes his career.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    He is an animal that's for sure, but he signed with the Raiders so their goes his career.
    I dunno. I thought that at first and then realized that they seem to be moving in the right direction. That defense could very well be last years Jets.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
    I dunno. I thought that at first and then realized that they seem to be moving in the right direction. That defense could very well be last years Jets.
    I wish for the sake of those poor fans who come strong the first few games every season they could be somewhat successful other than against us! Their defense has always been somewhat of their strong point let's hope he only improves it more!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'm happy with the signing. We needed another DT. This year feels different... like Al is actually listening to the coaching staff for a change. Good draft and a pretty fair off season, so far. I just hope they are competitive this year, and look like an NFL football team.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'm happy with the signing. We needed another DT. This year feels different... like Al is actually listening to the coaching staff for a change. Good draft and a pretty fair off season, so far. I just hope they are competitive this year, and look like an NFL football team.
    I agree. Plus, they showed improvement last year; something to build upon.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

The Raiders are definitely making the right moves as of late. I like this signing for them.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

i hope they are competitive again. ive always liked the raiders . plus they have the second coolest unis in the leauge

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Are we even sure Al is alive? i mean the draft WOW and now this signing! Oh and getting rid of russell!! Did the crypt keeper die and no one letting it out?

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    Are we even sure Al is alive? i mean the draft WOW and now this signing! Oh and getting rid of russell!! Did the crypt keeper die and no one letting it out?
    I don't know what's going on in Alameda, but I sure hope it continues!

plus they have the second coolest unis in the leauge
    My Raiders may be one of the worst teams in the league this decade, but... the Raiders' uni is second to none!

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    i hope they are competitive again. ive always liked the raiders . plus they have the second coolest unis in the leauge

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

obviously he wasn't around during the 70's...

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Another sign of the raiders going to a 3-4?

Henderson's a big guy, and he can barely rush the passer anymore. Could be a good fit at DE

Anyway, nice signing. I was wondering when a team was gonna call him
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Raiders will still run a base 4-3 but they will mix some 3-4 in as well. I haven't heard any talk of using him at DE.