Thread: Malcolm Delaney says Maryland fans threw 'hard object' at his mom Thursday

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Malcolm Delaney says Maryland fans threw 'hard object' at his mom Thursday

This blog, and many other outlets, have called a lot of attention to Virginia Tech senior Malcolm Delaney's comments leading up to Thursday's 74-57 victory over Maryland, that the Terrapins "might have the worst fans ever."

And though both teams have already played their next games, the story took another turn following the Hokies' victory over Longwood Saturday night.

Read more... http://voices.washingtonpost.com/hok..._maryland.html

Not surprising. Everyone in the ACC knows that Maryland has the worst fans/home crowd of any basketball team in the country. I don't know how parents take their kids to games there. I wouldn't. They actually chant "Fuck Duke!" in unison when we play up there. Just plain embarrassing if you ask me. Can't believe Gary Williams or the school haven't done anything about this.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Malcolm Delaney says Maryland fans threw 'hard object' at his mom Thursday

Well its Duke at Maryland tonight. Lets see if the Maryland student section still thinks it is okay to chant the F word on national television...

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

As a Terrapin for a semester and a half, all I can say in Maryland's defense is "Fuck Duke"

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Everyone in the ACC knows that Maryland has the worst fans/home crowd of any basketball team in the country.
    They're alright, if their Ravens and Caps fans as well.... they're the worst.

They were not as bad this year then we were up there this year. I heard Gary Williams, the AD, and the Chancellor of the university all told the students what was and was not going to be tolerated. Its about fucking time. Last year when they beat us up there several of our players said they were spit on leaving the floor.

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

I was at a football game against FSU when Chris Rix was still starting for the Seminoles. As he was warming up before the game, the crowd started chanting "Rix sucks dicks!"

It was awesome