Thread: Ryan Moats anyone ?

Junior Member Array title="Steel-bryan is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel-bryan's Avatar

Ryan Moats anyone ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

I wouldnt mind having him on the team at all. He would give us good depth at RB.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/ncgnio.png

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ryan Moats anyone ?

Sure, why not? Good depth never hurts.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

If Mewelde werent here id scream yes. Even with Mewelde, he's an interesting guy to look at i think, but i dont think we'll carry 4 pure RB's, and if Moats made the team, then Moore probably wont, and that takes away a little bit from the offense.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Those Maurice Jones Drew / Ray Rice built guys give us fits. Very tempting. But he isn't good enough to knock out any of our top 3 backs.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Nope....not good enough to make the team in da burgh

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

IF we didnt have Moore or IF we didnt draft Dwyer...i'd say yes...but right now it would be tough to make the team with Mendy, Moore, Dwyer, then maybe Redman? Not sure?! Maybe he could beat out Redman...though Redman would still have the upperhand. So yeah...i dont see it happening....

Its kind of like the article says...in Houston he has Steve Slaton, Arian Foster, Chris Henry and Ben Tate to compete with....almost identical situation here...with just different players.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

To give Dwyer a little push, heck why not

He should go to a team with poor runningback depth though. like the redskins, really, they have enough over the hill backs, give them a young guy that can be an asset.
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

He should go to a team with poor runningback depth though. like the redskins, really, they have enough over the hill backs, give them a young guy that can be an asset.
    Yea really I bet the Redskins have a wheel chair lift in there bus just for the running backs.

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

I think we have enough quality backs to pick from.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

No there are too many teams in the league that need RB depth and the Steeler's are NOT one of them. I'd say maybe if we didn't pick up Dwyer , and I still like Moore in our line up and so does the Steelers and he is productive enough for his role.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

That's still a lot of RB's for them....Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and now Ryan Moats. Not a lot of teams carry 4 RB's

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    That's still a lot of RB's for them....Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and now Ryan Moats. Not a lot of teams carry 4 RB's
    Didn't Brian Westbrook also sign with the Foreskins?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    Didn't Brian Westbrook also sign with the Foreskins?
    they made an offer to him

Member Array title="HughC is an unknown quantity at this point">

I say bring him in and sign him up just for insurance. Injuries happen, better to be safe than sorry and find yourself scrambling to sign somebody if somebody goes down. Use him as training camp fodder and keep the returning guys fresh for the regular season.