Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game thread:Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Game thread:Green Bay Packers vs Chicago Bears

Trust me they are all in line to slob on Dirty Sanchez if he pulls this off today. I can see them licking their lips now.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

well, looks like whoever wins our game is going to have a tough game in the superbowl unless the packers screw this up

WTH!! Why did they blow the whistle!?

ahh the fumbleruski rule, forgot about that

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    WTH!! Why did they blow the whistle!?
    Exactly - the same thing happens last week, they never blow the whistle and the Ravens walk in with a cheap TD. These officials suck.

ahh the fumbleruski rule, forgot about that
    Yeah, nevermind.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Rogers picked off come on Bears get 7 before the half!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

LOL Cutler now picked off. I just don't see da Bears coming back.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Man, cutler is BAD!
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Nice pass, Cutler.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This game is putting me to sleep

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Cutler just threw the GD thing up for grabs. He's playing like he can't wait to get his ass inside.

AML

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    All that is ESPN stuff that Rodgers or anyone else can't control. I only dislike Brady and Manning for all the whineing they do on the field. Rodgers does not do that. If the national media did start praising Ben a lot does that mean you would hate him too?
    That's a pretty irrelevant question, since we all know the odds of them blowing Ben that way are less than zero.

I probably wouldn't hate Rodgers the same way as Brady or Manning because you're right, he doesn't do the same whiney bullshit on the field and they don't make rules to favor him (at least not yet). But I definitely would be sick of him to the point where I'd rather see him fail just so everyone would shut the hell up.

Seriously, it was a lot easier to respect a good opposing QB when they didn't do this. Like ... when you had Montana and Marino and Elway, etc., they didn't treat it like the Second Coming every time one of those guys so much as threw a screen pass. It was more like, "OK, this guy is a good quarterback, can he win the game?" or in other words, it was legitimately about football and not just hype. They sort of pushed that door open a crack for Aikman, and then completely kicked it down for Favre. Since then, it's been nothing but one career-long blowjob after another, and they're on the hunt for the next one. I mean, seriously, they're touting Sam Bradford as the "best rookie ever" after he had a 75 QB rating on a losing team. There's another one we need to watch out for, but thankfully he'll probably rip his shoulder apart again before they get their chance.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    All that is ESPN stuff that Rodgers or anyone else can't control. I only dislike Brady and Manning for all the whineing they do on the field. Rodgers does not do that. If the national media did start praising Ben a lot does that mean you would hate him too?
    THIS!

I don't watch any national media or interviews anyway. Only pittsburgh media

Rodgers is Ben Lite and nothing like brady and manning.
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Trust me they are all in line to slob on Dirty Sanchez if he pulls this off today. I can see them licking their lips now.
    Nah. If Sanchez wins, they're lining up to call him lucky, not good. They'll jump off that bandwagon the next time he throws an interception. If Rodgers wins today, we're in it for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That's a pretty irrelevant question, since we all know the odds of them blowing Ben that way are less than zero.

I probably wouldn't hate Rodgers the same way as Brady or Manning because you're right, he doesn't do the same whiney bullshit on the field and they don't make rules to favor him (at least not yet). But I definitely would be sick of him to the point where I'd rather see him fail just so everyone would shut the hell up.

Seriously, it was a lot easier to respect a good opposing QB when they didn't do this. Like ... when you had Montana and Marino and Elway, etc., they didn't treat it like the Second Coming every time one of those guys so much as threw a screen pass. It was more like, "OK, this guy is a good quarterback, can he win the game?" or in other words, it was legitimately about football and not just hype. They sort of pushed that door open a crack for Aikman, and then completely kicked it down for Favre. Since then, it's been nothing but one career-long blowjob after another, and they're on the hunt for the next one. I mean, seriously, they're touting Sam Bradford as the "best rookie ever" after he had a 75 QB rating on a losing team. There's another one we need to watch out for, but thankfully he'll probably rip his shoulder apart again before they get their chance.
    Funny, because it's so damn true.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jay Cutler is amazing

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rodgers and the Packers are a machine right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NOW it's over.

EDIT: Maybe not. Urlacher is no Silverback, though.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

I almost feel bad laughing at this but I can't help it.

Rodgers just threw a pick in the red zone. Maybe this will turn it all around.

OK ESPN - take a breather from Rodgers knob.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Member Array title="Pittsburghfan is an unknown quantity at this point"> Pittsburghfan's Avatar

Cutler is injured and sitting out.

Todd collins....

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
    Cutler is injured and sitting out.
    He's injured? What's wrong with him?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Good tackle by Rodgers. Reminds me of another touchdown saving tackle by a QB.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    He's injured? What's wrong with him?
    Cutler is soft!! If you can stand and move around you got to give it a go this is it a shot to the super bowl. Big Ben he is not LOL

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Bears have a better shot with a one legged Cutler rather than a healthy Collins.

cutler is soft

Caleb Hanie?

Bears defense has kept them in this, but it doesn't look like it'll be enough.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Hester may have returned that. Not sure why he wasnt in there.

caleb hanie? oh boy....