Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jets vs Pats

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Re: Jets vs Pats

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Matt Leinart vs. JaMarcus Russell at this rate.
    FIFY.

Might as well go all out with megabusts.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    I've been watching a lot of ESPN today - he already does, trust me. It's practically glowing- you can almost read by it. Though, surprisingly, there were some nice words for Ben, too.

I didn't watch this game - I checked in from time to time but figured I'd jinx the Jets if I tuned in, and I have to say I'm a bit concerned. Second year quarterback, sixth seed, no one gives them a chance, they beat Indy on the road, then NE on the road - it sounds a little too familiar, if you know what I mean. The upside is that NE is OUT, and can't get another Lombardi and thus be annointed the bestest ever ever and then Bradicheck bodily assumed into heaven. Anything is better than another Pats win.
    The big difference between the Colts and Pats and the Steelers is that the Steelers have a great defense.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The media conglomerate will now jump on the Packers bandwagon since thier golden boy choked tonight and there is no way they could support the team that beat them. They also cannot support the Steelers of the evil empire and the Bears are unknowns. Expect Aaron Rogers' to have a spit shine on his nutsac on Monday morning.
    I really hope that they jump all over all the teams BUT the Steelers.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

PUCK THE FATS!!!!

That is all.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

There is no team I hate more than the cheats NONE!!!

Hey Tom Karma's a BITCH aint it!!!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

PatsFans forum are deleting all posts by jets fans this morning. Several have quoted replys before being deleted too funny . There is a thread giving the jets hell from when they beat them, but now all the jets responses are being wiped. Gotta take what you give sometimes.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    I've been watching a lot of ESPN today - he already does, trust me. It's practically glowing- you can almost read by it. Though, surprisingly, there were some nice words for Ben, too.

I didn't watch this game - I checked in from time to time but figured I'd jinx the Jets if I tuned in, and I have to say I'm a bit concerned. Second year quarterback, sixth seed, no one gives them a chance, they beat Indy on the road, then NE on the road - it sounds a little too familiar, if you know what I mean. The upside is that NE is OUT, and can't get another Lombardi and thus be annointed the bestest ever ever and then Bradicheck bodily assumed into heaven. Anything is better than another Pats win.
    I think your focus is off it's not about what they can do it's about the Steelers and what we do. When we beat the bronc ho's in the playoffs they were high and over confident because they beat Marsha so they just knew they were going to the big show. The Steelers are much more grounded and we know that winning a single playoff game is not the rubber stamp to the Superbowl.

Notice as well that the Jets are acting the same way the bronc ho's did after they beat Marsha. Santonio and crew posing for the cammeras. I like our chances for delivering a little retribution!!! Go Steelers!!!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Hey Tom Karma's a BITCH aint it!!!
    Karma aint the only thing that's a bitch. Ass Chin is the biggest bitch in the NFL.

Enjoy watching the game from your sofas jackwads!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Heh, this also means the Patriots have not won a playoff game in almost 4 years.
    I stick to what I have said before....The Patriots are a very good team that NEEDED to cheat to get over the hump. The fact that they havnt won a single playoff game since the year they were caught...supports that premise.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I stick to what I have said before....The Patriots are a very good team that NEEDED to cheat to get over the hump. The fact that they havnt won a single playoff game since the year they were caught...supports that premise.
    technically, they won 2 Playoff games in 07, only to lose the Super Bowl to the Giants.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but they won 18 straight

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Last night's game really shook my faith in Brady and Belichick. We came out trying to be all fancy, but there is only a small number of double reverses and trick plays you can try to pull off before the defense catches on, and you ultimately have to start moving the ball by making the simple plays count. The Jets must have had an extra man on the field, because Brady kept trying to dodge an invisible pass rusher.

I don't know how this team could convincingly beat the Jets, Steelers, Bears, and Colts, and pull off wins against the Ravens and Packers, and then put up a performance like this. I think the Pats are addicted to winning high-scoring games. If their offense is clicking then the scoreboard will definitively show it, and everybody piles on the bandwagon, but if their offense is out of rhythm, or they're playing a really good defense, and they haven't scored 14+ points by the 2nd quarter, they get scared and start doing stuff like that fake punt.

If the Jets have a half-decent quarterback at the helm, then I think the Jets blow out the Pats like the Packers did the Falcons. But I think we could have given ourselves a better chance to win.

Oh well...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

In all seriousness, (although I enjoyed your team's loss), the Green Bay game convinced me that your team wasn't going anywhere. GB's backup QB exposed the Pats* defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Last night's game really shook my faith in Brady and Belichick. We came out trying to be all fancy, but there is only a small number of double reverses and trick plays you can try to pull off before the defense catches on, and you ultimately have to start moving the ball by making the simple plays count. The Jets must have had an extra man on the field, because Brady kept trying to dodge an invisible pass rusher.

I don't know how this team could convincingly beat the Jets, Steelers, Bears, and Colts, and pull off wins against the Ravens and Packers, and then put up a performance like this. I think the Pats are addicted to winning high-scoring games. If their offense is clicking then the scoreboard will definitively show it, and everybody piles on the bandwagon, but if their offense is out of rhythm, or they're playing a really good defense, and they haven't scored 14+ points by the 2nd quarter, they get scared and start doing stuff like that fake punt.

If the Jets have a half-decent quarterback at the helm, then I think the Jets blow out the Pats like the Packers did the Falcons. But I think we could have given ourselves a better chance to win.

Oh well...

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    In all seriousness, (although I enjoyed your team's loss), the Green Bay game convinced me that your team wasn't going anywhere. GB's backup QB exposed the Pats* defense.
    Yeah, but I feel like the offense was what really let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post

Oh well...
    An honest and insightful post.

Thanks brother.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Pats started believing their own hype and forgot to put the work in. A few up and coming players showed up, but for the most part those in control forgot that the playoffs are distinctly different from the regular season. I always use the KC Chiefs way back when they were always 13-3 or 14-2 and #1 seed, but one and done in the playoffs.

Poor coaching did not have the team prepared. Brady choked as expected when he gets hit.
    All Defense!

Made some changes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The Pats started believing their own hype and forgot to put the work in. A few up and coming players showed up, but for the most part those in control forgot that the playoffs are distinctly different from the regular season. I always use the KC Chiefs (or the SD Chargers coached by the same guy) way back when they were always 13-3 or 14-2 and #1 seed, but one and done in the playoffs.

No taping did not have the team prepared. Marsha had a hissy fit as expected when he gets hit.

Troy Smith vs Nipsey Russell

Alex Smith vs. JaMarcus Russell at this rate.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Wonder what effect it has on team mentality when your blowing out and easily beating 10 teams a year. When you get down it's hard to believe you can come back and to know how to do it, because you've never been there. I guess the master of situational football can't practice that.
    Merry Christmas