Thread: Panthers LB Thomas Davis re-tears ACL, done for year

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thumbs down Panthers LB Thomas Davis re-tears ACL, done for year

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-torn-acl.html

Quote:
    Davis confirmed that he tore the ACL again Wednesday afternoon, saying he'd have surgery soon to repair the ligament once more.

The news is crushing for the Panthers on many levels, not the least of which is the psychological blow of losing a team leader so early.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Re: Panthers LB Thomas Davis re-tears ACL, done for year

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-torn-acl.html

Quote:
    Davis confirmed that he tore the ACL again Wednesday afternoon, saying he'd have surgery soon to repair the ligament once more.

The news is crushing for the Panthers on many levels, not the least of which is the psychological blow of losing a team leader so early.
    This sucks so bad. I liked him and the Panthers just got Clausen. I was hoping things would look up for them. Who knows?
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

What a shame. It sucks losing a player before the season even starts, def. when they are your defensive leader.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

yep my facebook wall is lighting up with anger as we speak. Its ok though, for most of my friends the NFL and college football are just things to do until college bball season. (I agree with them on the college footbal part).

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

that sucks for them, he's a heck of a player

trading chris harris makes a bit more sense now though
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Very sad to see, hopefully he can make a full recovery and play next year.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

the news is even more crushing for him.

if it werent for the labor dispute he woulda been an unrestricted free agent this year and cashed in on his first (and odds say last) huge payday and mega contract.

instead he was a restricted free agent (much like the chargers, v. jackson and m. mcniel, who are threatening to sit out of camp).

t. davis signed his restricted free agent deal, then went out to practice and ripped up his knee in the same day.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Gotta feel bad for him. He is a player I enjoy to watch and hopefully he can make a full recovery for whenever the next season is