Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limas Sweed

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Limas Sweed

Do you still hope that Sweed will become a good player?

It's here to talk about Sweed!
    Last edited by polamalubeast; 05-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Sweeeeeeeeeed!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I don't give up easily. I still think Sweed could be a very good WR for us. Just not this year.

Senior Member Array title="Shawn is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shawn's Avatar

I hate to say it, but I think he's done. He could still be an excellent player, but he hasn't shown anything at all up to this point. I'm really pulling for him, but I really don't expect him to be on the roster come next season. It's really a shame.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think he's done. He could still be an excellent player, but he hasn't shown anything at all up to this point. I'm really pulling for him, but I really don't expect him to be on the roster come next season. It's really a shame.
    I have to agree with you and it kills me to say it because of the expectations he had, but I sure hope he has the chance to prove us wrong.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

How many more chances does he deserve with the Steelers. I mean with the depth at WR this team has as of now I feel he is just unneeded and has failed enough to prove he is not worthy for the Steelers.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

man i had high hopes for that kid.....but its still not to late

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I still like the kid and hope he will get another chance next year.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I hope he still salvages his career ... but I hate to say it, the odds of that don't look too good.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

I was there for that game. Uggghhh. I felt if he caught that the game could have been done by halftime. Oh well, we still got to see the Steelers win the AFC Title in the end and life was good.

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

I hope he gets a chance, but I'm not too sure. With the drafting of two WRs, that gives us three young guys and Sweed may just not make the cut.

Member Array title="wootawnee is an unknown quantity at this point">

Swan was Superbowl 10 MVP his 2nd season........Sweed never showed up with anything in his bag.......You gotta want it...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
    Swan was Superbowl 10 MVP his 2nd season........Sweed never showed up with anything in his bag.......You gotta want it...
    I guess you could say the same for Silverback. Remember, Harrison was so green early on in his career that he would simply “give up” on plays he was struggling on and would even ask the coaches not to play him when he was struggling
    Last edited by Shoes; 05-30-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Junior Member Array title="focosteeler is an unknown quantity at this point"> focosteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
    maybe its just me but im noticing alot of this happening lately...jamarcus russell, lendale white guys are coming into the league and they SHOULD be probowl players but they are just not in the right mindset

Junior Member Array title="focosteeler is an unknown quantity at this point"> focosteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I guess you could say the same for Silverback.
    kinda, but i think part of his problem was learning the ins and outs of the defense. but then again you never know

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I hope he still salvages his career ... but I hate to say it, the odds of that don't look too good.
    i hope he salvages his career he has the tools to do so

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

There is still hope for him just seems like his time is running out though.

Senior Member Array title="Boomerang is an unknown quantity at this point"> Boomerang's Avatar

I hope he recovers well and earns another shot .

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    How many more chances does he deserve with the Steelers. I mean with the depth at WR this team has as of now I feel he is just unneeded and has failed enough to prove he is not worthy for the Steelers.
    This year is not his fault. The only thing that keeps me on his side is the hit he put on Ivey in the 2008 AFCCG. The kid has heart and maybe his mental lapse problem is over. It might not matter what we think anyway. If Wallace and the rookie receivers step up in a big way he may not find his way back to our roster period. Let alone be a starter. ( just my thoughts)

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Here is the hit I'm talking about. I was there with my brother. That was a great hit. Now all he has to do is hang onto the ball!

Semi anonymous poster Array title="Kaeg is an unknown quantity at this point">

He hasn't had that many thrown his way. I'd love to see them give him another shot next year. It's only camp anyway. Can't hurt to see if he'll make it. There's always cuts if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post

here is the hit i'm talking about. I was there with my brother. That was a great hit. Now all he has to do is hang onto the ball!
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed:love:

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Sweed might salvage his career if he switches to CB. He now has durability issues to go along with the psychological drama and lack of concentration.
    All Defense!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post
    This year is not his fault. The only thing that keeps me on his side is the hit he put on Ivey in the 2008 AFCCG. The kid has heart and maybe his mental lapse problem is over. It might not matter what we think anyway. If Wallace and the rookie receivers step up in a big way he may not find his way back to our roster period. Let alone be a starter. ( just my thoughts)
    I just think that the Steelers brought in a WR in the draft and Brown is looking good in OTA's which makes the depth chart even deeper regardless who makes it, but the one player who has not stepped up or made plays when he should have is Sweed and when you play for the Steeler's you don't get 6+ chances to prove yourself. Im sure he could impress another team at some point, but not the Steelers.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

If Sweed does make it big in the Nfl the drop in the ravens game will stick with him for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    If Sweed does make it big in the Nfl the drop in the ravens game will stick with him for the rest of his career.
    The drop vs Bengals(2009)also

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The drop vs Bengals(2009)also
    Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    The big drops in big games kill him the most and these are just example surely the one against the Ratbird's sticks out the most. That game would have been put away and he would be a hero.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I'm not sure, sadly his career has become one that can be summed up in one word......."potential"

I think he has the ability, we will see i suppose
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~