Thread: Golden Tate busted in donut caper

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Golden Tate busted in donut caper

Seahawks receiver Tate warned for trespassing at donut shop

RENTON, Wash. -- Seahawks rookie wide receiver Golden Tate apologized Tuesday and said he was "very embarrassed" after police in suburban Seattle gave him a warning for trespassing into a gourmet doughnut shop at 3 a.m. last weekend.

Tate said the Top Pot doughnuts store is in the bottom of the building in which he lives in Bellevue, Wash.

"Freshly baked. I made the mistake of -- a buddy made the mistake going in grabbing a couple. We ate them," the former Notre Dame star said after an organized team activity. "This is the wrong type of media I want to bring to the organization."

http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37580189/

---------------------

"Top Pot Donuts"?

Mmmmmmmmm

SteelerSal

Re: Golden Tate busted in donut caper

I am so glad we stayed away from this guy in the draft....he's bad for the locker room..........................because he would not bring enough donuts for the whole team.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

2 game suspension plus they should release the DVDs of the police interviews

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Did he break in or was it open?

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I am so glad we stayed away from this guy in the draft....he's bad for the locker room..........................because he would not bring enough donuts for the whole team.
    I agree .... too many doughnuts have really brught Tate down:

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I love the story and I love the reaction of Carrol even more. Its almost better publicity and advertising for that donut shop than they could ever pay for. Fun stuff!!!

Senior Member Array title="atlsteelers is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I love the story and I love the reaction of Carrol even more. Its almost better publicity and advertising for that donut shop than they could ever pay for. Fun stuff!!!

true that but following the comish's logic he deserves at least a 1 game suspension right?

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Why is he getting in trouble because his friend broke in?

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    It's unclear to me whether he broke in or not. He owuld have been charged with burglary if that's the case not trespassing.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Now i get why Golden is always working out all the time.... the man is addicted to doughnuts

Semi anonymous poster Array title="Kaeg is an unknown quantity at this point">

The donuts themselves aren't a deal to me. I just hope they didn't come along with breaking and entering.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

donuts...

haha.
    All Defense!

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Receiving (pun intended) stolen goods!

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Yeah - he just had the munchies.

Hip Tony - - - you are so right - imagine having a pot donut store in the lobby of your condo - - why leave home?

(....the stupid rep bar pop-up keeps popping up hidden under the threads - - - it disallows me from giving you karma....tell the janitor to fix it or something)

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer View Post
    (....the stupid rep bar pop-up keeps popping up hidden under the threads - - - it disallows me from giving you karma....tell the janitor to fix it or something)
    We're already aware of it - there's a whole thread on it in the Help Desk forum.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    We're already aware of it - there's a whole thread on it in the Help Desk forum.
    I mean I can't type in the rep box after I click on the icon because it's hidden - - - show me a link

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Now i get why Golden is always working out all the time.... the man is addicted to doughnuts
    Or he's getting rid of the sugar high

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The more I think about this the more I see this act as excusable.

Think about it. Tate went to Notre Dame. If you were behind his guy at the team hotel during the breakfast buffet, how many donuts do you think you would get? Tate is just trying to make up for lost time

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I am sure this will not be the only thing he gets into. This is just a donut insident the next one could be much worse.