Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How slimy can you get??

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

How slimy can you get??

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/rep-g...ry?id=12575308
    The bodies aren't even cold yet and they're already trying to twist it to their political advantage!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq38Nnf4pOw

TEA Party types do not list "Communist Manifesto" as their favorite book on their MySpace page. People who follow Sarah Palin do not post things like "My congresswoman voted against Pelosi and now she's dead to me" on Daily Kos.

I will not allow these political opportunists to twist this incident to shut me up. It's tragic and it ain't my fault. They can all rot in Hell.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Akagi is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: How slimy can you get??

Oh, I dunno.

"Palin's Facebook page in March posted a U.S. map with the cross-hairs of a gun scope imposed over each of the 20 Democrats' districts. 'We're on Sarah Palin's targeted list," Giffords said at the time. "The way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they've got to realize there are consequences to that action.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Akagi View Post
    "Palin's Facebook page in March posted a U.S. map with the cross-hairs of a gun scope imposed over each of the 20 Democrats' districts."
    You can NOT honestly believe that this kid had anything to do with the tea party movement or Sarah Palin????

To associate a kid like this with either party is pretty sad. He is obviously mentally disturbed and his demons go far beyond a political affiliation.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

OKAY....I have shake my head.

Someone here at work just brought in their Garmin and showed me the EXACT same symbol as that on Sarah Palin's map. I guess we need to find all Garmin owners in areas that have shootings and blame them instead of the gunmen.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Oh, I dunno.

"Palin's Facebook page in March posted a U.S. map with the cross-hairs of a gun scope imposed over each of the 20 Democrats' districts. 'We're on Sarah Palin's targeted list," Giffords said at the time. "The way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they've got to realize there are consequences to that action.'"
    Are you suggesting that this nut was somehow influenced by Palin? That's pretty reprehensible, dude. Sick, opportunistic, and insulting. This guy is a troubled fringe nut who is radical-left. He hates Palin even more than Giffords. Show some respect. The woman is lying in intensive care.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Nutbags take that stuff seriously. Normal people don't, but nutbags do. It's not her fault he's a nutbag, but it's no stretch from A to B.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    You can NOT honestly believe that this kid had anything to do with the tea party movement or Sarah Palin????

To associate a kid like this with either party is pretty sad. He is obviously mentally disturbed and his demons go far beyond a political affiliation.
    No, it's completely unfair to associate a sick shell of a human being like this to Republicans, just like it's unfair to associate Obama with Hitler, the greatest mass murderer who ever lived. But having had a map with cross-hairs over this poor woman must feel kind of silly right now.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    No, it's completely unfair to associate a sick shell of a human being like this to Republicans, just like it's unfair to associate Obama with Hitler, the greatest mass murderer who ever lived. But having had a map with cross-hairs over this poor woman must feel kind of silly right now. Just saying.
    I think that some of you are taking cheap shots at the expense of a pretty awful situation. Your comparison is not even intellectually accurate. If someone were to try and blame Obama for the deaths of jews...then your analysis that Palin is responsible for the shooting in Arizona would at least be comparitive.

-- Jack Lambert --

I really do find it sad that people feel the need to trivialize a tragedy like this to further their own political viewpoints....and that goes for anyone on EITHER side of the aisle who want to politicize this.

As I have said from the beginning...this guy's actions cannot be tied to ANY political party...nor is it even vaguely humerous to insinuate that one party or the other might have sparked his actions.

He was a nut who shot innocent people....nothing more.

-- Jack Lambert --

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

He hated both parties, all form of government. He wasn't influenced by Palin or anyone other then his extremist own views of the world. He saw an opportunity and took it and he should rot in hell for his actions.

Nutbags take that stuff seriously. Normal people don't, but nutbags do. It's not her fault he's a nutbag, but it's no stretch from A to B.
    Uhh... Ya it is. If you're trying to convince me that this guy would've spent enough time on Palin's website to see those "targets", let alone confuse himself into misinterpreting them as instructions, I assure you I'm not half as stupid as you assume.
    This guy hated Giffords because she voted against Pelosi as minority leader. He's not a Palin fan. He is as far away from a Palin fan as it is humanly possible to get.
    People died here. How'sabout showing a little respect?

I really do find it sad that people feel the need to trivialize a tragedy like this to further their own political viewpoints....and that goes for anyone on EITHER side of the aisle who want to politicize this.

As I have said from the beginning...this guy's actions cannot be tied to ANY political party...nor is it even vaguely humerous to insinuate that one party or the other might have sparked his actions.

I agree. My point wouldn't be to silence anyone's ideas, but to change the inflammatory way those ideas are transmitted. Everything else is for the ballot box to decide; debating them here or anywhere on the internet is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    He hated both parties, all form of government. He wasn't influenced by Palin or anyone other then his extremist own views of the world. He saw an opportunity and took it and he should rot in hell for his actions.
    This.

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Uhh... Ya it is. If you're trying to convince me that this guy would've spent enough time on Palin's website to see those "targets", let alone confuse himself into misinterpreting them as instructions, I assure you I'm not half as stupid as you assume.
    This guy hated Giffords because she voted against Pelosi as minority leader. He's not a Palin fan. He is as far away from a Palin fan as it is humanly possible to get.
    People died here. How'sabout showing a little respect?
    If you hadn't linked it, I would never have seen it. So, show some respect yourself by letting it go.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

You're right. This is a tragedy that nobody could have prevented, but people in both parties are going to react emotionally to this. And if you don't like people blaming conservative rhetoric, then you shouldn't go the opposite way and accuse liberals of trying to capitalize politically off this tragedy (I feel this thread hints toward that). There's just a lot of displaced anger right now.

You're right. This is a tragedy that nobody could have prevented, but people in both parties are going to react emotionally to this. And if you don't like people blaming conservative rhetoric, then you shouldn't go the opposite way and accuse liberals of trying to capitalize politically off this tragedy (I feel this thread hints toward that). There's just a lot of displaced anger right now.

No one specifically accused liberals of capitalizing off this tragedy. The original aim was at "political opportunists"...and I see nowhere in the thread where anyone specifically blamed the left but rather the media for trying to spin this story. In fact other than two posters who wanted to try and pin this on Palin and the tea party...the rest of the thread was devoted to several posters trying to get the thread back on track by saying that the gunman can NOT be affiliated with either party.

the original post

-- Jack Lambert --

No one specifically accused liberals of capitalizing off this tragedy. The original aim was at "political opportunists"...and I see nowhere in the thread where anyone specifically blamed the left but rather the media for trying to spin this story. In fact other than two posters who wanted to try and pin this on Palin and the tea party...the rest of the thread was devoted to several posters trying to get the thread back on track by saying that the gunman can NOT be affiliated with either party.

the original post
    Let me be very clear about this: I *AM* accusing the liberals of trying to capitalize on this senseless tragedy. That's what they're attempting and we all know it.
    Neither side is responsible for what has transpired here, and any attempt to blame this on any public figure or any party is pretty low IMO.

Q: Why did you bring this up?

A: To get people outraged.

So you are guilty of what you charge others.

Bullshit. I didn't post this to assign blame for somebody's death while they were still clinging to life. If the liberals don't like being called out for this politically opportunistic behavior, they should stop fuckin' doing it.

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

I see nothing that shows him blaming political parties for the attack. He showed how people where taking advantage of this and misleading others. You are being over-simplistic and not listing to the facts.

I see nothing that shows him blaming political parties for the attack. He showed how people where taking advantage of this and misleading others.
    And used that to perpetuate discord. If he'd have left it where it was, it would have stayed there, in its little corner.

And used that to perpetuate discord. If he'd have left it where it was, it would have stayed there, in its little corner.
    "In it's little corner"... all over the mainstream media blaming somebody who had absolutely nothing to do with it (yet again)? Is that how it works? You blame your political opponents knowing damn well they had nothing to do with it, and when we rightly throw it back in your faces *we're* the ones "perpetuating discord"? I don't think so. I'm not the guy who took us there. That was Olberman's doing.

I won't sit down and shut up because you people lack the simple humanity to respect the dead. The guy who did it was a communist Pelosi fanboi BY HIS OWN ADMISSION and if his actions can be blamed on anybody other than himself, it sure as *HELL* ain't Palin.

What little corner? It's all over the news.

I don't see why either party needs to jump on an act of violence and blame the other for causing it. Both Parties are guilty of this, this time it was the Liberals.

What it is, is a tragedy and it is disrespectful to the families that had loved ones die by reducing this to a political debate.

What little corner? It's all over the news.

I don't see why either party needs to jump on an act of violence and blame the other for causing it. Both Parties are guilty of this, this time it was the Liberals.

What it is, is a tragedy and it is disrespectful to the families that had loved ones die by reducing this to a political debate.
    Just to be clear, I do not blame the liberals for this. The guy did it on his own. But I *do* blame the liberals for the fact that this political debate ever had a reason to start. Now is not the time for this, and they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of this in such a callous and calculating way.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Bishop — who was an early target of the angry health care hearings in his Long Island district — told The Associated Press that while he cannot prove it, he believes that virulent political rhetoric contributed to the attack on Giffords.

"There can only be so many times that an unbalanced individual can hear that his president is a socialist and that his Congress is trying to take away his individual liberties before he takes matters into his own hands," Bishop said.
    http://hosted2.ap.org/PAGRE/140fe830...ccb51c1ce0b3b0

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Just to be clear, I do not blame the liberals for this. The guy did it on his own. But I *do* blame the liberals for the fact that this political debate ever had a reason to start. Now is not the time for this, and they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take advantage of this in such a callous and calculating way.
    I'm not blaming the Liberals for the guys actions, I agree he did it on his own. But I hear liberals staying he is one of the "teabaggers" and stuff like that and other false acustations.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Youre right that is an excuse for a shooting spree!!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Youre right that is an excuse for a shooting spree!!
    Yeah, because I'm totally excusing the shooter...

It's just interesting that several months ago Gabrielle Giffords had said publicly that having a map with cross-hairs over her location with the words "We've diagnosed the problem... Help us prescribe the solution" made her feel uncomfortable. I know if my wife or a family member of mine held a public office, and some political figure posted a map like this... I would have a couple choice words for that person.

Yeah, because I'm totally excusing the shooter...

It's just interesting that several months ago Gabrielle Giffords had said publicly that having a map with cross-hairs over her location with the words "We've diagnosed the problem... Help us prescribe the solution" made her feel uncomfortable. I know if my wife or a family member of mine held a public office, and some political figure posted a map like this... I would have a couple choice words for that person.
    WTF would any of that have to do with this? Even assuming for the sake of argument that this guy had a Sarah Palin "fathead" on his bedroom wall, you think that this would've been different if she'd marked that map with puppies or daisies? No. The guy's a nutbag and no rhetoric on either side had anything to do with it. "Crazy" has no politics.

I personally think that more civility in political discourse would be a good thing. Perhaps refraining from exploiting random tragedies to smear your opponents would be a good first step?