Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How slimy can you get??

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Re: How slimy can you get??

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Yeah it's amazing how much that job ages a man.
    Almost like dog years.

That's one reason Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann opposed Hillary--they said they didn't want to watch a woman age in the Oval Office.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Agree. I saw a transcript of O's speech and there was nothing wrong with anything he said.

But I don't like what I heard about the crowd's behavior. It reflects poorly on their parents for not teaching them what's appropriate and inappropriate.
    I know! That really irked me. Were those college kids or something?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Most of them were as it as held at the University of Arizona...which tells you all you need to know about their maturity level. I should know - I work for a major university here in Pittsburgh (not Pitt).

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Most of them were as it as held at the University of Arizona...which tells you all you need to know about their maturity level. I should know - I work for a major university here in Pittsburgh (not Pitt).
    Any chance you can get me a job as a professor of religion/ANE culture? That way, I can go watch the steelers games as well.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    I'm really inclined to give the administration a pass on that one. They have people who specialize in doing rallies, and I think they just reverted to type under stress.
    But the students should really have known better. The family of the victims were right there in the audience, and I think Obama truly wanted it to be about them.
    If it was my daughter who had been murdered, I don't think I could've sat through that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm really inclined to give the administration a pass on that one. They have people who specialize in doing rallies, and I think they just reverted to type under stress.
    But the students should really have known better. The family of the victims were right there in the audience, and I think Obama truly wanted it to be about them.
    If it was my daughter who had been murdered, I don't think I could've sat through that.
    You know, that is a very good point. I didn't watch the speech, nor have I read it. However, I do not carry any animus towards our president, and am glad to hear people stating that this was a very straight forward speech.

Senior Member Array title="Doc_Holiday is an unknown quantity at this point"> Doc_Holiday's Avatar

I admired him for it; far and few things to tip my hat in his direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holiday View Post
    I admired him for it; far and few things to tip my hat in his direction.
    That too, would be my sentiments.

I admired him for allowing the US Navy Seals to take care of the Pirates the way they should be taken care of-- I admired him for reversing course on Iraq, which he did (for a time-until, If I remember right, the military said it was time), and I admired him for another stand he took (late now, can't remember), but he basically took a Reaganesque stand against a country on something which I admired him for.

Can't really say much else in his two years of "leadership" so far.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Almost like dog years.

That's one reason Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann opposed Hillary--they said they didn't want to watch a woman age in the Oval Office.
    Really? That's pretty weak on their part.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."