Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildcard Round:Ravens vs Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Wildcard Round:Ravens vs Chiefs

The winner of this game will be in Pittsburgh!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Wildcard Round:Ravens vs Chiefs

I hope Jamaal Charles averages every inch of his 6.4 yards per carry...
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Go Chiefs

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I just wish the Chiefs won football games without their run game because that will be non existent today so Bowe and Cassel have to step up huge, GO CHIEFS!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I am going to be a huge Chiefs supporter today.

I'd love to see Flacco picked off three times for touchdowns today. The media is all over his jock when IMHO, he hasn't really done anything in the playoffs to deserve it. He should thank his running backs for all the recognition he has gotten for being 3-2 in the playoffs.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Arrowhead WILL be a factor

Flacco's play in the postseason has been bad to say the least, and the chiefs young defense can take advantage of that

while I would love the play the ravens again, I do not want to see our team hurt and injured heading into the championship. But if that's the
    way it is then so be it

May the best team win!
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Doc is an unknown quantity at this point"> Doc's Avatar

I'm guessing Flacco will be handing off and throwing screens to Mr. Rice for most of the game.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm guessing Flacco will be handing off and throwing screens to Mr. Rice for most of the game.
    now come on, that's not a hard prediction to make
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Doc is an unknown quantity at this point"> Doc's Avatar

Lol..no, i mean ALOT.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Teams struggle winning at Arrowhead you can't forget that, it doesn't matter how superior the Rats are over the Chiefs it's anyone's game coming in to KC.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

IMO, I think the Ravens win this game rather easily. But on the other hand, I would not be shocked if they lost. After watching Seattle put 41 points on the defending SB champs (and seeing both of last year's SB teams get booted out of the 2010 post-season), anything is possible.

The Duke, I hate to agree with you, but I must. While Flacco has set new records for a Ravens QB, and is in elite company for being one of a few NFL QB's to throw for over 10K yards combined in their first three seasons, the post-season has not been kind to Joe. This year he needs to show he is capable of winning games in the playoffs, and not merely dink-dunking for 137 yards and maybe one TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    IMO, I think the Ravens win this game rather easily. But on the other hand, I would not be shocked if they lost. After watching Seattle put 41 points on the defending SB champs (and seeing both of last year's SB teams get booted out of the 2010 post-season), anything is possible.

The Duke, I hate to agree with you, but I must. While Flacco has set new records for a Ravens QB, and is in elite company for being one of a few NFL QB's to throw for over 10K yards combined in their first three seasons, the post-season has not been kind to Joe. This year he needs to show he is capable of winning games in the playoffs, and not merely dink-dunking for 137 yards and maybe one TD.
    The difference between the Hawks/Saints game in which the Saints lost and today's game is that the Saints have no defense whatsoever which gave the Seahawks all the offensive room to score 41 points and still only won by 5 where the Chiefs will be playing one of the best D's in the league and won't get much room to run at all or score so I think this one today will be an easy win for the Rats.

- Greg Lloyd

Junior Member Array title="Fordy is an unknown quantity at this point"> Fordy's Avatar

Chiefs have a pretty good defense themselves. Good defense and good running game is a recipe for success in the postseason. A matchup with the Ravens would be very exciting but Im sure we are all Chiefs fans today.
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8374/hinesward.jpg

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Simply the Chiefs will not lose two in a row at home this season.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    IMO, I think the Ravens win this game rather easily.
    I sadly agree
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I suppose the fact that the Chiefs are 7-1 at home, and Flacco has only 1 TD pass in 5 postseason starts provides a little bit of comfort...

The Chiefs never lose 2 in a row at home, so that is also helpful to hear!

- Greg Lloyd

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Let's go KC!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Come on KC do some magic!

- Greg Lloyd

I love berry!

kid's gonna be a star

hopefully he actually picks off flacco today

Damn Almost picked off!

- Greg Lloyd

Well KC looks good against the run, but their secondary is getting burned!

- Greg Lloyd

Damn already in the redzone!

- Greg Lloyd

Chiefs may have a great secondary, but they can't cover the tight end at all!

But then berry makes the saving play on heap

love that kid!

good

Good goal line stop for the Chiefs, 3-0 Rats.

- Greg Lloyd

Great punt

KC did absolutely nothing on offense, they should quit trying to pass and give their run game a chance.

- Greg Lloyd

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

KC has to play better than this.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

The Left Rice Open in the middle dumb!

- Greg Lloyd