Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wild card round:Jets vs Colts

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Re: Wild card round:Jets vs Colts

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    So what? We know the Rats better than anyone and CAN beat them.
    That's not the point. The point is win or lose the Stillers and Rats play hard and there will be sore, injured bodies and I would hate to go to the AFC Championship game after having a tough one against the Rats, where the Chiefs would not beat on us as hard.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    colts defense is really sucks
    ^^^THIS
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Lovely...now we have to count on MARK SANCHEZ to take down the Pats*

:banghead:

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    That's not the point. The point is win or lose the Stillers and Rats play hard and there will be sore, injured bodies and I would hate to go to the AFC Championship game after having a tough one against the Rats, where the Chiefs would not beat on us as hard.
    I'm really hoping for the Chiefs for the EXACT same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    colts defense is really sucks
    They only let up 17 points. You really can't expect to win a playoff game in this day and age putting up less than 17 points.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Go Jets and Go Chiefs -AFC Championship game in Pitt !!!

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Well, it was an exciting game down to literally the last second, though I would have wished for a different outcome. I would rather face Manning here at home and out in the elements than play the Ravens again (and have the Ravens take on NE rather than a team headed by a second year QB who is no Ben Roethlisberger), but it is what it is. If my rooting for a team had any effect, the Steelers be 19-0 every season, wouldn't they?

Hopefully the games today will be as exciting as yesterday's, and have favorable outcomes all around. Go Chiefs! The Seahawks shocked the world yesterday, you do it today!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Is Manning the biggest playoff choke artist ever?

Lost those playoff games to Brady and the Pats.

Lost in divisional round to Steelers when Colts were #1 seed.

Came back to beat Pats in AFC Championship Game a few years ago, and then won the Super Bowl MVP because of the Colt's defense and run game.

Got to Super Bowl last year and threw the game-clinching interception.

Lost in the Wild Card round to the Jets this year.

For all the knob slobbing they do over Peyton Manning, he is a regular season quarterback. All the talk this season about how he makes his receivers better and willed the Colts to wins. But when the Colts needed a TD to basically ice to game last night, he could only lead them to a field goal.

No doubt, Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the sport. By the end of his career he will most likely hold the record for TD passes, pass completions, pass attempts, and consecutive games played (he is on pace to beat Brett Favre's record of 297 in 2015), and quite possibly wins by a QB.

But I just don't think that he's as special as the media makes him out to be. You can't win it all every single year, but with how great he's made out to be....you'd think he would have more than one Super Bowl ring and two appearances.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Amazing how both SuperBowl teams from last year lose on the same day

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ahem, I called it. Manning is the biggest choke artist going back to Tennessee. I also say the Chiefs will beat the Ravens.
    All Defense!

World Champion Array title="Just George is on a distinguished road"> Just George's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    Is Manning the biggest playoff choke artist ever?

Lost those playoff games to Brady and the Pats.

Lost in divisional round to Steelers when Colts were #1 seed.

Came back to beat Pats in AFC Championship Game a few years ago, and then won the Super Bowl MVP because of the Colt's defense and run game.

Got to Super Bowl last year and threw the game-clinching interception.

Lost in the Wild Card round to the Jets this year.

For all the knob slobbing they do over Peyton Manning, he is a regular season quarterback. All the talk this season about how he makes his receivers better and willed the Colts to wins. But when the Colts needed a TD to basically ice to game last night, he could only lead them to a field goal.

No doubt, Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the sport. By the end of his career he will most likely hold the record for TD passes, pass completions, pass attempts, and consecutive games played (he is on pace to beat Brett Favre's record of 297 in 2015), and quite possibly wins by a QB.

But I just don't think that he's as special as the media makes him out to be. You can't win it all every single year, but with how great he's made out to be....you'd think he would have more than one Super Bowl ring and two appearances.
    I don't normally respond to this stuff, but I gotta say last year I heard about how the Steelers dealt with alot of injuries and that had a big impact on them not making it into the post season and they ended up with a 9-7 season. This year the Colts were decimated by injuries, struggled yes, but still managed a 10-6 season. Made it to the playoffs for the 9th straight time

The following is a list of National Football League teams with the most consecutive (active) seasons appearing in the playoffs. This refers to the twelve teams which made the NFL Playoffs by either winning one of the eight divisions or by winning a wildcard spot at the conclusion of the 16 game regular season.
    Note: Super Bowl appearances during streak in parentheses; victories in bold
    1. 9 seasons: Indianapolis Colts (XLI, XLIV)T-
    2. 3 seasons: Baltimore RavensT-
    2. 2 seasons: Philadelphia EaglesT-4. 2 seasons: Green Bay PackersT-4. 2 seasons: New England PatriotsT-4. 2 seasons: New Orleans Saints (XLIV)T-4. 2 seasons: New York JetsT-8.
    1 season: Atlanta FalconsT-8. 1 season: Chicago BearsT-8. 1 season: Kansas City ChiefsT-8. 1 season: Pittsburgh SteelersT-8. 1 season: Seattle Seahawks

the Colts continue to post amazing stats and have done great. Peyton is one of the ALL TIME GREAT quarterbacks (period no qualifiers), and while yes as a fan I was very disappointed in last nights outcome I am very glad he is our QB. I think it is disengenious to imply that the media have hyped him. Hey I would LOVE more superbowls, but there have been many great QB's who never won even once.

I think Ben is amazing, deserving more recognition for his skills, think the Steelers are a great team (and now that Colts are out I hope you dominate the rest of the post season), but just couldn't sit by and not comment.

AS ALWAYS this is only my opinion, but me = right. Colts awesome, Manning awesome

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just George View Post
    I don't normally respond to this stuff, but I gotta say last year I heard about how the Steelers dealt with alot of injuries and that had a big impact on them not making it into the post season and they ended up with a 9-7 season. This year the Colts were decimated by injuries, struggled yes, but still managed a 10-6 season. Made it to the playoffs for the 9th straight time

The following is a list of National Football League teams with the most consecutive (active) seasons appearing in the playoffs. This refers to the twelve teams which made the NFL Playoffs by either winning one of the eight divisions or by winning a wildcard spot at the conclusion of the 16 game regular season.
    Note: Super Bowl appearances during streak in parentheses; victories in bold
    1. 9 seasons: Indianapolis Colts (XLI, XLIV)T-
    2. 3 seasons: Baltimore RavensT-
    2. 2 seasons: Philadelphia EaglesT-4. 2 seasons: Green Bay PackersT-4. 2 seasons: New England PatriotsT-4. 2 seasons: New Orleans Saints (XLIV)T-4. 2 seasons: New York JetsT-8.
    1 season: Atlanta FalconsT-8. 1 season: Chicago BearsT-8. 1 season: Kansas City ChiefsT-8. 1 season: Pittsburgh SteelersT-8. 1 season: Seattle Seahawks

the Colts continue to post amazing stats and have done great. Peyton is one of the ALL TIME GREAT quarterbacks (period no qualifiers), and while yes as a fan I was very disappointed in last nights outcome I am very glad he is our QB. I think it is disengenious to imply that the media have hyped him. Hey I would LOVE more superbowls, but there have been many great QB's who never won even once.

I think Ben is amazing, deserving more recognition for his skills, think the Steelers are a great team (and now that Colts are out I hope you dominate the rest of the post season), but just couldn't sit by and not comment.

AS ALWAYS this is only my opinion, but me = right. Colts awesome, Manning awesome
    I think you just helped prove his point , great regular season QB , hence the 9 seasons of playoffs, playoff choker, hence only two SBs in 9 seasons of having a chance and one being a loss.

BTW, I really like how he showed love for his young WRs during the post game, shows some character in after tough loss.
    Merry Christmas