Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Luck skipping NFL Draft going back to Stanford

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Andrew Luck skipping NFL Draft going back to Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    I didnt realize there is a "supposed to " time frame on college degrees. last time i checked their value is the same no matter when you get it. I doubt after he gets his degree and hes a healthy #1 pick hes gonna agonize over the decision of nfl qb or taking a design job.
    Why can't you just accept the fact that the kid wants to finish school sooner rather than later? I guess you know what's best for other people. My bad.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Why can't you just accept the fact that the kid wants to finish school sooner rather than later? I guess you know what's best for other people. My bad.
    its not a matter of accepting it i just said its a bad decision im not advising andrew luck just giving my opinion on his decsion.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I think he should go too ITT Tech , I just watched the commercial it looks pretty promising. He could also get a job at enterprise rent a car because they have a great corporate structure and give you the tools to be your own boss!!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Honestly, I do not blame him for going back.

First, he enjoys the college life. His family doesn't need him to go pro to bring in money and help support everyone. Even if he were to go pro and come back to earn his degree from Stanford, it wouldn't be the same.

Second, he believes that you go to college to earn your degree. While he can come back and earn it later, it's not always that easy. Classes change, course requirements change. You get out of the habits you need to be in to succeed in college.

Third, he has the chance to win the Heisman Trophy next season and lead Stanford to a BCS Championship. He has the chance to be a legend at Stanford. I feel that is very important to him, and the more power to him.

Fourth, the NFL labor situation is crappy. There will be a rookie wage scale, IMHO. There might not be OTA's, mini camps, or training camp this year. Hell, there might not be a season this year. Not a good year to be entering the National Football League. I doubt he would want to be thrown into the worst team in football this season with no time to learn the offense or work with his team before the season starts if all the preseason is missed.

Fifth, the Carolina Panthers are in disarray. No head coach (and no direction for the offense). No receivers to speak of outside of Steve Smith (who is getting to the final chapters of his career). The defense looked bad last year. The offensive line looked worse. I wouldn't want to be the first overall pick at QB and going to the Panthers.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy