Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Football Quotes

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Great Football Quotes

This idea just came to me. A thread for awesome, inspiring, kick-ass, funny or just plain outrageous quotes from announcers, players, coaches.....even fans. I'll start.

Announcer during the Bucs/Saints game:

"it's not hard to call facemask when your QB gets up looking through his ear hole"

Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Great Football Quotes

"I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring." - Nick Hornby

"Now that I'm retired I want to say that all defensive linemen are sissies" - Dan Fouts

My two personal favorites
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin could fill a whole book for this.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Tomlin could fill a whole book for this.
    separate thread ftw
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    "I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring." - Nick Hornby
    Psst - that would be soccer

All-time favorite: "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

All-time favorite funny: "If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint." -Myron Cope (Miss you, Myron)
    MAR, May 2012

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

"65 Toss Power Trap"

Hank Stram
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Someone else will have the exact quote and source, but I have always been fond of:

How do you feel about the execution of your offense?
    I'm all for it!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    Someone else will have the exact quote and source, but I have always been fond of:

I'm all for it!
    That was coach mckay from the winless Tampa Bay Bucs back when the wore those ugly orange uni's.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

"Give me 16 inches of daylight that's all I need" - Gale Sayers Chicago Bears

His career was way to short.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post

I'm all for it!
    BWAHAHA I was just thinking about that one KF
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys."

Hank Stram
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

"We're only going to score 17 points? Ok Ha ha ha" Tom Brady replying to a prediction by Plexico...before losing the Superbowl and only scoring 17 points.

Way to go Tom Terrific!!!

"Offensive line...who's laughing now"

Ben Roethlisberger

Cowher "Hey! What Happened!"

James Harrison "Shit Happens Coach"

Cowher to an assistant, "Did you hear Silverback? He said to me 'shit happens coach'"

"Stats are for Losers!!!" - The emperor Chaz

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    Cowher "Hey! What Happened!"

James Harrison "Shit Happens Coach"

Cowher to an assistant, "Did you hear Silverback? He said to me 'shit happens coach'"
    LOL When was this!?

Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    LOL When was this!?
    Harrison's rookie year, on a special teams play. I think the highlight is shown on the XL super bowl video but I can't be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    "We're only going to score 17 points? Ok Ha ha ha" Tom Brady replying to a prediction by Plexico...before losing the Superbowl and only scoring 14 points.

Way to go Tom Terrific!!!
    I fixed that for you

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

"Can I kiss you?" - Joe Namath to ESPN's Suzy Kolber

"Can I kiss you?" - Joe Namath to ESPN's Suzy Kolber
    I remember that, I was so embarrassed for the old lush.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

And of course, there's:

"You PLAY to WIN the GAME. Hello??" -Herm Edwards
    MAR, May 2012

"They are who we thought they were"

Dennis Green

"Winning isn't everything, its the only thing"

Vince Lombardi (and others)

"The only way that Miami will beat Florida St. is if they outscore them"

-Beano Cook

"The only way that Miami will beat Florida St. is if they outscore them"

-Beano Cook
    Love the Beano Cook quote! He's great every time I listen to him.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    "Offensive line...who's laughing now"

Ben Roethlisberger
    I think it was " O line... who's laughing now "
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="BigPoppaG is an unknown quantity at this point"> BigPoppaG's Avatar

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    Joe Theismann

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaG View Post
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    Joe Theismann

Why is that funny ? Are you saying Norman Einstein wasn't a genius ?

Stay classy, leftnutz

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Still my favorite.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    I remember that, I was so embarrassed for the old lush.
    Yeah, but most of us were thinking the same thing.