Thread: Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-bowl-berth/

Dolphins owner Ross predicts Super Bowl berth
    Posted by Evan Silva on June 5, 2010 12:39 PM ET
    Dolphins majority owner Stephen Ross spoke at Miami Beach High on Saturday morning, and says he envisions big things for the Fins in 2010.

"I think in February we're going to be playing in the Super Bowl," Ross said. "[Coach Tony Sparano] thinks that, too. So does every player on that team. So I don't think there's any pressure. You just got to go out and do it."

The Dolphins finished last season 7-9, dropping their final three games.

Ross, a Michigan alum, is also high on fellow former Wolverine Chad Henne, who is entering his first full season as a starter.

"Chad has been the greatest quarterback University of Michigan has had," said Ross. "And I'm sure that I'm hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami Dolphins history -- and you know what that will mean."

That would mean Henne having a better career than Dan Marino.

"Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you," Ross continued. "He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten Championship as a true freshman. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

Henne's agents just got plenty of ammo for his next contract.

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar