Thread: Issac Bruce to retire as Ram

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Issac Bruce to retire as Ram

Bruce to retire as Ram after trade

ESPN.com news services

Receiver Isaac Bruce will retire as a member of the St. Louis Rams.

Bruce, who holds every major receiving record in Rams history, was traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Rams on Monday so the receiver could retire with St. Louis.

The 37-year-old Bruce and the Rams will hold a news conference Wednesday to announce his retirement.

Among the Rams marks Bruce holds: most career receptions (942), career receiving yards (14,109) and receiving touchdowns (84). He also leads the Rams in all-time postseason yards with 759 and is the only Rams player with four 100-yard receiving games in the playoffs.

In his 16-year career (14 with St. Louis), Bruce ranks second in receiving yards (15,208), fifth in receptions (1,024) and ninth in touchdowns (91).

He also caught the game-winning 73-yard touchdown reception in Super Bowl XXXIV as the Rams defeated the Tennessee Titans.

A four-time Pro Bowler, Bruce's name had still been listed on the 49ers' roster even though it was all but certain he wouldn't be back for the 2010 season.

Bruce was drafted 33rd overall in 1994 by the Rams when the team was still in Los Angeles. He then spent his final two years in the NFL with the 49ers, appearing in 26 games and making 22 starts. Bruce led San Francisco with 61 catches and 835 yards receiving in 2008.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5261130

One of the best all time. Should end up in Canton someday.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

truly was a great player

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Aw man, he was totally primed for the best year of his career

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

great player great attitude! He will be missed

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I enjoy seeing guys like this being able to retire with their original team. I think that's awesome.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

I really hope he reaches Canton. One of the best, and classiest, of his era. At least has a ring that could help him

Torry Holt's unsigned too right? Maybe he retires too, he looked awfully slow and out of rythm last year

Oh wait, the pats got him
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

A very good player and an alright great guy, hopefully he'll end up in the HOF one day.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Re: Issac Bruce to retire as Ram

What a great player and veteran this league is losing. Happy to see him retiring as a Ram.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Issac Bruce to retire as Ram

Good for him to be able to reitre with his team. I like that practice