Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lakers celtics

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Re: Lakers celtics

Which one of you is this

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

The C's game plan is to play as physical as possible, without flow, resulting in a very low scoring game. They don't hide that fact. One reporter asked Doc about their play. His question included, "...low scoring and mucking up the game?" And Doc agreed saying that's exactly how they want the game to be played. The ref's set a standard of play and the players either adapt and continue, or they disregard the foul calls and cry. (See Rasheed after the game)

Now I do agree that the officiating was horrid for the Finals thus effecting the flow. There were phantom calls and there were fouls uncalled. And, you would never see officials allow the physical play in a college game.

This is the pro's! As a professional player you must handle your emotions and adjust your play. Or you can just cry and claim the ref's are the reason you lost.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerStrength View Post
    Now I do agree that the officiating was horrid for the Finals thus effecting the flow. There were phantom calls and there were fouls uncalled. And, you would never see officials allow the physical play in a college game.
    NBA officiating has been beyond horrible for years now, hence is one of the reasons why I stopped paying much attention to it at all (the other reason being I don't particularly like either of the "faces" of the league at this particular time on a personal level (Bryant and James.)) NFL officiating is awesome compared to the NBA, and NFL officiating sucks hind tit, so what does that say?

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    NBA officiating has been beyond horrible for years now, hence is one of the reasons why I stopped paying much attention to it at all (the other reason being I don't particularly like either of the "faces" of the league at this particular time on a personal level (Bryant and James.)) NFL officiating is awesome compared to the NBA, and NFL officiating sucks hind tit, so what does that say?
    It says that you should definitely "pay attention" to that which you enjoy.

I watch a hockey game once in a while, but I can't say that I really enjoy it. I also choose not to watch much NBA, other than the Lakers or the playoffs.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Yes, yes. The foul count will be swept under the rug because nobody is about to sympathize with Boston fans, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks the flow of play has been corrupted by incessant fouls...
    Just as the pats* cheating was!

Are you a suckhawk fan too. Sounds like it by the whining.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Just as the pats* cheating was!

Are you a suckhawk fan too. Sounds like it by the whining.
    :rolleyes2:

Just wait until the Lakers win again next year. Kobe and Gasol become near untouchable in the 4th quarter.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Generally the officiating in the NBA is pretty good. Its such a quick moving game where the difference between a charge and block can be marginal. The real issue that I have with how fouls are called is when they are based on REPUTATION. Its no secret that the marquee players get allowed to play more and have fewer calls on them than the lesser known players.

A foul should be a foul, no matter who you are......but that doesnt happen in the NBA and to me it tarnishes the game because the playing field is not level.

Again, congrats Laker fans, now hopefully the flames are out and the looting has ceased.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    :rolleyes2:

Just wait until the Lakers win again next year. Kobe and Gasol become near untouchable in the 4th quarter.
    I normally dont complain about officiating and thought for the most part it was decent last night. But 2 series stood out in my mind.

1. Kobe knocks down Rondo with a moving screen and then in transition, Rondo crosses over in the lane and Garnett is called for a moving screen on the break........that the announcers didnt think was a foul.

2. Gasol shoots a turn around fade and scores with Davis looking to touch his arm slightly, well after the shot was gone and the foul is called, but when Garnett dunks in the 4th on a pass from Sheed and Odom is all over him on the dunk....he doesnt get the "and one".

It seemed a bit tilted last night, but its all irrelevant if Ray Allen just makes half his shots.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Come on The Patriot, we all know bad calls go both ways, the refs were very forgiving in Boston too, KG moves in screens all the time, PP sometimes makes fouls on defenders to find shooting space (just ask Ron Artest).

its all irrelevant if Ray Allen just makes half his shots.
    Right on El Gonzo, if the guy had scored some more, the parade would be in Boston.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGhost View Post
    Come on The Patriot, we all know bad calls go both ways, the refs were very forgiving in Boston too, KG moves in screens all the time, PP sometimes makes fouls on defenders to find shooting space (just ask Ron Artest).

Right on El Gonzo, if the guy had scored some more, the parade would be in Boston.
    Yep, you're 100% right.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

So are you It is what it is

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

it was a damn good series but not as epic as the 7 games and the really close final game would suggest. with the lack of rebounds in all but one game, the celtics coulda easilly been done in 5.

while ray allen is one of my long time favorite players it pains me to say i have probably never seen no player go as ice cold as he did in a single series.

i think gasol was the difference but understand why kobe was given the token MVP award. w/o gasol, the lakers probably lose in 5. w/o kobe the lakers are the vancouver grizzlies.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Lake show!!!