Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lakers celtics

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Lakers celtics

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerStrength View Post
    Anyone think that Doc's complaining of the officiating, and sending a detailed video, will have any impact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=5268744

He's one of the best coaches in the league, and very likeable.
    I honestly dont think Doc Rivers is that good of a coach. He's a good motivator, but not really an X and O guy, or a guy that situationally coaches well.

Look at the Orlando OT loss in the last series where the C's get the ball with around 12 seconds left in the game, tied and they get no look and goto OT. The obvious thing to do is call TO and run a play to get a good shot, but instead they goto OT and lose.

Before Ray Allen, Garnett, Eddie House and James Posey showed up, Doc had those guys playing like the junior varsity. Essentially Ainge brought in vets that could play and Doc managed how they would work together and let them do their thing. Good manager of people that needs a solid X and O guy as his assistant....ie. Coach Tib, who is gone next year.

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Here's an excerpt from a J. A. Adnande article where Phil Jackson basically tells the Suns the should stay out of politics (by wearing Los Suns jerseys on Cinco de mayo) but Phil himself openly campaigned for Bill Bradley for president. Do what Philip says, not what he does......arrogance IMO.

Then he mildly scolded the Suns.

“I don’t think teams should get involved in the political stuff. And I think this one’s still kind of coming out to balance as to how it’s going to be favorably looked upon by our public. If I heard it right the American people are really for stronger immigration laws, if I’m not mistaken. Where we stand as basketball teams, we should let that kind of play out and let the political end of that go where it’s going to go.”

That was surprising to hear coming from a man who not only supported Bill Bradley for the Democratic presidential nomination, he wore a Bradley campaign pin on his suit during games. Jackson reminded me that the NBA made him stop wearing it. And apparently that was the end of his political proclamations…although he did take one parting shot.

“I kind of wish [Bradley] would have been the president,” Jackson said. “After all was said and done, that [George W. Bush] situation.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...cs-in-the-past
    Sounds quite hypocritical of PJ to me! Not sure of the level of arrogance. And, in consideration of PJ and Bradley being team mates on the Knicks (including a championship) one could easily understand campaigning for a great friend. Again, quite hypocritical of PJ.

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

I honestly dont think Doc Rivers is that good of a coach. He's a good motivator, but not really an X and O guy, or a guy that situationally coaches well.

Look at the Orlando OT loss in the last series where the C's get the ball with around 12 seconds left in the game, tied and they get no look and goto OT. The obvious thing to do is call TO and run a play to get a good shot, but instead they goto OT and lose.

Before Ray Allen, Garnett, Eddie House and James Posey showed up, Doc had those guys playing like the junior varsity. Essentially Ainge brought in vets that could play and Doc managed how they would work together and let them do their thing. Good manager of people that needs a solid X and O guy as his assistant....ie. Coach Tib, who is gone next year.
    In comparison with the rest of the league, I think Doc prepares his guys well. I also see it as talent, when you successfully surround yourself with the best coaches, in areas of need, recognizing your own strengths as well as theirs.

Too bad that Doc is losing a good coach who completes the winning team.

Thanks for the insight!

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

aint nothing better than a "must win" game (unless the celtics just flop, of course).

i hope the refs dont suck but thats asking for a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    aint nothing better than a "must win" game (unless the celtics just flop, of course).

i hope the refs dont suck but thats asking for a bit much.
    It's almost timeT! See you after the game! (Probably waay after!)

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

i dont know what it is with the celtics. can they NOT rebound, or do they simply not want to?

anyone see paul pierce cold cocked a ref in the jaw (on accident)?

possibly the funniest thing i have ever seen on the court.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Tight game at the end of the third.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the fourth.

Go Celtics!

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

The celts got most of lucky the bounces tonight. Refs still suck on both sides.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i dont know about "lucky bounces" but it was the first time this series they had A bounce go their way.

and for the first time this series they actually played like they wanted it more. (i almost consider the game 2 victory a fluke).

i still counted about 5 easy baskets they simply flubbed. im about sick of yelling at davis or perkins to dunk. its pretty obvious they cant.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

They got lucky and beat the best and hottest team tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Big Baby was a monster in the paint! Lakers have to put in Josh Powell cause Gasol can't handle him. Nice win by the C's!

The announcers crack me up! They usually tell us how the Celtic's are only down by 5... Rather than the Laker's are up by 5. And, they were speaking to the incredible defense played by Tony Allen. Yeah, he held Kobe to 33 tonight. When Kobe misses it has nothing to do with the defense.

baby davis in the post game interview says he felt he couldnt be denied, and really had to buck up after missing the 2 easy early layups (that had me wanting to punch the tv).

phil zen will definitely use these comments to "motivate" the team for game 5.

*eagerly awaiting kobe's "facepalm" PGI*

d can

seriously... how bad can one persons face and ear itch that they have to scratch it the entire time during every single press conference?

youre a rich man kobe. invest in some.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    The celts got most of lucky the bounces tonight. Refs still suck on both sides.
    I dont know if they got the lucky bounces. How many layups can Rondo miss and how many open 15 footers can KG clang and still win?? The bench earned the W in the 4th.

I still agree the refs sucked. Pierce charged at the end on Kobe, but a block is called and Sheed gets called for a foul because Gasol cant stand..........both terrible calls. More refs should have got punched.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

I'm smiling.

Boston has this one in the bag, and will just need to win one of the next two in LA.

Lakers suck.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    I'm smiling.

Boston has this one in the bag, and will just need to win one of the next two in LA.

Lakers suck.
    Hold on a sec now its not over at all.

Edit: it might be now lol
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Kobe is in desperate need of help. Bynum just can't at this point. Gasol didn't pull his head out of his rear until it was too late. Fisher had trouble dropping anything into the net, and Odom still plays too soft to mount any offensive.

Not really a fan of either team, but dislike the Lakers more than the Celtics. I think the Celtics have a better chance with the depth of their bench.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

[QUOTE=Steelman;12473]Kobe is in desperate need of help. Bynum just can't at this point. Gasol didn't pull his head out of his rear until it was too late. Fisher had trouble dropping anything into the net, and Odom still plays too soft to mount any offensive.[QUOTE]

Exactly, Kobe can only carry the Lakers so far against the Celtics. He played unbelievably well in the thrid quater but a team is almost always in trouble when only one player scores for about 11 minuets. The benches have been the difference atleast in games 4 and 5. Doc has enough faith in his to have them start the fourth quater both when they are protecting the lead and trying to get the lead. The play of the benches and players stepping up are deciding this series.

I dont know. Philip hasnt lost a series that his team won the first game in. I still think the Lakers are in the drivers seat, statistically.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

I dont know. Philip hasnt lost a series that his team won the first game in. I still think the Lakers are in the drivers seat, statistically.
    It hurts to admit it as a Lakers Fan but I think the Zen Master's statistic is in jeopardy now, even if they won the 3rd. game, the Lake Show is in great danger to lose in seven

I will keep the faith until the fat lady sings though

I think their in big trouble. The celts have done a good job at shutting down everyone, even kobe.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think their in big trouble. The celts have done a good job at shutting down everyone, even kobe.
    Don't lose faith! Here are Kobe's stats for each round of the playoffs. For the Finals, 30.2 pts per game, 6 boards and 4.4 dimes aint bad. However, it is the 42.5% FG, and 4.2 TO's that I'm most concerned with. Home cooking has been great for the Lakers. Another perspective is that everyone has held home court, 2 in LA and 3 in Boston.

Playoffs Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    First Round LAL 6 6 36.8 0.408 0.429 0.721 0.7 3.3 4.0 4.3 1.3 0.2 3.5 3.8 23.5
    Conf. Semifinals LAL 4 4 41.0 0.523 0.250 0.868 0.0 3.8 3.8 5.8 0.8 0.8 4.0 3.0 32.0
    Conf. Finals LAL 6 6 41.5 0.521 0.432 0.881 1.7 5.5 7.2 8.3 0.8 1.2 2.5 2.2 33.7
    Finals LAL 5 5 40.8 0.425 0.378 0.921 1.0 5.0 6.0 4.4 2.0 1.0 4.2 4.2 30.2
    Playoff Averages LAL 21 21 39.9 0.468 0.397 0.845 0.9 4.4 5.3 5.8 1.2 0.8 3.5 3.3 29.6

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Hey Mach1, I respect your opinion but I beg to differ, I would not say the green are "shutting down Kobe" 30.2 points per game is not bad for him taking in count he's playing hurt IMHO, they are trying to control him The Allens are doing a nice job defending him, no doubt about it.

Of course he needs some help, Pau, Derek and Lamar need to play better, specially with Andrew injured. And Ron needs to play A LOT better, we need him to score some more points.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGhost View Post
    Hey Mach1, I respect your opinion but I beg to differ, I would not say the green are "shutting down Kobe" 30.2 points per game is not bad for him taking in count he's playing hurt IMHO, they are trying to control him The Allens are doing a nice job defending him, no doubt about it.

Of course he needs some help, Pau, Derek and Lamar need to play better, specially with Andrew injured. And Ron needs to play A LOT better, we need him to score some more points.
    They all need to play better, no doubt. Every time ron dribbles the ball my butt puckers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Sheed better watch himself, if this thing goes seven Boston is gonna need him. I hope Boston pulls it out tonight, I hate the lakers. I'm not a big Boston fan either so it wouldn't bother me too much if they lost tonite...game 7s are always fun to watch

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Boston in trouble... Perkins hurt, other bigs in foul trouble, Lakers hot, and as always Sheed is making a fool of himself

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

The NBA is so predictable. No way the NBA wasn't going to let this go 7 games. But don't fear, the Celtics will make a run to make the game close, but the Lakers will pull it out.

It's the same story all the time with the NBA..."Showtime"....but that's all it is. The league is a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Sheed better watch himself, if this thing goes seven Boston is gonna need him. I hope Boston pulls it out tonight, I hate the lakers. I'm not a big Boston fan either so it wouldn't bother me too much if they lost tonite...game 7s are always fun to watch
    I hate the Lakers too, but actually wanted them to win tonight because I agree - game 7's are fun.

Just hope it's not another clunker like tonights game was.

And Perkins might not be able to play next game, so I'd take Wallace out now before he gets that technical that would suspend his ass. The guy is an idiot who can't control himself.

That's it. Game 7 in LA without Perkins.........the C's are done and Philip will keep his stats in tact. Looking forward to Phil wearing another cheezy roman numeral hat in a couple days for self promotion.

Who could imagine that the C's would play a finals game without a spine? Even Doc said, in his post game interview, that he was already thinking about game seven about half way through the third quarter.

On the other side, Shannon Brown was flyin'!!! That oops was sick! Kobe 26, 11 boards and 4 steals, Pau almost a triple double, Lakers came to play. And their D, suffocating and just daring Rondo to shoot.

I sure hope game seven is one for the history books, regarding execution and heart!