Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers celtics

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I still think the celtics can manage to win two games, and as much as I hate the lakers, I'm sticking with my original prediction...lakers in 6.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Im not a fan of either team, but just watching both teams play this year in the playoffs and the little bit i saw tonight, i would say the lakers are in good shape. Just my opinion but i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers can beat the celtics in 5....im going to say 6 tho
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Paul Pierce weak? take a look at this...... http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_93457196/

He is not "weak" at all...you can think what you want about him, but if he were weak i dont see him bouncing back from something like that the way he did.
    Recovering from being stabbed says nothing of one's strength, in my opinion. I've been stabbed twice, once in the face, but it never stopped me from winning the Nationals or the World Championships.

I'm speaking specifically about his reaction to minor injuries, faking in my opinion, on the court, being carted off in a wheel chair, then returning to the game as if nothing ever happened. That is weak. Nothing personal, we just measure strength & weakness on a different scale.

And, I think Pierce is a great basketball player, especially that step-back J!

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerStrength View Post
    Recovering from being stabbed says nothing of one's strength, in my opinion. I've been stabbed twice, once in the face, but it never stopped me from winning the Nationals or the World Championships.

I'm speaking specifically about his reaction to minor injuries, faking in my opinion, on the court, being carted off in a wheel chair, then returning to the game as if nothing ever happened. That is weak. Nothing personal, we just measure strength & weakness on a different scale.

And, I think Pierce is a great basketball player, especially that step-back J!
    Well that stuff is true and i get what your saying. Even though some of his responses to the injuries (like being carted off in a wheel chair for a shoulder injury..lol) is questionable... thats not being weak IMO some people just respond differently to pain and at first their first response is a little over board and once they realize "oh this isnt too bad" it makes them look stupid when they are able to play again. So i get what your saying but as long as he does come back i dont consider him "weak".
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Lakers in 6 ..... or even 5, but Pau Gasol needs to be consistent guarding Garnett which he did last night.....and Artest can win that annoying battle with Pierce.

Needless to say I'm a Lakers fan

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Good to see the Celtics win tonight and even up the series.

Not much of a basketball fan, but I'm a sports junkie so I'm hoping it's a long series.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

nice beat down delivered by the celtics. actually they stole the game and stole home court advantage. they were horrible under the net both with easy shots and rebounds. their height disadvantage really showed, but congrats to ray allen and his record setting 8 three pointers (starting 7-7 in the 1st half it looked like he was gonna shatter it).

i like that they weathered the storm when they gave up an early 14 point lead. van gundy noted he liked that the lakers kept fighting and didnt give up with a minute to go, when game seemed in the bag. thats championship calibur BB i guess. im definitely impressed with gasol. celts have nobody to stop him and it seemed that every 1 of his shots was hitting the bottom of the net.

sure seems like this series will go the full 7.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

It's going to be a good series. I don't think Ray will have another night like he did tonight, at least I hope not.
    The lakers didn't get to the finals by lequiting.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

It took some real questionable calls by the refs on the black mamba and ray allen playing out of his mind to win. The lake show is not worried at all.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

not the questionable calls excuse.

the refs sucked balls tonight... on both sides.

i certainly hope the lake show isnt concerned. easier for the series to slip away from them.

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Sometimes I don't understand why the Lakers make really bad plays in the last 4 minutes when they have all the tools to win I hope they can win one in Boston. Now I can't expect they win in 5, but in six can be reasonable

the biggest 'tool' is kobe bryant.

i swear i dont think i cand stand him palm hugging/stroking his face in another post game interview. not even tom brady does that crap.

Strength is Voluntary! Array title="SteelerStrength is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    not the questionable calls excuse.

the refs sucked balls tonight... on both sides.

i certainly hope the lake show isnt concerned. easier for the series to slip away from them.
    The officials made numerous bad calls on both ends of the court. It's too bad that they decided to inflict their will, rather than allow the players to play, and the viewing audience to enjoy basketball. They basically took Garnett & Kobe out of the game. (I hope they watch some video) Even that out-of-bounds call that they replayed showed the ball tipped out by Garnett, with Gasol's hand behind his, and the ref's called it Celtics ball.

Celtics deserved the win! Ray Allen was just sick! And Rondo impressed by hitting the open J, crashing the boards, and dishing for wide open looks that the Laker's always leave open with their slow rotation.

I hope the Lakers can get it together, quickly!

i swear i dont think i cand stand him palm hugging/stroking his face in another post game interview. not even tom brady does that crap.
    Maybe he does this to piss you off.

Sorry T, just couldn't resist.

Remember how either Stockton or Hornicek used to stroke each side of his face, while at the free throw line, sending a message to his kids. I thought that was cool!

As long as he helps the team win championships I can live with that ....
    Last edited by SteelGhost; 06-07-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerStrength View Post
    The officials made numerous bad calls on both ends of the court. It's too bad that they decided to inflict their will, rather than allow the players to play, and the viewing audience to enjoy basketball. They basically took Garnett & Kobe out of the game. (I hope they watch some video) Even that out-of-bounds call that they replayed showed the ball tipped out by Garnett, with Gasol's hand behind his, and the ref's called it Celtics ball.

Celtics deserved the win! Ray Allen was just sick! And Rondo impressed by hitting the open J, crashing the boards, and dishing for wide open looks that the Laker's always leave open with their slow rotation.

I hope the Lakers can get it together, quickly!
    Well said SS, I hope they win tomorrow

Re: Lakers celtics

Damn, tonight's game is huge! I have to miss at least the first quarter, so I'll have to tivo. Hope the ref's swallow their whistle's!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Why is it that Laker fans only think calls were questionable when they lose??

I never saw one Celtic fan complaining about Pierce getting called for palming the ball in game 1, despite the fact that Kobe does it all the time. Funny how Phil Jackson accuses Steve Nash of palming, Kobe is all steely focused in the face of Chris Rock when winning.........but when they lose a game he suddenly gets grumpy that there is all this focus on where LeBron James is going???

I'll admitt that KG is over the top emotionally, but Kobe Bryant is just so much more of a prima donna than M. J. ever was. Hope my Celts can pull it out on home court despite the Big 3 having their Gatorade replaced with Geritol.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Can't stand the Lakers, hope Boston wins.

Plus, it's nice to not have the two sports' finals on the same night and time.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

doesn't look like those Celtics can handle those Lakers

Lakers up by 12 at half.

Suckage so far.

amazing the celtics have been able to tie this game up in the 4th.

lakers getting way too many 2nd chance points and opportunities. not only are the celtss struggling to get a defensive board, it seems they cant get an offensive rebound to save their lives.

they cant do nothing inside the paint, and only davis seems to have an iota of success driving it to the hole. i dont know if i can handle seeing garnett miss any more baskets from 2 feet away. its like hes going up against 2 shaqs.

Yep, now we have a game.

Shit, Allen looks to be injured.

Wasn't he the one that broke the record last game for 3-pointers?

So don't want Kobe - yuck - winning this one.

Wow ! What a game ! Glad to know the Lake Show won in Boston.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Just for you tony.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/YLExr0B-FQS91zaCLCoRX7WP8VjI8W3kXOhDRCU4VhgWRzLAkJel8eWERH sUfqBtdo*XYJabeo6S0*rR3cdkVNPy04KXVZL5/kobebryant_complex.jpg[/IMG]

2 down 2 to go.

hmmm.....pic doesn't seem to work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Lake Show baby!! Quick Tony watch the post game press conference!

fuck that. im done watching wtf he has to say. im switching the chanel when he comes on with his cock eating smirk.

with that being said, the celtics didnt deserve to win, and i was a bit suprised it was that close. i can count atleast 20 plays where the celtice were either out talled, out hustled, out "bounce of the balled" or flat out missed easy shots under the bucket.

its a bit disheartening to see sheed and garnett constantly have position and leaping for their lives as a rebound bounces into the hands of gasol or bynum just standing their flat on their feet.

and when you got gasol, kobe, odom, artest, and derick fisher is the one looking like m. jordan in the 4th, you got problems.

i still think this will be a 7 game series, because both teams are champions and know how to fight. i just think the lakers win that last one at home.

celts have to be on fire from outside to be able to outsheme their lack of an answer for the lakers bigs. just cant count on that for 7 games. ray allen proved that tonight.

He skurds me.