Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Re: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

When you blitz him, he's done

Giants showed it all the way back in 08. I just wonder why teams don't try it more often....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

Giants showed it all the way back in 08. I just wonder why teams don't try it more often....
    Not to nitpick, but the Giants hardly blitzed Brady at all and either did the Jets yesterday. They got pressure rushing four and dropping 7 into coverage. Then, by bring more rushers sporadically to confuse the metro-sexual one. In fact, that is the biggest difference between yesterday's game and the last time the Jets played the Pats. The game where the Pats put 45 on the Jets D Ryan employed a heavy blitz scheme and Brady burned them. Pressure is key, but the Jets were effective because Brady had no place to throw the ball.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Not to nitpick, but the Giants hardly blitzed Brady at all and either did the Jets yesterday. They got pressure rushing four and dropping 7 into coverage. Then, by bring more rushers sporadically to confuse the metro-sexual one. In fact, that is the biggest difference between yesterday's game and the last time the Jets played the Pats. The game where the Pats put 45 on the Jets D Ryan employed a heavy blitz scheme and Brady burned them. Pressure is key, but the Jets were effective because Brady had no place to throw the ball.
    True, there were really not many blitzes yesterday when I think about it. Just plain "in your face" pressure
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The Giants rushed him up the middle. Justin Tuck was in his face all day. Giants/Jets had 5 sacks. It wasn't blitzing but constant pressure. Same w/the Jets. If you get in his face, it throws him off and he starts crying Plex proved prophetic with his they will only score 17 pts and Marsha laughing it off. Keep laughing Marsha, keep laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Last edited by tube517; 01-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Brady's legacy will be super bowl wins and there were good teams around him. I still say that I think Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino were better QB's. They just had than intangible "it" factor as well as all the skills.

I'd even go as far as saying that Terry Bradshaw was a better QB as Brady, but Brady probably a more accurate passer, while Bradshaw had the big arm and the deep threat receivers.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

Pressure is what does it, however it gets there. Brady *hates* getting hit. Some guys like Ben, Vick, and Rogers can deal with it. Guys like Peyton and Marcia start getting fidgety. Peyton starts barking at his line and disrupting the team. Brady starts looking like he's got Turrets. Flacco looses his brain.

Plus, you've got to chip the receivers to disrupt timing. Brady is insanely accurate and he killed teams all season by throwing to spots. I think defensive coordinators were sandbagging the Patriots this season, not wanting to show their cards until the playoffs. Everyone *knew* how to stop them in the regular season, but only the Packers tried it (from the games I saw) and they almost won with a backup.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Press Man Coverage on Brady's options coming out of the backfield. Press the Recievers, and Brady gets fidgety and frustrated. The Jets smartly tried that yesterday and it worked. Brady was holding on to the ball longer and he was out of rhythm. As we all witnessed yesterday. He's no Ben Roethlisberger. Ben has been playing this kind of game all his career. Guys in his face every down, throwing on the run, extending plays. That's not Metrosexual's game. Metrosexual wants a nice big pocket to throw out of every down. He HATES Pressure. Get the slightest pressure on the dude and he starts to wilt.

The Patriots were used to blowing out teams and having comfortable leads all season, the Jets locked them into a battle of atrition, and New England doesn't know to play that game.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Pressure is what does it, however it gets there. Brady *hates* getting hit. Some guys like Ben, Vick, and Rogers can deal with it. Guys like Peyton and Marcia start getting fidgety. Peyton starts barking at his line and disrupting the team. Brady starts looking like he's got Turrets. Flacco looses his brain.

Plus, you've got to chip the receivers to disrupt timing. Brady is insanely accurate and he killed teams all season by throwing to spots. I think defensive coordinators were sandbagging the Patriots this season, not wanting to show their cards until the playoffs. Everyone *knew* how to stop them in the regular season, but only the Packers tried it (from the games I saw) and they almost won with a backup.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    LOl where is his dress

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

This can't be fucking serious.

When he was finished addressing the media at the stadium, Brady was seen sobbing on the shoulder of teammate Wes Welker, his leading wide receiver. So it was no surprise to hear that he did not sleep well Sunday night.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/17/t...ock-on-monday/

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    This can't be fucking serious.

What IS SERIOUS is that Beliprick*, Ass Chin, Welcher and the Pats* will be watching the AFCC from their living room sofas. Sorry, TP - can't help but want to raz you a little.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    What IS SERIOUS is that Beliprick*, Ass Chin, Welcher and the Pats* will be watching the AFCC from their living room sofas. Sorry, TP - can't help but want to raz you a little.
    Beware of the Jets, HTG. They could be destiny's darlings, even with Sanchez.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Rock Groupie Array title="GutterflowerSteel is a glorious beacon of light"> GutterflowerSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    LMAAAO - nice hooker boots. They're so shiny and red LOL

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Patriots* suck and Tom Brady* is gay.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Press Man Coverage on Brady's options coming out of the backfield. Press the Recievers, and Brady gets fidgety and frustrated. The Jets smartly tried that yesterday and it worked. Brady was holding on to the ball longer and he was out of rhythm. As we all witnessed yesterday. He's no Ben Roethlisberger. Ben has been playing this kind of game all his career. Guys in his face every down, throwing on the run, extending plays. That's not Metrosexual's game. Metrosexual wants a nice big pocket to throw out of every down. He HATES Pressure. Get the slightest pressure on the dude and he starts to wilt.

The Patriots were used to blowing out teams and having comfortable leads all season, the Jets locked them into a battle of atrition, and New England doesn't know to play that game.
    exactly!!
    Merry Christmas

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar