Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

The guys is an absolute winner and machine. 252 career TD's vs 103 Int's.

Admittedly, I fear the Steelers playing him again in the playoffs. He's that good. It's ridiculous how he has humuliated 3 very solid defenses in recent weeks...Steelers, Jets, and Bears..and 2 of them in away stadiums.

Their offense runs in a way that I would love to see our offense run. Efficient and nearly flawless. They take what they are given plain and simple.

Maddening!!

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Re: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

yep, he's pretty good.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

i hate how good he and his team are. i can only hope that someone else knocks them out of the playoffs because unfortunately we cannot beat them

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    i hate how good he and his team are. i can only hope that someone else knocks them out of the playoffs because unfortunately we cannot beat them
    this

too bad the broncos won't be in the playoffs. They always find a way to beat them

Just hope if we do see him in the playoffs lebeau actually TRIES to blitz him
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Unless the Steelers can solve their Red Zone difficulties, the Patriots will destroy the Steelers. They score touchdowns, we score FG's.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

i can only hope that someone else knocks them out of the playoffs because unfortunately we cannot beat them
    If our players are walking around with this kind of defeatist attitude, they may as well just lose out and not even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    The guys is an absolute winner and machine. 252 career TD's vs 103 Int's.
    Hmmmm...Makes ya wonder what Montana could have done if he had someone feeding stolen signals into his ear mike for seven years, doesnt it?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Hmmmm...Makes ya wonder what Montana could have done if he had someone feeding stolen signals into his ear mike for seven years, doesnt it?
    What about 2007, 2009, and this year. He's playing better since the cheating has stopped.
    Last edited by LLT; 12-13-2010 at 12:32 PM.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

What about 2007, 2009, and this year. He's playing better since the cheating has stopped.
    Makes me wonder what Der Kommish is sweeping under the rug once again?

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Senior Member Array title="Akagi is an unknown quantity at this point">

He's great because he plays smart and doesn't get impatient, not because he's such a great talent. And it doesn't hurt that his coach has them ready to play each week, with a great game plan.

Of course the Steelers can beat the Patriots. We have to be on top of our game, but all we have to do is win more than half the matchups over one afternoon. We can do that.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

He's a great QB, no doubt, but he hasn't won anything since the 2004 season. Let's not hand him the Lombardi trophy just yet. I'm not saying they are not the favorites but that's why they play the game.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

He is great and playing his best ball right now which is scary. This Patriots team has an inexperienced D, but their offense puts up 30+ points in the last 5 games and that doesn't really matter. I am worried about the Pats because they just keep bringing it each week and seems to be the only team right now stopping us from the SB. I hope Lebeau has a master plan for them because if our D can't stop them again no one can.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

yeah, I think we can.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He's a great QB, no doubt, but he hasn't won anything since the 2004 season. Let's not hand him the Lombardi trophy just yet. I'm not saying they are not the favorites but that's why they play the game.
    ^this........and THANK YOU for not being a doubter.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Stay classy, leftnutz

He is a very good quarterback that needed the cheating to get him over the hump.

They got caught in 2007...how many playoff games did the Patriots win in 2008 and 2009?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

He is a very good quarterback that needed the cheating to get him over the hump.

They got caught in 2007...how many playoff games did the Patriots win in 2008 and 2009?
    If the Steelers had the Patriots efficiency on offense over the past decade, this team would have 8 Lombardi's. Brady is a big part of their efficiency.

He didn't play but one QTR in 2008. Last year, they had a bad matchup in the first round for them. For some reason, the Ravens cause him problems, but the Steelers don't.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

In order to be "The Best" you have to beat "The Best".

Nobody thought we could beat Indy back in '05 but look what happened. The team has to play one play at a time and not get down when we are behind. Don't panic and keep your focus. Much easier said than done but if there is a team out there that has that type of experience it is none other than My Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

I aint scared!!!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I think after yesterday's performance , he cemented the MVP .

If the Steelers had the Patriots efficiency on offense over the past decade, this team would have 8 Lombardi's. Brady is a big part of their efficiency.
    If the Patriots hadnt cheated.....We WOULD have 8 Lombardies. And If the Bengals had stolen signals like the Patriots.....This discussion would be about the effeciency of Carson Palmer.

-- Jack Lambert --

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

Whoa wait a minute. Of course he is a great player, but whats with people saying we can't beat him or anything?

I'm sure we would be the underdog in the match up, but we faced em once, I'd rather lose the first match up if it meant the players would be pissed off and go out and play harder to beat em in the post season. Any given sunday folks, also lets wait til we actually play them in the post season before we worry about who we face.

If the Patriots hadnt cheated.....We WOULD have 8 Lombardies. And If the Bengals had stolen signals like the Patriots.....This discussion would be about the effeciency of Carson Palmer.

Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

No such thing as can't.

I'm not saying it's likely, but don't rule it out either.

A lot of things played against the Steelers last time, injuries going in, coming off a short week, in game early injuries ( Ward). I don't think the Steelers were near as mismatched as they made it look that night. I still think their defense is vulnerable, and if you can play uptempo right from the start offensively, you can take the game to them to some degree.

Besides what could possibly be better than winning an AFC championship at Gillete? They beat us at Heinz a couple times, this could be the greatest payback ever!!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Nah. I'd rather it be the Steelers that knock 'em off. I think we can. Plus, do you really wanna listen to "well, yeah, but, ya didn't have to face the Patriots in the playoffs"
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Nah. I'd rather it be the Steelers that knock 'em off. I think we can. Plus, do you really wanna listen to "well, yeah, but, ya didn't have to face the Patriots in the playoffs"
    As long as we win the Super Bowl, I doesn't matter to me if we didn't face them or not.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

sorry guys and i know i am taking a lot of heat for my comments. i honestly believe that we cannot beat them. i believe it starts with our o-line or lack there of. believe me it makes me sick to fear the patriots but lets face it they own us.i hope we can beat them and there is no one that will be pulling for the steelers harder than me. i just have my concerns.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

sorry guys and i know i am taking a lot of heat for my comments. i honestly believe that we cannot beat them. i believe it starts with our o-line or lack there of. believe me it makes me sick to fear the patriots but lets face it they own us.i hope we can beat them and there is no one that will be pulling for the steelers harder than me. i just have my concerns.
    The Steelers have given no reason at all to show that they don't own the Steelers.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I hate the Patriots and I hate Brady, but they run that team well and Brady is one of the best quarterbacks I have ever watched.

I hope we break him in half in the playoffs though on our Stairway to Seven!

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Brady is a *****, but he's a damn good QB who bends us over and ***** us every time we play him. Damn straight we hate him. Can't deny that. They're looking 2007 unstoppable, and they already made an example of the Steelers. That example is that we don't belong on the field with them. That 39-26 score was VERY misleading and was just a futile attempt by the Steelers to make a blowout look respectable. We were schooled something terrible. Teams may beat Pittsburgh in close wins, but here we were destroyed effortlessly in no time at all. The game was over by halftime.

That said, if we run into NE again, tough shit. We're going to have to play them, even if another gutwrenching loss looks inevitable. If the Steelers players walk into a game with that kind of attitude, then they have no business being in the playoffs to begin with.

I'll worry about New England when the time comes, until then, the Steelers just have to focus on what THEY need to do to succeed as a team. Forget what the Pats are doing, worry about us at the moment.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Our best shot is for the Ratbirds to take out the Pats* then come to Heinz Field for the AFC Championship Game.

With how beat up we are in the trenches it'll be a miracle to make it to the Super Bowl. But as long as the Pats* don't win I'll be happy.