Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Re: I know we hate Brady...but he's the best QB I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    The guys is an absolute winner and machine. 252 career TD's vs 103 Int's.

Admittedly, I fear the Steelers playing him again in the playoffs. He's that good. It's ridiculous how he has humuliated 3 very solid defenses in recent weeks...Steelers, Jets, and Bears..and 2 of them in away stadiums.

Their offense runs in a way that I would love to see our offense run. Efficient and nearly flawless. They take what they are given plain and simple.

Maddening!!
    Who cares. Tom Brady is gay and is growing his hair long like Marcia (or is that Marsha?)
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    If the Patriots hadnt cheated.....We WOULD have 8 Lombardies. And If the Bengals had stolen signals like the Patriots.....This discussion would be about the effeciency of Carson Palmer.

BEST POST ON THIS THREAD!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have to admit the Pats are the best team right now

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

What about 2007, 2009, and this year. He's playing better since the cheating has stopped.
    Yeah he has, but tell me BF...

Since Brady has elevated his game and started racking up the yardage and scoring Post-2005, how many Super Bowl Titles has he won? Tom Brady for all of his dominance as a passer in the latter part of the decade, has had to watch the Colts, Saints, Giants, and Steelers(twice) take home the hardware. The last time he reached the big stage he folded like a cheap lawn chair in one of the biggest SB upsets ever to a Wildcard Giants team that months prior was in turmoil and in danger of missing the playoffs entirely. He's a mediocre 5-4 in the playoffs since his last ring (9-0 prior).

Is Tom Brady a great QB worthy of respect? Yeah he is. The best in the league? Most definitely, but he's not infallible, and hasn't won anything worth jack since 2004.

If I have said it once, I have said it a million times.

Brady is illegitimate. His records, his wins, his SB's. EVERYTHING. PERIOD.

Let me shorthand it this time.

Brady- Recipient of cheating = flat learning curve. "Oh, Thanks coach, throw the ball to my slot guy cause the blitz is coming and that zone will be open. Gee, thanks."

Other QB's- "WHAT!!!! WHAT THE #)%@$#$ IS THIS?" Crunch.

QB's are notorious head cases. Mess with a QB's head, and he just isn't right. Brady got to skip all that... no other QB in the history of the game has. He has not had to have the same battles concerning confidence, ability, etc. simply because he had a very flat learning curve due to cheating. Do I deny that he is playing very well and has the physical tools? Not at all. The thing is, 90% of QB's in the NFL have the same tools Brady has coming out of college. The deciding factor? What happens between the ears. Brady didn't have to worry about it. Hence, its all artificial-and illegitimate.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I admit they are a tough team but I will never come to the conclusion that we can't beat them.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

If Brady was playing behind this LINE he would look like David Carr.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The Browns made Marsha look like Derek Anderson this year.

He is NOT unbeatable, provided the Steelers don't play scared against him. That was the whole problem during that game - they flat-out played scared and gave him too much respect, and as a result, they got taken to the woodshed.

Senior Member Array title="memphissteelergirl is on a distinguished road"> memphissteelergirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    The Browns made Marsha look like Derek Anderson this year.He is NOT unbeatable, provided the Steelers don't play scared against him. That was the whole problem during that game - they flat-out played scared and gave him too much respect, and as a result, they got taken to the woodshed.
    THANK YOU!

...which is why I groused so much the secondary playing so far off the ball. Why of all games did we give them so much space??

I get so SICK of the media kissing Brady's ring (among other things ) and dubbing him the football Messiah. How soon they forget....the Browns whupped his pretty boy behind earlier this season. HELLOOOOO!? THE BROWNS!?

Everybody has a weakness....my hypothesis is that Marsha thinks he's unbeatable. Pride goeth before the fall...the Steelers (LeBeau specifically) have got to find his, should we have to meet again.
    I wish to report a crime....Roger Goodell is killing the game of football!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    If I have said it once, I have said it a million times.

Brady is illegitimate. His records, his wins, his SB's. EVERYTHING. PERIOD.

Let me shorthand it this time.

Brady- Recipient of cheating = flat learning curve. "Oh, Thanks coach, throw the ball to my slot guy cause the blitz is coming and that zone will be open. Gee, thanks."

Other QB's- "WHAT!!!! WHAT THE #)%@$#$ IS THIS?" Crunch.

QB's are notorious head cases. Mess with a QB's head, and he just isn't right. Brady got to skip all that... no other QB in the history of the game has. He has not had to have the same battles concerning confidence, ability, etc. simply because he had a very flat learning curve due to cheating. Do I deny that he is playing very well and has the physical tools? Not at all. The thing is, 90% of QB's in the NFL have the same tools Brady has coming out of college. The deciding factor? What happens between the ears. Brady didn't have to worry about it. Hence, its all artificial-and illegitimate.
    Great post, Father, and spot on!

I don't think anyone who has watched football for any length of time and has studied the game can disagree that Ass Chin is a great QB. You'd have to be blind and stupid to say otherwise. That being said, however, I do not believe he is unbeatable. EVERY QB has a bad day or a series of them and Fairy Tom isn't above that standard. He and the Cheats* look pretty ominous right now, but will they fizzle out come playoff time? It's certainly possible and I'm not ruling it out by any means. Any given Sunday . . . .

P.S. Can we please borrow Ass Chin's OL for the playoff run?

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Great post, Father, and spot on!

I don't think anyone who has watched football for any length of time and has studied the game can disagree that Ass Chin is a great QB. You'd have to be blind and stupid to say otherwise. That being said, however, I do not believe he is unbeatable. EVERY QB has a bad day or a series of them and Fairy Tom isn't above that standard. He and the Cheats* look pretty ominous right now, but will they fizzle out come playoff time? It's certainly possible and I'm not ruling it out by any means. Any given Sunday . . . .

P.S. Can we please borrow Ass Chin's OL for the playoff run?
    I'm not saying we can't beat him...ever...but he has certainly taken the Steelers to the woodshed once too many times. Remembering how the Steelers came back and beat Manning in 2005 the way they did has taught us all that. I hope the Patriots fall like a cheap tent as well.

I can't help but envy the way he runs their offense though. How Red Zone drives for the Patriots end up as TD's instead of FG's. It doesn't matter who his OC is....Weis, McDaniels, and whoever it is today...the guy finds open WR's like no other QB that I have ever seen.

The key is getting to him and the Steelers have not done that since Halloween of 2004. The teams that give him fits...Giants, Ravens, and Cleveland this year, all put pressure on him.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Yeah he has, but tell me BF...

Since Brady has elevated his game and started racking up the yardage and scoring Post-2005, how many Super Bowl Titles has he won? Tom Brady for all of his dominance as a passer in the latter part of the decade, has had to watch the Colts, Saints, Giants, and Steelers(twice) take home the hardware. The last time he reached the big stage he folded like a cheap lawn chair in one of the biggest SB upsets ever to a Wildcard Giants team that months prior was in turmoil and in danger of missing the playoffs entirely. He's a mediocre 5-4 in the playoffs since his last ring (9-0 prior).

Is Tom Brady a great QB worthy of respect? Yeah he is. The best in the league? Most definitely, but he's not infallible, and hasn't won anything worth jack since 2004.
    I don't know why they haven't won any more rings. That 2007 was their best team and they were one dropped Asante Samuel INT from winning that game. He's certainly not infallible, but you have to admire how he orchestrates TD drives instead of FG drives.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

i think it all falls on the o-line. brady hardly ever gets touched and has plenty of time to find his receivers.....ben does not

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    i think it all falls on the o-line. brady hardly ever gets touched and has plenty of time to find his receivers.....ben does not
    I'd be curious to see a study on how long it takes Brady to get rid of the ball compared to Ben.

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    If Brady was playing behind this LINE he would look like David Carr.
    This. As great as Brady plays, if you hit him he starts to look like Kyle Orton. He doesn't just get fidgety, he starts throwing up *stupid* passes like an NFL rookie. Even in our game this year, after two good pass rushes, he launched two horrible passes immediately afterward.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

I'm glad some of you see wassup. A lot of Brady's success has to do with his Oline. For Ben to do what he does with that Oline, well that just makes him freakin' AWESOME ! In fact, Ben is CAPTAIN AWESOME !!!

nah, that sounds to much like a tool. LOL
    Stay classy, leftnutz

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    That's called HOLDING and while the Steelers get called for it, it seems their O-line is offered lenancy in such activity.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I can't help but envy the way he runs their offense though. How Red Zone drives for the Patriots end up as TD's instead of FG's. It doesn't matter who his OC is....Weis, McDaniels, and whoever it is today...the guy finds open WR's like no other QB that I have ever seen.
    Ass Chin has a better than average OL. Ben has a pieced-together turnstile which, even when they are all healthy, are below average. Starks, Colon/Flo and Pouncey are chicken salad. The rest of 'em are chicken shit imho.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

No one could have known.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post

Yikes...who would have thought that cameras would eventually get him into a more embarrassing situation than this!!!!
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Yikes...who would have thought that cameras would eventually get him into a more embarrassing situation than this!!!!
    I know! Right? I don't think he'll ever live this one down.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Yeah.... Peyton Manning and Dan Marino are and were better.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The key is getting to him and the Steelers have not done that since Halloween of 2004. The teams that give him fits...Giants, Ravens, and Cleveland this year, all put pressure on him.
    Those same teams also don't give up ten-yard cushions in the secondary. The Giants already provided a blueprint to contain Brady. Pressure the dude and press the recievers with man coverage. The Pats offense is designed to dominate the Zone.

The Steelers played right into New England's hands last November. Pittsburgh ran a VERY vanilla and conservative defensive gameplan. They pinned back dropping 7-8 in coverage while rushing 3-4 dudes at a time. Rarely were any blitzes called. Pittsburgh may as well put up a damn sign saying "Kill us". There's respecting the passing game, then there's playing scared. Sitting back with 10-yard cushions is Tom's dream.

If two 3-4 Defenses (Browns and Ravens), give Brady such trouble, why can't we do it?

Black & Gold Metal Array title="SteelGhost is on a distinguished road"> SteelGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Yeah.... Peyton Manning and Dan Marino are and were better.
    You forgot Joe Montana

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

I guess this plays into my point about the suspect game plan we used against them. How to stop them seems so obvious, and it's been confirmed by several players and analysts. So, *why* aren't we doing it? I think it's because we're holding our cards in case we see them in the post season.

Senior Member Array title="beSteelmyheart is on a distinguished road"> beSteelmyheart's Avatar

Ugh...Can we turn down the slobknobbery of Tom Brady, please? I get enough of that shit on ESPN & can't take much more of it. Season after season. It just makes me want to friggin puke. Enough, already.
    "Preparation makes you lucky" Chuck Noll

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
    Ugh...Can we turn down the slobknobbery of Tom Brady, please? I get enough of that shit on ESPN & can't take much more of it. Season after season. It just makes me want to friggin puke. Enough, already.
    ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If we play them again, we will win....the Steelers never do anything the easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    I guess this plays into my point about the suspect game plan we used against them. How to stop them seems so obvious, and it's been confirmed by several players and analysts. So, *why* aren't we doing it? I think it's because we're holding our cards in case we see them in the post season.
    You may be onto something. I sure hope you're right. Save the best for last or hide what we can do better for later so we can remain under the radar? Intriguing thought.