Thread: Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights

Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights

Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights
    By Kevin Gorman
    PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Defensive end Aaron Smith had an MRI on his torn left triceps and was cleared by team doctors to start lifting weights, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference.

"He's doing pretty good," Tomlin said. "We're going to take another MRI in about two weeks or so and see where that takes us, but we're encouraged by his progress. There's no setbacks in his recovery. It's time to take the next step and now start tossing a few weights around, which is good news."

Tomlin is optimistic that Smith could return in time for the playoffs, which is why the Steelers didn't place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Read More:
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_712706.html
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Re: Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights

How HUGE would that be if he was able to make it back?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Tomlin is optimistic that Smith could return in time for the playoffs....
    Man, I hope.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Just like the year Woodson blew out his knee against the Detroit Sanders', he was kept on the roster for a good reason. Smith has something to reach for - the playoffs!

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

OMG this is excellent and very encouraging news! I'd love nothing more than to have Aaron back for the playoffs - what a HUGE boost this would be to the team!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I think this was the "master plan" all along. I also think Troy was not put on IR last year for the same reason.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Great news we need to get him back and ready for the playoffs.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

get stronger for the playoffs...good good...the plan is coming together nicely thus far...
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Senior Member Array title="CanadianSteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> CanadianSteel's Avatar

Fantastic news - hopefully no set backs, heal up, pump weights, return for palyoffs and sounds like it may even be sooner.

Would be nice to give Big Aaron another shot at the big dance, and he could provide a Huge boost
    HERE WE GO STEELERS.... HERE WE GO.....