Thread: Rashard Mendenhall is currently...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Rashard Mendenhall is currently...

3rd in the league in rushing attempts
    3rd in rushing attempts/game
    8th in rushing yards
    9th in rushing yards/game
    tied for 3rd in rush TD's
    8th in 1st down runs
    and tied for 3rd in 20+ yard runs

Not bad for a guy making his own yards because of a make-shift o-line. What do y'all think
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Rashard Mendenhall is currently...

absolutely love the player mendenhall has become and still think he has a lot more room to grow. this guy is going to be unreal in a few years. get him a line and see what he can do....

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

He can be aggressive at times, but he dances and loses yards on 2nd and 1 and short yardage 3rd downs. Interesting to see if in the future if the younger backs Redman and Dwyer push him for more carries or even series. Moore dissappears for entire games i guess you can contribute to Arians.

The most obvious play was when both Mendenhall and Redman were in the backfield. Mendenhall goes into motion slot right with Redman at the FB. Sure enough Ben hands off to Redman who is stuffed at the line. Not gonna fool anyone with that BS

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Gotta get him some decent linemen to really see what he's capable of.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

This kid is impressing and really has worked hard during the offseason to prove he can be a starter for the Steelers. This kid has over 1,000 rushing yard with a garbage OL imagine if we had a successful line, damn! I love his second efforts and attempts after contact, he is always looking for extra yards and pushing for the first down!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

He has some impressive stats, but why is it whenever I see him play it seems like he gets the ball, hesitates and loses yards? To me it seems like then Redman gets the ball he does a better job with the opportunities given to him.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    The most obvious play was when both Mendenhall and Redman were in the backfield. Mendenhall goes into motion slot right with Redman at the FB. Sure enough Ben hands off to Redman who is stuffed at the line. Not gonna fool anyone with that BS
    Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    He has some impressive stats, but why is it whenever I see him play it seems like he gets the ball, hesitates and loses yards? To me it seems like then Redman gets the ball he does a better job with the opportunities given to him.
    To be fair, both Mendenhall and Redman got destroyed in short yardage situations yesterday. Absolutely destroyed. Sometimes running the ball on 3rd and short and 4th and short isnt about fooling anybody. It's about getting in an obvious running formation, staring that blitzing backer right in the eye and saying "This is gonna be a goddamn 1st down and you cant stop me."
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

He's got all the tools, although I think Steeltreal is correct...There are times he dances too much when I think he's much better off putting the pedal down and just accelerating. He has done that more this season and hopefully he will continue to do so. When he gets some momentum going his strength then shows. If he dances and waits he's not really strong enough to make something happen. I think the reason so many people like Isaac Redman is that he just puts his head down and goes and becomes difficult to stop, even when there isn't that much of a hole.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

I think hes great but ultimately would be more effective running plays he likes to run. Cutbacks and a few tosses. In Arians offense its all dives up the middle with no true blocking Fullback.
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather