Thread: I don't understand....

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

I don't understand....

Somebody explain to me how a Senator/Representative found guilty of fraud/failure to pay taxes/not declaring income/other various ethics violations can still be holding his seat.

Somebody explain to me how the government can explain to me with a straight face how they need to tax me more to meet expenses when the expenses they are talking about are programs they have no right to be take responsibility for in the first place.

Somebody explain to me how the government can tell me that federal gas tax is going up 'cause the deficit is just too darned high then tell me in the next breath that they are investigating price gouging by oil companies.

Some shit's got to change or I'ma lose my l'il mind.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: I don't understand....

2 big problems in our current society. Ignorance and apathy, combined they allow the government to get away with everything. No accountability because the citizens aren't at the doors of the senate, demanding someone to step down. It would amaze you if you asked 10 people on the street, "Who is the President?" that the majority would not be able to give you the right answer. Never mind them knowing who the senator or Rep is in their district.

I don't know and I don't care. The "bad" side of freedom.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

I don't know and I don't care. The "bad" side of freedom.

Amen Canoj, that's it in a nutshell ! Thank goodness people are starting to shake that apathy and seem like their ready to 'do the work'. Hope it's not too late.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Somebody explain to me how a Senator/Representative found guilty of fraud/failure to pay taxes/not declaring income/other various ethics violations can still be holding his seat.

Somebody explain to me how the government can explain to me with a straight face how they need to tax me more to meet expenses when the expenses they are talking about are programs they have no right to be take responsibility for in the first place.

Somebody explain to me how the government can tell me that federal gas tax is going up 'cause the deficit is just too darned high then tell me in the next breath that they are investigating price gouging by oil companies.

Some shit's got to change or I'ma lose my l'il mind.
    About the same as that committing treason is protected by the first amendment.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ