Thread: Jeter is not worth the money anymore

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Jeter is not worth the money anymore

Jeter & Yankees Are $80MM Apart

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 26, 2010 at 8:06am CST]
    Derek Jeter’s representatives are asking for at least $80MM more than the Yankees are willing to offer in negotiations for the free agent shortstop, according to Bill Madden of the New York Daily News. The starting point for Jeter and agent Casey Close was six years and $150MM, according to Madden, who reports that the Jeter camp is not budging from demands for a $25MM annual salary. Alex Rodriguez’s contract “is at the cruz of Jeter’s and Close’s stance,” according to Madden.
    The Yankees have offered Jeter multiple deals, including one that would pay the 36-year-old $45MM over the course of the next three seasons. Close suggested that the Yankees' tactics are "baffling," so Yankees GM Brian Cashman encouraged Jeter and his agent to test the free agent market in search of a more generous deal.
    Joel Sherman of the New York Post proposes that the Yankees could sign Jeter to a six-year $75MM deal that could become more lucrative if Jeter reaches incentives based on plate appearances. The suggested deal would pay Jeter $20MM per season from 2011-13 and shield the Yankees from the luxury tax.

I like the guy but dam he is not worth the money anymore and should not have gotten another glove award...

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Jeter is not worth the money anymore

Madness: Derek Jeter wants six years, $150 million

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...s-150-million/

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

Jeet is my favorite Yankee...dude's been with the team for almost 20 years (they drafted him in `92). I've been a Yankees fan since before he showed up, and I'll be one long after he's gone. I'm still sad, though.

Sidenote: polamalubeast, I love your sigpic
    MAR, May 2012

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Jeter is still an outstanding SS and hitter, but he's on the down side of his career. That's peak of career type salary he's wanting. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised at all for the Yanks to give him the 150 mil.
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I've been a Yankees fan aslong as I can remember . I dont see anything wrong with the 3 years $45M contract the brass wanted to give him . I know hes the face of the Yankees but he is getting older . He just came off a 10 year $189M contract and he's demandiing more ? I think Jeter is great--take the $15M a year for your last contract .