Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Re: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

I would put Ultimo Dragon and Jushin Liger up against your Taji / muta.

In a typical wrestling swerve I will give you two teams that should never be put anywhere near a microphone.

1. Sid Team Vicious and Lex Luger - The NFI's (Imagine the poor fool trying to interview those two)

2. In all seriousness one of the most technically gifted but verbally challenged teams would have to be Perry Saturn and Chris Kanyon.

Your turn Buddha

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Ok... how about Bastion Booger and the Shockmaster? Just kidding!

Maybe Low-Ki (Kaval) and The Amazing Red as a killer high-flying combo.

For a power duo how about Mike Awesome () and Bill Goldberg?

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    For a power duo how about Mike Awesome () and Bill Goldberg?
    Versus my Scott Norton and Hugh Morris

For hardcore wrestling I'll take Cactus Jack and Necrobutcher. That would be some kind of insane!

Technical team? Bryan Danielson and Dean Malenko would be hard to beat.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart would give them a run for their money.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Sandman (Team name: "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers")

For hardcore wrestling I'll take Cactus Jack and Necrobutcher. That would be some kind of insane!

Technical team? Bryan Danielson and Dean Malenko would be hard to beat.
    Hardcore - Terry Funk and Raven

Technical - Bret Hart and Chris Benoit would have turned anyone inside out. But I would probably go Bret Hart and the Dynamite Kid

Buddha - I can remember a stage in WCW where Hall and Nash really lost the plot. I swear one show the Nash walked down the runway with white powder around his nostrils and he couldnt stop rubbing his nose. Either it was a strange gimmick or one helluva pre match warmup. Then again - no one run off the rails more than Scott Hall.

I will take your Hart/ Dynamite Kid and match it against Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards (The American Wolves).

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Ok so I watched last Thursdays TNA and it seems that they've got Hogan and Flair back in the mix. I don't mind so much with Nash and Sting (at least they're still mobile), but TNA really has to get Hogan to stay in the back and be more like Vince or a Commish type personality, maybe even a guest referee or something - but STOP getting in the ring!

However, I would say that TNA's script to have three different levels of take over going on, is interesting. You've got FORTUNE, EV 2.0, and TNA wrestlers jossling for position and they're all attacking one another. Could turn out to be very ineteresting, especially with the Abyss wild card. I think TNA is heading in the right direction but they've got to get it moving quickly before Vince can get his army in position for another takeover.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    Ok so I watched last Thursdays TNA and it seems that they've got Hogan and Flair back in the mix. I don't mind so much with Nash and Sting (at least they're still mobile), but TNA really has to get Hogan to stay in the back and be more like Vince or a Commish type personality, maybe even a guest referee or something - but STOP getting in the ring!

However, I would say that TNA's script to have three different levels of take over going on, is interesting. You've got FORTUNE, EV 2.0, and TNA wrestlers jossling for position and they're all attacking one another. Could turn out to be very ineteresting, especially with the Abyss wild card. I think TNA is heading in the right direction but they've got to get it moving quickly before Vince can get his army in position for another takeover.

I agree with everything you just stated. Hogan needs to just...go. I feel Flair needs to transition to purely a managerial role ala J.J. Dillon with the Four Horsemen. Things are at least interesting there now, but you're right. Don't let Vince regroup and smack you back down. Go for the throat and keep attacking. Now may have been a better time to switch to Mondays head-to-head. I think they should definitely do that again when things appear to be at their zenith.

I wanted to post a tribute to 2 wrestlers that I liked who recently passed away in the past week. Rest in peace, Luna Vachon (age 48) and independent wrestler J.C. Bailey (age 27).

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar

I agree with everything you just stated. Hogan needs to just...go. I feel Flair needs to transition to purely a managerial role ala J.J. Dillon with the Four Horsemen. Things are at least interesting there now, but you're right. Don't let Vince regroup and smack you back down. Go for the throat and keep attacking. Now may have been a better time to switch to Mondays head-to-head. I think they should definitely do that again when things appear to be at their zenith.
    The thing is, I don't think TNA has reached their zenith yet. They've got enough reverse zobbi-das going on, that it could take two months to get things ironed out to one or two battles here or there (ala current WWE). If they can iron out some of the older players (Hogan and Flair) and get them more backstage, they have the talent to roll Vince and the WWE, at least be competitive.

STEELERS NATION

So I watched RAW's 900th episosde last night and I wasn't too impressed. They're really pushing NEXUS and it just doesn't have depth like TNA's EV 2.0 and FORTUNE. It was nice to see the return of The Undertaker, but they're playing him against his brother AGAIN! Why not have them team up and be the baddest MO-FO Tag Team Champions ever! NAH, can't do that it wouldn't make sense that brothers could actually make up from past wounds and dominate.

I've noticed that without the great talkers (The Rock) and the great performers (Stone Cold, Triple H), the WWE truly doesn't have that great of talent. They sound more like whiney babies these days then true "entertainers". Sheamus needs to change his demeanor from half tough guy half wimp to full blown heal tough guy!

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm just tiring of the WWE.

STEELERS NATION

I tired of the WWE along time ago. When guys like CM Punk, Sheamus. Cody Rhodes, The Miz and Jack Swagger are your main event guys there are major problems.

I lost interest a long time ago in McMahons stable of Hunter Hearst Helmsly ass kissers.

Haven't watched WWE in years and have no real idea what's going on there. I have no desire to help VKM carry on with his silly shenanigans any longer.

http://www.ring-rap.com/2010/08/02/t...ally-revealed/

OK Buddha Time to pick the eyes out of this list.

I will let you start.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    I tired of the WWE along time ago. When guys like CM Punk, Sheamus. Cody Rhodes, The Miz and Jack Swagger are your main event guys there are major problems.

I lost interest a long time ago in McMahons stable of Hunter Hearst Helmsly ass kissers.
    CM Punk is one of the best wrestlers of the last 10 years. He deserves no less than main event.

Gotta disagree. One dimensional like many of on WWE roster. Thats why many fans have drifted away from the WWE and left it to Gen Y.

If wrestling is now a wrist wobble and a running knee lift then it aint my cuppa tea.

But then again what is wrestlin without heels and faces. Your piece of gold is most likely gonna be another mans nugget

One Dimensional? Did you see his match at Fatal 4 Way with Rey Mysterio? Look up CM Punk v. Bryan Danielson
    Last edited by The WH; 09-05-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    CM Punk is one of the best wrestlers of the last 10 years. He deserves no less than main event.
    Sorry, Aussie. Gotta agree with WH here. Even though I don't watch WWE, I know CM Punk is a gamer. Great indy star before joining WWE. I wish he'd defect to TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    http://www.ring-rap.com/2010/08/02/t...ally-revealed/

OK Buddha Time to pick the eyes out of this list.

I will let you start.
    OK... what am I doing? Am I picking who I like or dislike?

If they are going to put a list together I thought we should let people debate the positions / rankings of people that interest us.

#134 - Jay Lethal ( one of my favourite TNA workers) is worse than ......#113 Goldust

or for the WWE fans

#79 Kane ( under rated wrestler who could / should physically dominate)............#53 Kevin Nash ( and I am an old NWO fan)

OK, Aussie.

Kenta below The Great Khali? Give me an effin' break! Kenta is an amazing wrestler. The Great Khali is an over-sized turd!

Cena sucks ass! Nuff said!

How the Hell is Rob Terry above Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Amazing Red, Jerry Lynn, Alex Shelley or Kenny King? Terry is one of the worst "wrestlers" I have ever seen!

That's just for starters!

what do you mean ''wrestlers''?

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    what do you mean ''wrestlers''?
    Meaning Terry is NOT a wrestler. He's a 'roid abusing meat head with no talent whatsoever. I, for the life of me, cannot see what Dixie Carter and TNA execs see in this useless muscle-head with no in ring OR mic skills.

And speaking of British guys, how awesome was this past Thursday's segment with London Brawling (Desmond Wolfe and Brutus Magnus) and The Motor City Machine Guns? That was some great mic work and LB could turn out to be a fantastic team. I'm excited to see these 2 teams go at it in the ring. Should be some more classics. I like the MCMGs more and more each day!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is it me or are they really desperate trying to push Sheamus. The guy has no heat or mic skills. He should be a mid-carder at best. I've been flipping channels the past few weeks out of boredom. Also, the "NEXUS" thing is rehashed WCW (The New Blood). Sorry, but it's old. WWE=YAWN

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    So I watched RAW's 900th episosde last night and I wasn't too impressed. They're really pushing NEXUS and it just doesn't have depth like TNA's EV 2.0 and FORTUNE. It was nice to see the return of The Undertaker, but they're playing him against his brother AGAIN! Why not have them team up and be the baddest MO-FO Tag Team Champions ever! NAH, can't do that it wouldn't make sense that brothers could actually make up from past wounds and dominate.

I've noticed that without the great talkers (The Rock) and the great performers (Stone Cold, Triple H), the WWE truly doesn't have that great of talent. They sound more like whiney babies these days then true "entertainers". Sheamus needs to change his demeanor from half tough guy half wimp to full blown heal tough guy!

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm just tiring of the WWE.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Sheamus was trained by Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Thats the reason he is getting pushed like he is. In all seriousness the only gut in WWE I think is a top draw is Christian. Jack Swagger is a Kurt Angle rip off and the Miz has a good mouth but no skills.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

That explains it then. He still sucks though. I've been out of the WWE loop for a few years so I'm clueless on these newer guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
    Sheamus was trained by Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Thats the reason he is getting pushed like he is. In all seriousness the only gut in WWE I think is a top draw is Christian. Jack Swagger is a Kurt Angle rip off and the Miz has a good mouth but no skills.

Are we watching the same show? Sheamus is hugely over as a heel. His Mic skills aren't Rock-ish by any means but he's doing pretty damn good. He's lightyears ahead of John ''LoLz, I made another jab at Sheamus being pale'' Cena.

Everyone watch out for Roberto Del Rio. He's already over as a great heel and has a great wrestling predigree.

This Kane v. Undertaker redo is being done much better than the last two.