Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Re: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Saturn Is A Hero - by Aaron Giles

Many men have overcome so much to get back in the ring. Kurt Angle after many injuries. Chris Benoit with a severe neck injury. Triple H's quad snapping. But none had such a hard path to get back into the ring as Perry Saturn.

In 2004 still wrestling after a release from WWF in 2002, Saturn would have to face one of his hardest journeys back to the ring yet. He was driving his girlfriend to work when he saw two men trying to rape a girl. He wasted no time stepping out of his car and coming to the rescue. He fought with the men and saved the girl but it wasn't all good news. Saturn felt a burning sensation in his neck; he had been shot 3 times there.

He now has a steel plate along with three stainless steel screws where his C-5, C-6 and C-7 vertebrae are. Now under these conditions alot of men would call it quits but not Saturn. Against all odds he began training extensively to get back into the ring after his huge injury. How incredible is that? After 3 gun shots in the neck not only is he standing he's ready to get back into the ring and continue what he loves to do. Unfortunately he had to pull out from Hardcore Homecoming because of his injury but no doubt the man is still interested in what he does best apart from saving the day.

I believe this man is a true hero, he risked his life and came out of it with three bullets. He's a hero and he didn't do it for personal gain, he did it because there was someone who needed help and Saturn delivered. I hope this man can step back into the ring one day with his injuries fully behind him because he deserves it after what has happened.
    http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com...rry-saturn.php

One of my all time favourite WCW wrestlers. If he was 6 inches taller he would have been a wrestling god. He an Chris Canyon were two of the better technicians WCW had. The rings of Saturn and the death valley driver were moves that I can vividly remember

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

I would love to see someone put Randy ''shoulders of glass'' Orton in the Rings of Saturn.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

I loved Perry Saturn. I still believe that he and John Kronus made up one of the best tag teams of all time in the Eliminators. Their match against the Dudleys at ECW's 1st ever PPV, was a great squash of an soon-to-be dominating tag team. I wish they hadn't broken up, but I heard they never really liked each other personally. Could have been one of the best ever.

Here's a random video I found that has nothing to do with Saturn, but is wrestling related.:

One of the funniest wrestling blooper/botches of all time. Don't know why it took me so long to post this. ENTER THE SHOCKMASTER!!!

Does it get any funnier than that? I love Sid Vicious in the background saying "Oh God!" when Shockmaster hit the floor. That alone was funny, but add the bad glittery Stormtrooper helmet flying off, the cheesy "mean voice", goofy robe thing and the overall clusterfuckieness of it all, and you have an instant (unintentional) comedy wrestling classic! The additional Dusty Rhodes commentary afterwards is just icing on the cake!

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

The sad thing about the Shockmaster is they thought it would work.....

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

That is hilarious !!!! Could watch wrestling bloopers all day .

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    That is hilarious !!!! Could watch wrestling bloopers all day .
    than you sir need to go on youtube and look up ''Botchamania''

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

I just watched a few right now and it was sick . I couldn't stop laughing . Thanks for the info !!!

no problem.

Anybody see the ECW/TNA invasion angle the other night? I thought it came off pretty good and made the ECW guys look legit. Hopefully that will carry over to actual matches. I'm a little worried that Raven may stink it up with the in-ring work, but hopefully, I'm wrong. I think Rhino, Richards and Dreamer will be OK (especially Rhino). It also looks like Brother Devon and RVD are in the group. I wonder what they'll do with Brother Ray? Doesn't seem right to do this without him in the group. Where does Foley/Cactus fit in in this mess? I'd like to see maybe Sabu, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Justin Credible and Lance Storm come in as well. They can all, at least, still wrestle well. Overall, I liked the brawl and think it has some potential. Here's to TNA not screwing the pooch on this one. Pray they don't fuck it up!

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    Anybody see the ECW/TNA invasion angle the other night? I thought it came off pretty good and made the ECW guys look legit. Hopefully that will carry over to actual matches. I'm a little worried that Raven may stink it up with the in-ring work, but hopefully, I'm wrong. I think Rhino, Richards and Dreamer will be OK (especially Rhino). It also looks like Brother Devon and RVD are in the group. I wonder what they'll do with Brother Ray? Doesn't seem right to do this without him in the group. Where does Foley/Cactus fit in in this mess? I'd like to see maybe Sabu, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Justin Credible and Lance Storm come in as well. They can all, at least, still wrestle well. Overall, I liked the brawl and think it has some potential. Here's to TNA not screwing the pooch on this one. Pray they don't fuck it up!
    Looks like Bubba Ray is joining them, at least for now. If you didn't catch it, Raven flipped on Dreamer the other night. I like how TNA is dealing with the extreme wrestlers. And they even said, "We're not some disgruntled rookies..."

What Vince is doing with Nexus, is good too. However, TNA is starting to throw out some good promos too. They need to keep up the hard work. If they can get some decent battles going, they've got a legit chance to go more national. I see that they've already started doing some shows outside of their Orlando home.

I predict by next year, they'll be more active in the wrestling market. I also see them getting some more talent, probably away from Vince's stable which will boost their ability to have better matches and better story lines.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    Looks like Bubba Ray is joining them, at least for now. If you didn't catch it, Raven flipped on Dreamer the other night. I like how TNA is dealing with the extreme wrestlers. And they even said, "We're not some disgruntled rookies..."

What Vince is doing with Nexus, is good too. However, TNA is starting to throw out some good promos too. They need to keep up the hard work. If they can get some decent battles going, they've got a legit chance to go more national. I see that they've already started doing some shows outside of their Orlando home.

I predict by next year, they'll be more active in the wrestling market. I also see them getting some more talent, probably away from Vince's stable which will boost their ability to have better matches and better story lines.

I hope you are right on this one because the product has been down for a while now.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmsteelerwr15 View Post
    I hope you are right on this one because the product has been down for a while now.
    Since the downfall of the WCW and TNA's inability to immediately challenge Vince and the WWE, there was no reason for the WWE to continue to put out top of the line productions every week, every PPV, etc. And we've seen where that has gotten us. The WWE's top line was going down like flys - Stone Cole, The Rock, Triple H, etc. All taking injuries, bad injuries to their backs, legs, etc. So Vince did what he needed to do to protect his product - he brought in lesser talent, and since he didn't have a company to challenge him, he continued with the lesser programming and storylines.

STEELERS NATION

I'm really liking the new direction TNA is taking. Between the ECW guys, the Abyss monster turn, the Beer Money/Motor City Machine Guns fued, Brian Kendrick and Jay Lethal pushes, RVD title reign, Fourtune forming and Rob "Roid" Terry having the Global title taken off of him, things are looking way up. I hear Sandman, Jerry Lynn and Sabu could probably be coming in soon as well. I'm hooked.

Former ECW talent confirmed for TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV:
    1. Tommy Dreamer
    2. The Dudley Boys (Team 3D)
    3. Rhino
    4. Raven
    5. Stevie Richards
    6. Jerry Lynn
    7. Sabu
    8. Too Cold Scorpio
    9. Sandman
    10. Rob Van Dam
    11. Bill Alphonso

Former ECW talent who have turned down offers to appear:
    1. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
    2. Lance Storm
    3. Mikey Whipwreck (neck problems)
    4. Paul Heyman (so far)

Still would like to see offers made to Justin Credible, Tajiri, the F.B.I., Doring/Roadkill, Super Crazy and Nova/Blue Meanie. Tommy Dreamer stated he would love to have Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and Joey Styles there, but they are currently under contract to WWE so they won't be permitted to attend.
    Last edited by BuddhaBus; 08-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.

TNA is suffering from the same problem the WWE is, too many main eventers, not enough time and bad planning to get them the attention they need.

Recently confirmed for TNA Hard Justice:
    1. C.W. Anderson
    2. Spike Dudley (Brother Runt)
    3. The F.B.I.
    4. Referee John Finegan

i wonder if former Ecw greats eddie guerrero,brian pillman, and chris benoit are going to be appearing...

From what I've seen the last two weeks between WWE and TNA, TNA is starting to up the ante and WWE doesn't seem to concerned as of it. They're still playing the Nexxus card, but TNA (at least this past Thursday night) put on one hell of a card, and very little chatter. Something WWE and Vince hasn't learned yet.

If TNA can keep this type of pressure, they'll soon be a force in wrestling headlines similar to how WCW was before it started going to crap in the late 90's early 00's. Last night's show was amazing and they have definitely raised the bar. I think they beat Vince to the take over scenario and with that and the EV 2.0, they proved they can put on a show!

STEELERS NATION

I haven't watched last night's TNA show yet, but I read about it on some wrestling sites. Sounds like it was excellent! When I heard it was going to be an actual all-action WRESTLING show and then saw some of the matches that were lined up, I got really excited. I can't wait to get a chance to watch it. TNA is definitely creeping up on ol' Vincent K. McMahon. He'd better watch it or...GASP!... he might actually have some real competition again! Too bad TNA jumped the gun a little with the move to Monday nights heads-up with WWE. Now would have been the prime time to strike. Let's just hope Hogan and Bischoff are on their way out. They are just holding TNA back.

Also, I heard Roderick Strong wrestled a dark match for TNA. He's from Ring Of Honor and the guy is a superb technical wrestler. He's known as the "Messiah of the Backbreaker" in ROH. This dude can go. I'd love to see him take on Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Douglas Williams, Desmond Wolfe or Brian Kendrick. I hope they sign him ASAP!

I haven't watched last night's TNA show yet, but I read about it on some wrestling sites. Sounds like it was excellent! When I heard it was going to be an actual all-action WRESTLING show and then saw some of the matches that were lined up, I got really excited. I can't wait to get a chance to watch it. TNA is definitely creeping up on ol' Vincent K. McMahon. He'd better watch it or...GASP!... he might actually have some real competition again! Too bad TNA jumped the gun a little with the move to Monday nights heads-up with WWE. Now would have been the prime time to strike. Let's just hope Hogan and Bischoff are on their way out. They are just holding TNA back.

Also, I heard Roderick Strong wrestled a dark match for TNA. He's from Ring Of Honor and the guy is a superb technical wrestler. He's known as the "Messiah of the Backbreaker" in ROH. This dude can go. I'd love to see him take on Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Douglas Williams, Desmond Wolfe or Brian Kendrick. I hope they sign him ASAP!
    I don't know Buddha, I think Hogan and Bischoff being with TNA is actually starting to help them build some angles up. They seems to have slowly put themselves on the behind the scenes. As long as they continue to utilize their talents back stage and make appearances similar to what Vince does, I think they'll be just fine. If they become more active again, then it would be the downfall of TNA. With the recent signings and events at TNA, I think they'll continue to be in the background with no reason to be in the ring for physical contact. EV 2.0, could be the next thing to carry TNA to closer to challenging the WWE.

It'll be interesting to see what Vince is going to do squash TNA or if he's out of gas and can't find something better to raise the bar.

STEELERS NATION

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    I don't know Buddha, I think Hogan and Bischoff being with TNA is actually starting to help them build some angles up. They seems to have slowly put themselves on the behind the scenes. As long as they continue to utilize their talents back stage and make appearances similar to what Vince does, I think they'll be just fine. If they become more active again, then it would be the downfall of TNA. With the recent signings and events at TNA, I think they'll continue to be in the background with no reason to be in the ring for physical contact. EV 2.0, could be the next thing to carry TNA to closer to challenging the WWE.

It'll be interesting to see what Vince is going to do squash TNA or if he's out of gas and can't find something better to raise the bar.
    You're right about them slowly fading behind the scenes some, but will Hogan's ego allow that for very long? He has always been a glory hog who can't bear to share the spotlight. We'll see if he truly starts to push the young guys and "pass the torch". That hasn't been his normal M.O. though. I hope the EV 2.0 thing does well. A lot of those guys do deserve to be treated well and succeed in this business for the way they revolutionized the business, but the bottom line is they need to perform in the ring or it won't work.

As far as WWE, I don't know if Vince has anything up his sleeve, but it won't pull me back in. I've been done with WWE for years and if TNA flops/folds/is bought by Vince, I'll be done with mainstream wrestling again. Plenty of cool indies out there to watch instead. I did hear that WWE signed Tyler Black from ROH. He's a really good wrestler, but there's something about him I don't like. He just kind of bores me. Maybe he'll get an interesting character to work with. He might help some.

You're right about them slowly fading behind the scenes some, but will Hogan's ego allow that for very long? He has always been a glory hog who can't bear to share the spotlight. We'll see if he truly starts to push the young guys and "pass the torch". That hasn't been his normal M.O. though. I hope the EV 2.0 thing does well. A lot of those guys do deserve to be treated well and succeed in this business for the way they revolutionized the business, but the bottom line is they need to perform in the ring or it won't work.

As far as WWE, I don't know if Vince has anything up his sleeve, but it won't pull me back in. I've been done with WWE for years and if TNA flops/folds/is bought by Vince, I'll be done with mainstream wrestling again. Plenty of cool indies out there to watch instead. I did hear that WWE signed Tyler Black from ROH. He's a really good wrestler, but there's something about him I don't like. He just kind of bores me. Maybe he'll get an interesting character to work with. He might help some.
    I think Hogan's health is the main reason for his willingness to stay out of the spotlight. Looking back, I think it was necessary for Hogan and Bischoff to be in the spotlight for a few months in order to get the behind the scenes in order and story lines completed. Now that they've got the foundation layed, I truly believe that they'll stay back stage and let the younger guys take TNA over the top.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching even if WWE buys out TNA, which I don't think will happen because all the wrestlers over there revolted against WWE when Vince bought out WCW.

I don't know this Tyler Black. I'll have to YouTube or something to get an idea on him.

STEELERS NATION

I love watching good wrestling, I just don't like the PG-rated, cartoonish stuff WWE tends to do. It's good for kids and all, just not my thing. I'll never stop watching all-together.

I noticed from Monday night's RAW that they are trying to make Cena like the next Rock with his smack talk towards Nexxus. And you're right Buddha, it is registered more towards the PG13 crowd, which isn't bad (especially with small children in the house).

I like the swerve they still have with Nexxus, but I hope they do not continue to dismantle them. The WWE needs a dominate group similar to DX and The NATION. It will help them, I believe, in the llong run.

I'm waiting to see what TNA brings out Thursday night.

STEELERS NATION

How awesome has the series of matches between Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns been? They have been among some of the best tag team matches I have seen. Very reminiscent of the old Rock 'n Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) vs. The Midnight Express ("Beautiful" Bobby Eaton and "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey) or Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn and Ole Anderson) matches of the 80s, but faster paced. Great matches from these two teams and I think they should be applauded for their efforts.

Absolutely, reminds me of the Edge and Christian / Hardy Boys

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    Absolutely, reminds me of the Edge and Christian / Hardy Boys
    Another good comparison!

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

What the??? No Killer Bees vs Rockers comparison.

Only joking.

OK Buddha - Dream Tag teams that you would have like to have seen formed in your time.

I give you WCW days - Brett Hart ( hitting the sharpshooter) with Randy " Macho man" Savage" hitting the elbow from the top rope.

Who's next??

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

How about Taz (in his prime) teamed with Samoa Joe called the "Human Suplex Machines". Sheer devastation. Or how about Tajiri and the Great Muta.

Killer Bees indeed...