Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

While that was true of his later years, his match w/Bret Hart (I Quit match) was a classic and one of the most famous double turns in wrestling history. Austin was one of the main guys in the late 90's that brought WWE back to prominence. He was a very good wrestler in WCW w/Pillman and The Dangerous Alliance. As was said earlier, injuries hampered him into a one dimensional wrestler and into retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Stone cold had 3 moves in his prime.

#1 - The two handed beer chug
    #2 - The two handed bird
    #3 - The stone cold stunner ( that guys had to jump up and into for him)

Grossly over rated wrestler who survived purely on his ring persona.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    While that was true of his later years, his match w/Bret Hart (I Quit match) was a classic and one of the most famous double turns in wrestling history. Austin was one of the main guys in the late 90's that brought WWE back to prominence. He was a very good wrestler in WCW w/Pillman and The Dangerous Alliance. As was said earlier, injuries hampered him into a one dimensional wrestler and into retirement.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Steve Austin was a terriffic worker. If you don't think that, you're wrong.

BTW, the WWE had one of it's best segments in years at the end of Raw last night.

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post

BTW, the WWE had one of it's best segments in years at the end of Raw last night.
    I agree. That was like something that Paul Heyman would have done in ECW.
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    Stone Cold was a good wrestler(maybe not great), but injuries later in his career to his knees and, especially, his neck, limited him a little. He and Brian Pillman were a great tag team back in WCW as The Hollywood Blondes and his early work in WWE(F) was solid. He could make a match believable.

I was/am a HUGE fan of the luchadores and cruiserweights. Loved all of the guys you just mentioned. Don't forget Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Chris Jericho.

I believe everything runs in cycles, and wrestling will rise from the ashes again at some point. It will take some interesting new characters/wrestlers and some valid competition for WWE to get there though.

Austin knew how to work the ring and work it well. If his opponent didn't hit him hard enough, he didn't flail across the ring like he did. He responded accordingly. That made his matches worthwhile. He also played up the crowd, as good as anyone.

And as much as Vince made Hogan, Hogan made the WWE what it became. Let's face it, Hogan was the face of wrestling for years and he only changed places with Flair. What one of these companies is missing is a 4-Horsemen type group to run rampid throughout the company causing chaos. The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    What one of these companies is missing is a 4-Horsemen type group to run rampid throughout the company causing chaos. The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.
    How about 8 horseman? 8 rookie horseman?

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

OK, so i decided to watch Raw last night. Can anyone here give me the low-down on what happened to the Undertaker ?
    And WTF was the ending all about? i went for a snack and came back to see Cena getting jumped by a bunch of ppl i don't know ?

Any help appreciated.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Re: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

The Undertaker came back to be in the upcoming pay per view, and had a match with Rey, who was going to take a vacation for a few months. Rey ended up crushing the Undertakers Orbital Bone (eye socket bone) (the same one mabel broke about 13 years ago that caused him to have to wear a mask). Since he was already slated to be in the PPV they needed an out. So they just pretended that he was found in a vegatative state.

The guys you saw attacking Cena were the NXT rookies (nXT is WWE's replacement program for ECW until Smackdown moves to the Sci-Fi channel). Think of then like the nxt.W.o HOPEFULLY.

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Hey thanks WH. i had missed recent episodes and was wondering what had happened. Thanks for the heads up on smackdown moving to sci-fi. When does this take place ?

Request for mods: Can we please move this thread back to BS as i don't like to forum jump alot?? If not, no biggie.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Prok View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on smackdown moving to sci-fi. When does this take place ?
    i don't know.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Yeah that ending was awesome and it is really the first time I've been really intrigued in a long time. Now I really can't wait to be at Raw next week

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Agreed. I'm not sure Ring of Honor can really push them anytime soon, so TNA is probably the only viable option.

TNA is going to have to ditch Hogan and Bischoff and get someone better to run the show like a Heyman or Jim Cornette to have a chance imho. They also need to trim some fat off the roster as well. Syxx-pac, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Lacey Von Erich, Jimmy Hart, Tomko, Brutus Magnus and, ESPECIALLY, Scott Hall (waste of oxygen) have got to go. They also need to repackage guys like Brian Kendrick (very talented, but non-existent), Amazing Red (needs to be TNA's answer to Rey Mysterio), Desmond Wolfe (they are missing the boat on this guy), Homicide (bring back LAX), Kazarian (NEW, new Nature Boy?) and Sting (turn him face again). Kevin Nash and Jeff Jarrett may be better as backstage or front office help. Their better days are behind them now.
    I agree all the way that TNA needs to trim the roster and have someone other then Hogan/Bischoff in charge. They have the talent but cant seem to get things going the right way. Its like a rudderless ship.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
    I agree all the way that TNA needs to trim the roster and have someone other then Hogan/Bischoff in charge. They have the talent but cant seem to get things going the right way. Its like a rudderless ship.
    That sounds an awful lot like WCW in its final days. Hmmmm ...

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    That sounds an awful lot like WCW in its final days. Hmmmm ...
    Yes it does.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

I really want to start watching wrestling again, but there's nothing drawing me in. For me, it peaked during the Monday Night Wars and ECW. Hopefully, one day something will grab my attention and I'll get sucked back in.

The 4-Horsemen were a classic group of men that didn't play favorites and would do what they needed to do to win and keep titles in the group. And I'm sorry but "THE BAND" isn't that group, but it does look like Flair is putting together a good group with AJ Styles, Wolfe, Kaza (whoever), and Beer Money.
    The Four Horsemen era was one of my favorites in wrestling history. The classic line-up of Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson and Ole Anderson was my fave. I also liked it a lot when Barry Windham was a member. There will probably never be another stable of wrestlers that will match what they did for wrestling in my opinion.

You're right, The Band blows chunks and I wish they would just go away. Syxx-pac and Scott Hall are just wastes of oxygen and roster spots. Nash seems like he has an interest in pushing and putting over the young guys though and could be used in that capacity, but I've never been a fan of his in ring work.

I do like the new group Flair is putting together, but I really hope they won't pin the Horsemen name on them. That name needs to be retired for good. It was a travesty when Paul Roma was a member. I really like Desmond Wolfe and Beer Money is a decent team. I think AJ isn't quite fitting the Nature Boy mold though he is an excellent wrestler. He just seems more like a face to me. Kazarian... eh. He is a good wrestler, But I just can't get into him. Maybe Flair can change that.

I do like the new group Flair is putting together, but I really hope they won't pin the Horsemen name on them. That name needs to be retired for good. It was a travesty when Paul Roma was a member. I really like Desmond Wolfe and Beer Money is a decent team. I think AJ isn't quite fitting the Nature Boy mold though he is an excellent wrestler. He just seems more like a face to me. Kazarian... eh. He is a good wrestler, But I just can't get into him. Maybe Flair can change that.
    Don't forget Steve McMichael ... having him in the Horsemen was an absolute joke.

Don't forget Steve McMichael ... having him in the Horsemen was an absolute joke.
    HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THAT ASSHAT!?! That WAS worse than Paul Roma! Mongo was short for mongoloid I believe. I think part of my brain wanted to forget he ever soiled the great Horsemen legacy.

HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET THAT ASSHAT!?! That WAS worse than Paul Roma! Mongo was short for mongoloid I believe. I think part of my brain wanted to forget he ever soiled the great Horsemen legacy.
    My memory isn't what it used to be, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kevin Greene kind of an unofficial member for a while? Or was he just teamed of with Mongo?

They teamed together and Mongo turned on Greene and joined the Horsemen. I had to actually look it up on Wikipedia myself, but I thought Greene only did a one-time celebrity match. Greene was pretty funny to watch if I remember correctly because he was just so pumped up and into it.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Speaking of the 4-Horsemen era, how about THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS with Michael P.S. Hayes!!

Classics, my friends, flat out classics. I agree, I don't think there will ever be another era such as those. It would take a lot to get them to that level. I thought there for awhile, WWE and Vince were trying to re-establish the Fabulous Freebirds, but never got it off the ground.

Michael's strut was awesome, much better than Flair's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkKt...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU16g...eature=related

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Speaking of the 4-Horsemen era, how about THE FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS with Michael P.S. Hayes!!

Classics, my friends, flat out classics. I agree, I don't think there will ever be another era such as those. It would take a lot to get them to that level. I thought there for awhile, WWE and Vince were trying to re-establish the Fabulous Thunderbirds, but never got it off the ground.

Michael's strut was awesome, much better than Flair's!
    That would be the Fabulous FREEbirds, truck. You're thinking of the band that did the song "Tough Enough". Yes, they were an awesome group as well. Hayes, Buddy "Jack" Roberts and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy were the originals. "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin was in a later incarnation with Hayes and they were managed by "Diamond" Dallas Page before he started wrestling himself. They were awesome back in the days of World Class Championshiip Wrestling from the Dallas,Tx area. Their feud with the Von Erich family was one of the greatest of all-time.

They teamed together and Mongo turned on Greene and joined the Horsemen. I had to actually look it up on Wikipedia myself, but I thought Greene only did a one-time celebrity match. Greene was pretty funny to watch if I remember correctly because he was just so pumped up and into it.
    Ahh, that's right!! I looked at Wiki after your post and I'm amazed at how much Horsemen history I've forgotten.

Ahh, that's right!! I looked at Wiki after your post and I'm amazed at how much Horsemen history I've forgotten.
    There were a lot of years and members to remember. It's nice to chat with some people who know about this stuff. I've been a wrestling dork for a long time. I've probably forgotten more than I realize.

It's nice to chat with some people who know about this stuff. I've been a wrestling dork for a long time.
    I used to love talking about wrestling when I still followed it. Back around 1999 or 2000, I asked the head of our features department at the paper I work for if I could write a weekly wrestling column. He said no because wrestling was fake and no one cares about it. I pointed out that 95 percent of the entertainment we cover (movies and TV) is fake, and that WCW and WWF consistently finished No. 1 and No. 2 in the cable nielsen ratings. He still said no.

I used to love talking about wrestling when I still followed it. Back around 1999 or 2000, I asked the head of our features department at the paper I work for if I could write a weekly wrestling column. He said no because wrestling was fake and no one cares about it. I pointed out that 95 percent of the entertainment we cover (movies and TV) is fake, and that WCW and WWF consistently finished No. 1 and No. 2 in the cable nielsen ratings. He still said no.
    Sounds like a hater to me. Of course it's fake, idiot! Only slack-jawed hillbillies, little kids and water head retards think it's real. IT'S FUN TO WATCH!

Water head

Botchamania (there are over 100 Botchamania's they are completely hilarious for anyone who liked or likes wrasslin'

The 4 horsemen need to stay dead. It was abused by WCW and i don't see it as anything more than a bullshit ratings grab attempt now.

Water head

I think this guy qualifies as a water head slack-jawed hillbilly! Too bad he didn't hit the trifecta.

Botchamania (there are over 100 Botchamania's they are completely hilarious for anyone who liked or likes wrasslin'
    Good stuff, but I'm a little disappointed there's no Shockmaster!

Good stuff, but I'm a little disappointed there's no Shockmaster!
    Oh, he uses shockmaster a ton, like I said there are 133 Botchamania's. His best are from about 60-97