Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Any Pro Wrestling Fans Out There?

YES! YES! YES!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
    Well we have our first gay pro wrestler Darren Young.
    Bah humbug. The first gay wrestler was this guy:

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not true. There was a WWF guy that was gay like 3-4 years ago he came out...I think Chris Canyon was his name? Not exactly sure if the name, but he was out long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not true. There was a WWF guy that was gay like 3-4 years ago he came out...I think Chris Canyon was his name? Not exactly sure if the name, but he was out long ago.
    I was joking about Adonis being really gay but the Kanyon thing I never knew about. I don't watch as much as I used to but that I never knew.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I was more responding to the earlier post. I'm not 100% sure that was his name. I heard him in the radio talking about it and I thought that was his name. I haven't watched wrestling since the 80s...I loved it back then and then briefly in the 90s during the Stone Cold, Road Dogg, Rock era.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Chris Kanyon ... yet another tragic end for a talented wrestler. I liked him a lot in WCW, first as Mortis and then as Kanyon, and felt he was underappreciated.

He wasn't an openly gay wrestler (at least not in WCW or WWE). After he was released from WWE, he claimed that he was released because he was gay. He later said that it wasn't true ... it was just a work and he really wasn't gay. But then he later admitted that he really was gay.

At the time of his death, I'm not sure whether he was gay or straight that week. But to the best of my knowledge, he was never openly gay while wrestling in either WCW or WWE.

"Who's better than Kanyon?"

EDIT:

According to Wiki:

In 2006, after Kanyon's release from WWE, he began a gimmick in which he was an openly homosexual professional wrestler. This included a publicity stunt wherein he stated that WWE released him from his contract because of his sexuality. Kanyon later told reporters and radio personalities that this was just a publicity stunt and that he was heterosexual.[6] However, he later retracted these statements and acknowledged that he was in fact homosexual.[7]

Before his death Kanyon was working on a book, Wrestling Reality, with Ryan Clark. The book was released November 1, 2011, and it features Kanyon's struggles as a closeted gay man as a prominent theme (ISBN-1770410287).[8][9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kanyon

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Chris Kanyon ... yet another tragic end for a talented wrestler. I liked him a lot in WCW, first as Mortis and then as Kanyon, and felt he was underappreciated.

He wasn't an openly gay wrestler (at least not in WCW or WWE). After he was released from WWE, he claimed that he was released because he was gay. He later said that it wasn't true ... it was just a work and he really wasn't gay. But then he later admitted that he really was gay.

At the time of his death, I'm not sure whether he was gay or straight that week. But to the best of my knowledge, he was never openly gay while wrestling in either WCW or WWE.
    Jersey Triad - Kanyon, DDP, and Bam Bam Bigelow. Before WCW went to the toilet.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Jersey Triad - Kanyon, DDP, and Bam Bam Bigelow. Before WCW went to the toilet.
    I forgot all about the Triad. ... I remember Kanyon's feud with DDP, where Kanyon ran around giving everyone the "Kanyon Cutter" while wearing a blond wig to look like DDP. I think Kanyon could have been a star. He was getting a good push in WCW around the time Vince bought it. And then he got cast aside like most of the other young WCW talent.

Lol...yes, no, maybe...

Lol...yes, no, maybe...
    I knew Orton would come out..HHH was too quiet....>EVOLUTION! LMAO

Bryan will probably get the title back eventually.

Cena is boring

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Kanyon was a true master of innovation. He and Perry Saturn were two of the best in the good days of WCW

ON a side note:

Ever wondered what The Iron Sheik and Honky Tonk Man thought of Ric Flair???

Priceless

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Kanyon was a true master of innovation. He and Perry Saturn were two of the best in the good days of WCW

ON a side note:

Ever wondered what The Iron Sheik and Honky Tonk Man thought of Ric Flair???

Priceless
    LMAO....Flair was/is an arrogrant prick on and off the screen. Basically, he lived his own character.

And the 3rd guy (don't know who he is) was right. Flair learned the "chop" from Wahoo. Watching wrestling in the 70s, Wahoo was the one who did it before Nature Boy.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I guess Daniel Bryan is the new Stone Cold Steve Austin, but about half as entertaining. All we need now is for HHH and Orton to come out to the Evolution theme music - that would be awesome. One of the best wrestling stables ever, IMO. I knew an Orton heel turn was coming as soon as he won Money in the Bank.

I'd rather put this in this wrestling thread than the NFL thread Don't like the forty whiners but thought this was funny:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-twitter-drama

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Tonights the Royal Rumble at Consol Energy Center. I fully expect Batista to win the Rumble.

Tonights the Royal Rumble at Consol Energy Center. I fully expect Batista to win the Rumble.
    Yep. Do you think Orton wins to set up Batista - Orton?

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

WWE Erase Hulk Hogan From History Amid Racist Tirade Rumour

Hogan is gone from WWE, in a complete removal of his name across the company.

Hulk Hogan is gone from the WWE, allegedly due to a racist audio clip which is about to be released by the National Enquirer. Wade Keller of PWTorch retweeted a link to a post at thecoli.com which alleges “When the National Enquirer releases audio of the Hulkster dropping the N-word so liberally that insiders are saying “there’s no coming back from this.””

For now, all that is certain, is that WWE have removed Hulk Hogan from almost everything. He’s gone from wwe.com, he’s gone from wwe shop, he’s gone from Tough Enough, he’s even gone from the WWE Hall Of Fame page. That seems to indicate that there has been a very serious incident.

Read more: http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-erase...ade-rumour.php

He'd be pretty hard to erase from the WWF forever...he played a pretty big part in the history and rise of the World Wrestling Federation. I don't know what he does there now, but in the 80s...you can't ignore him...lol.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

To totally wipe him from WWE history for this is insane.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Gonna laugh if this causes a big enough backlash to force WWE into bankruptcy...

To totally wipe him from WWE history for this is insane.
    I agree. I don't agree with and can't condone what he said, but to wipe him off the "face of the mat" forever...it's rather extreme and a little far fetched IMO.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I agree. I don't agree with and can't condone what he said, but to wipe him off the "face of the mat" forever...it's rather extreme and a little far fetched IMO.
    Did what he say bother me? Of course. But what bothers me a lot more is the current culture of uber-political correctness and walking on eggshells where somebody gets offended about EVERYTHING and the completely overboard knee-jerk overreactions and people's lives and livelihoods being ruined as a result of making an offensive remark within "hearing distance" of someone else's smart phone.

Not to mention the blatant double standard that exists for certain folks who can say whatever they want and are basically given a pass for it due to the ethnic group they belong to, regardless of how stupid, insensitive and offensive it is...

Agree. It's the over reaction that bothers me as well. Basically it's name calling that got Hogan in trouble and I'm not sure it was directed at one specific person. Again, it's not right and I don't agree with it, but come on...Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"?