Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Helen Thomas - "Send all the Jews back to Germany, Poland"

Let's see.

First, I talk about her hatred of Israel.

THEN, I talk about her as a good liberal, ignoring the facts.

Conclusion: Being a good liberal, she ignores facts contrary to her opinion. Since her opinion is hatred of Israel, it makes it easy for her to ignore other facts. Since the democrat party has shown to be more anti-Israel than the republican party, according to a democrat pollster (Zogby), she is in a political party where she is less apt to be confronted of that position.

Now, Your take Tony.
    I talk about her hatred of Israel.

Then, I talk about how as a liberal, she gets to ignore facts

Tony's conclusion: I have said all liberals are liberals because they hate israel and are bigoted racist pigs.

NEXT,

My take, Jews are outside this discussion because they have something called the HOLOCAUST in their background.
    Conclusion: The holocaust causes them to take a different tack in American politics.

Tony's take:
    I think of my inlaws as anti-semitic bigots because their liberals.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the bad logic.
    Last edited by Craic; 06-05-2010 at 04:30 PM.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

you participated in the partisainship of this thread. i showed there are much deeper and underlying issues to contribute to the problems this bitch has.

all liberals do not share her anti-semitic views.

would it be fair for me to assume you behave like jimmy baker, ted haggard, and hendereds of catholic priests because of your association in Christ?

cause that is what you are doing in this instance.

Actually Shoes, Yes. They both were liberals. Nixon ran to the left of JFK in the elections in the 1960's. When he was in office, he introduced price caps, the EPA, detente with China, etc. He was one the most liberal president we had between FDR and Carter-and in some cases, was as liberal as carter.

Graham was also a liberal politically and was always registered as a democrat.

So again, Yes.
    Do I think that Anti-semitism comes from 1 source? Nope. Not at all. That wasn't my argument however. My argument, was that 1. Helen Thomas is a bigot. 2. Because she is a liberal, and identifies with the democrat party, she won't be readily challenged on any facts as she would in the Republican party, based on the stances of the two parties vis-a-vis Israel, as Zogby's poll points out.

I would be really interested to know what phrase your bible teacher was using, and how he was using it. PM me if you would. Since that is my area of Doctoral work (the early creation of Judaism) I am quite interested. There is a lot of racism in that area, because a lot of the scholarship came from Liberal German scholars (theologically liberal, nothing to do with American Politics). One of the Seminal works in OT studies was littered with racism. IT was written by Julius Wellhausen and is called the "Prolegomina to the History of Israel." Being that it is a Late 19th century German scholarly work, you can just imagine strain in it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

My dear friend Michael Brown, a Messianic Jew wrote this book in 1992, "Our hands are Stained with Blood". Must reading for all Christians....

http://askdrbrown.org/resources/stor...&category_id=6

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

preacher, it is not intellectually honest to introduce shes #1 a bigot after the fact.

this has been your take (and first post on the subject)-

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Typical.

Completely ignore the fact that

1. Jews (and before them, Israelites) have been documented to be in that land for at least 3000 years. Palestinians probably in Gaza for about the same length of time. However...
    2. Both the Gaza and West Bank were taken from the Palestinians NOT by Israel, but by the ARAB community. They were then used as a launching point for a war, which Israel barely won and thus, pushed Egypt and Jordan out of the respective lands to create a buffer zone between Israel and the surrounding nations that continued to launch wars against them.
    3. To this day, the Arab world does not take any responsibility for their actions in this atrocity-shifting the entire blame on Israel, even though Israel took nothing from the Palestinians. It was all Egypt and Jordan.

Nope. A good liberal like her will ignore all those facts.
    as we all can see is that first and foremost she was looked at as a liberal by you.

not a single mention a bigot or anti semite.

i am the one who has been pointing out that the roots of her problems run much deeper than political beliefs. i am the one who said her problems are anti-semitism/ ethnic hatred in nature.

if you agree, then just state that you agree. don play spin doctor.

your above quote woulda been more intellectually honest if it read

"a good anti-semite/bigot will ignore all those facts".

then i could agree with it.

sorry preach.
    Last edited by tony hipchest; 06-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    you participated in the partisainship of this thread. i showed there are much deeper and underlying issues to contribute to the problems this bitch has.

all liberals do not share her anti-semitic views.

would it be fair for me to assume you behave like jimmy baker, ted haggard, and hendereds of catholic priests because of your association in Christ?

cause that is what you are doing in this instance.
    No Tony, it is not. Simply put, I stated that she was a racist. That she is ignoring the facts. And that as a true liberal, it is ok for her to ignore facts in her world.

Once again, I think the logic is slipping by you. I did not say all liberals are antisemites. I said all liberals ignore facts. So the counter position would be you saying- "It is the same as me saying to you preacher, that all preachers ignore the facts of the bible that disagree with you positions, equating you to Benny Hinn and the like". See, THAT is the proper comparison, too which I would agree. ALL people ignore facts. I was simply poking at the glaring fact of that in this case, and that by being in a political party that will agree with her stands vis-a-vis Israel (not the racism, but the stands to support Palestine more), that she won't be challenged.

Can you, after reading through the Zogby poll, still claim that the democrats support Israel as much as the Republicans do?
    Can you then, understand how someone who is an antisemite, would be more comfortable in the politics of the democratic party on this issue?
    Can you understand, that I don't claim antisemitism for the party-

Or is it easier to overgeneralize and make blanket statements concerning my arguments.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Im shocked that someone is defending her , SHOCKING !! They all stick together .

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Wait...calling someone an anti-semite bitch is defending them?

Laura Bush is an anti-semite bitch...we should all love and respect her.

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Im shocked that someone is defending her , SHOCKING !! They all stick together .
    what an ill informed and ignorant statement to make.

oh wait. its venom.

carry on.

(sad to see Preacher, who IS a good guy, lumped in with the venom crowd).

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

What happen hipchest , Jon Leibowitz , I mean Jon Stuart is not on tv tonight ?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post

Venom, I'm very conservative in my views and I don't always agree with Tony, but I don't see him defending this pathetic lady at all.

i am the one who has been pointing out that the roots of her problems run much deeper than political beliefs. i am the one who said her problems are anti-semitism/ ethnic hatred in nature.

No Tony, it is not. Simply put, I stated that she was a racist. That she is ignoring the facts.
    no preacher. simply put you stated she was a liberal.

not a racist.

not a bigot.

not an anti-semite.

you called her a liberal. not until i brought it up did you attempt to backtrack.

i mean i could post your quote for a fourth time but i think everyone (besides you and venom) get the point.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

I'm surprised. That's just an ignorant, apathetic thing to say, but if you think this is a liberal/conservative issue, then you're just a homer.

no preacher. simply put you stated she was a liberal.

not a racist.

not a bigot.

not an anti-semite.

you called her a liberal. not until i brought it up did you attempt to backtrack.

i mean i could post your quote for a fourth time but i think everyone (besides you and venom) get the point.
    Funny. I too think everyone gets my point, but you and maybe a couple others. I stated she was a liberal at the END of my post, concerning how she doesn't care about facts. Not intending that all dems are racists. If you want to think I said that to feel better, go ahead.

I did however show, that the democrat party does NOT support Israel like the Republican... and again, that IS a party issue, which is why an antisemite like her feels better in the dem party-even though that is NOT the Democrat party's platform (which is one of dual state with recognition of Israel's right of existence and support of such). It is a twisting of the dem platform. In the same way, their are Bigots who are white that twist the republican platform of uplifting the individual instead of the collective group into their own racist stands against blacks.

Are there no racists in the dem. party towards blacks? Nope. THere sure are. Are there no antisemites in the Republican party? NOpe there sure are, but the platforms of the parties lend themselves to being twisted by certain individuals better than the other party.

Please tell me that you are not so partisan, that you can see that.
    Last edited by Craic; 06-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Actually not.

Palestine of today is the Philistine of the bible. What is more striking, is where the Philistine lands were:

It is simply unarguable that the Palestinians have NO RIGHTS to the land. They DO have rights. What is completely missed in the entire discussion, is what Egypt and Jordan did to the Palestinians-and the fact that THEY are the ones to blame for the current plight even more than Israel.
    I knew you meant to say "Philistia". I don't know where that map came from, but Philistia was the South coast of Judah.

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_ear...ame_origin.php

From the fifth century BC, following the historian Herodotus, Greeks called the eastern coast of the Mediterranean "the Philistine Syria" using the Greek language form of the name. In AD 135, after putting down the Bar Kochba revolt, the second major Jewish revolt against Rome, the Emperor Hadrian wanted to blot out the name of the Roman "Provincia Judaea" and so renamed it "Provincia Syria Palaestina", the Latin version of the Greek name and the first use of the name as an administrative unit. The name "Provincia Syria Palaestina" was later shortened to Palaestina, from which the modern, anglicized "Palestine" is derived.

This remained the situation until the end of the fourth century, when in the wake of a general imperial reorganization Palestine became three Palestines: First, Second, and Third. This configuration is believed to have persisted into the seventh century, the time of the Persian and Muslim conquests.

The Christian Crusaders employed the word Palestine to refer to the general region of the "three Palestines." After the fall of the crusader kingdom, Palestine was no longer an official designation. The name, however, continued to be used informally for the lands on both sides of the Jordan River. The Ottoman Turks, who were non-Arabs but religious Muslims, ruled the area for 400 years (1517-1917). Under Ottoman rule, the Palestine region was attached administratively to the province of Damascus and ruled from Istanbul. The name Palestine was revived after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I and applied to the territory in this region that was placed under the British Mandate for Palestine.

The name "Falastin" that Arabs today use for "Palestine" is not an Arabic name. It is the Arab pronunciation of the Roman "Palaestina". Quoting Golda Meir:

* The British chose to call the land they mandated Palestine, and the Arabs picked it up as their nation's supposed ancient name, though they couldn't even pronounce it correctly and turned it into Falastin a fictional entity. [In an article by Sarah Honig, Jerusalem Post, November 25, 1995]

As for the Philistines...

And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. Joshua 21:43

If the Lord gave Canaan to the twelve tribes of Israel, how do any people have any claim to that land, much less a bunch of disaffected muslims that can't pronounce the name of their own imagined country? They're on the wrong side of history.

Administrative designation. Move along.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

The name has moved through languages... but it still signifies what once was there. And as for Joshua, you'd be interested to know that they never did fulfill those lands. That is why all of Judges is written. Furthermore, You simply cannot equate modern day Israel with the ancient Israelites. The land promises to Israel in taking the Levant were tied to the covenant, which the prophets Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and quite a few others, all say are void.

I fully support the nation of Israel today. But there is no "Christian biblical/theological argument" that can be made to support Israel, that actually stands the test of biblical and theological inquiry-outside of claiming historicity of the OT and thus, a place for Israel. Yet, that also lends to a place for the Palestinains-as the modern day Philistines, with a name that has been generalized and applied to a number of ethnicities with a common belief... the same thing actually, that has happened to Israelites and then Jews.

And actually, in say, 593 BC, You have the Philistine plain which incorporates from Dora Dot in the north, (just a little further north than Nazareth) down through Joppa, Ashdod Azotus, Ashkelon, Gaza, Eglon, Gath, Timnah, Gezer Gazara, Antipatris Aphek, etc. The first half are all on the coast and teh second half are all to the east, on the border of Judaea and Samaraia. Before that, the Philistines were "Sea-Going People" who actually created a lot of havok They attacked the larger empires of Egypt and Assyrians (if memory serves...). For some, it is believed that in 604 BC, the philistines were fully deported by the Babylonians. But it is quickly coming about that the "Myth of the empty land" concerning Babylonian deportation is just that. For instance, There is WAY too much evidence to suggest that Judea was not deported to Babylon, but only their royalty, upper families, and educated (including scribes, priests, and artisans). The same is probably true for many of the areas. Even more factual, is Cyrus's decrees restoring many temples and nations-for political expediency. When you look at a map, Judea and Philistia are both necessary to be settled and under the influence of Persia for their coming war with Egypt at the time (though after Cyrus died, Cambyses went a different root, using boats).

Hence, the name, while being ALSO a political designation, designated a people who were once there, and probably were still there to some degree, much as Judea designated both a political region, and to some degree, the people who were still tehre.
    Last edited by Craic; 06-06-2010 at 12:50 AM.

ignoring the fact that this 1st generation lebanese american was probably born and bred to hate jews and anti-semitism is in her blood?
    You are right on the money in regards to where the problem derives from Tony.

I would say that the media DOES tend to "ignore" situations/story lines to promote their bigger picture of their own agenda....so yea, I think that there is a purposeful effort to downplay certain stories in the name of looking at the bigger picture (money)...as far as the media is concerned.

I have began to see as I have grown older....that the root cause of "media bias" is the "good old boy system" and can apply to both parties (though the agenda of the left and that of the media more often are in line with each other). I think there is a lot of pressure on reporters and media outlets to overlook and ignore certain stories under pressure, by the power brokers, of getting blackballed and not getting the BIGGER story down the road. Which makes it more imperative that we get some of these lifetime politicians from both parties out of office.

When, and if, this happens I think it will make the media more honest by default.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

I would love to ask her these questions due to shes an expert in Middle East issues :

How many times does the Koran mention Jerusalem? Let me help you out...ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did the Arabs refuse the United Nations when they were offered their own state in 1947?

Do you disagree with the United Nations granting Israel full membership status? Do you disagree with Harry Truman recognizing Israel as the Jewish State? Do you disagree with the Treaty of Versailles which, after World War One, gave England responsibility to create a Jewish state in the Middle East?

When Jordan occupied the West Bank and Eastern Jerusalem from 1948 to 1967 why didnt they establish a Palestinian state?

Why did Yassir Arafat refuse Israel's offer to give them 90% of Palestinian territorial demands with full diplomatic recognition for a Palestinian state?

Helen? Helen? Hello? Is anybody in there?

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

The name has moved through languages... but it still signifies what once was there.
    The name was created and imposed by an occupying emperor on a region, only part of which was Philistia. Aside from the happenstance of a family finding direct lineage to antiquity, there is little or no linkage between the Philistines and a bunch of muslim rabble that don't have the first clue who they are.

I fully support the nation of Israel today.
    No "but" can follow "I fully...".

But there is no "Christian biblical/theological argument" that can be made to support Israel, that actually stands the test of biblical and theological inquiry-outside of claiming historicity of the OT and thus, a place for Israel.
    I have no regard for the arguments of men in this case. The Lord gave Canaan to the twelve tribes of Israel. That settles it.

The Lord also foretold many times of Israel's "resurrection"...

Amos 9:11, 13

"In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore its ruins, and build it as it used to be,'' … "The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills."

Zechariah 8:7-8

This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God."

Isaiah 43:5-6

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth…

Isaiah 51:3

The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Micah 4:1

In the last days the mountain of the Lord's temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and peoples will stream to it.

Isaiah 27:6

In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit.

Isaiah 41:18-20

I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set pines in the wasteland, the fir and the cypress together, so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it

Ezekiel 36:11

I will increase the number of men and animals upon you, and they will be fruitful and become numerous. I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

Isaiah 41:12-14

Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you," declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

The "mighty" arab armies have turned tail and now do their bidding through surrogates - terrorists and the "court' of world opinion. Meanwhile, little Israel flourishes against seemingly hopeless odds. The evidence speaks for itself.

Hence, the name, while being ALSO a political designation, designated a people who were once there, and probably were still there to some degree, much as Judea designated both a political region, and to some degree, the people who were still tehre.
    Thin.

The name was imposed by Hadrian. Hence the administrative designation. The name was "resurrected" by arafat. Hence the political designation.

"and probably were still there to some degree". Really thin.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Funny how Tony takes exception to Preacher pointing out that Helen Thomas is a Liberal when Tony himself has gleefully pointed out that a person must be a Conservative/Republican when a story is posted about some whack jobs comments/actions. Even when the story doesn't specify.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Are there no racists in the dem. party towards blacks? Nope. THere sure are. Are there no antisemites in the Republican party? NOpe there sure are, but the platforms of the parties lend themselves to being twisted by certain individuals better than the other party.

Please tell me that you are not so partisan, that you can see that.
    why would i need to tell you that for a 50th time when I have been the one saying that in this entire thread.

(lmao @ preacher trying to get me to admit the stance that i have taken all along)

this thread was infected with venom and partisanship until i chimed in. im glad i was able to lend some clear headed rationality.

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Funny how Tony takes exception to Preacher pointing out that Helen Thomas is a Liberal when Tony himself has gleefully pointed out that a person must be a Conservative/Republican when a story is posted about some whack jobs comments/actions. Even when the story doesn't specify.
    since you will not be able to provide any specific examples i can dismiss this for the gibberish it is.

and before you try, let me put this out there-

your hero glenn beck IS a nutjob, but NOT because he is a conservative. there are plenty of sane, rational republicans out there. your boy limbaugh is NOT one of them.

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

this isn't a pissing contest

Deport the old Nazi hag back to Lebannon.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

since you will not be able to provide any specific examples i can dismiss this for the gibberish it is.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39026

Here is a thread you started on SF. Your exact comment at the end of the article was.....

GOOOOOO Rightwingnuts!!!!!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39026

Here is a thread you started on SF. Your exact comment at the end of the article was.....
    another perfect example of a rightwing nut job.

i am not naive enough to believe people such as yourself, this nazi flag flyer, beck, limbaugh, or even helen thomas, are true representatives of the majority of their party. there are definitely whackjobs on both sides.

its just that people like you tend to pigeonhole w/o looking into the mirror.

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Deport her ass back to Lebanon where she belongs.

Hamas Praises Helen Thomas’ Statement

Hamas affiliated Al Qassam website on Sunday, June 6th, regarding remarks made by White House correspondent Helen Thomas.

The website reports “This statement by Thomas Helen reflects the opinion of American majority in USA and all masses who support justice and peace in Palestine an whole world.

“Peace process will be successful, only when Israel get out of Arab Areas ,Golan and occupied Palestine, then we can say that peace is happily achieved, otherwise, and as long Israel occupies Palestine and some Arab lands, peace will never be achieved and more headache will be brought to the world by state of terror-Israel .Moreover, her statement serves peace process in Middle East as they like to call it, to a very great extent."

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/...Statement.html

where is Barry?

Lanny Davis, the former White House Counsel for President Bill Clinton, weighed in on the Helen Thomas controversy today, calling her an “an anti-Semitic bigot.”

“Helen Thomas, who I used to consider a close friend and who I used to respect, has showed herself to be an anti-Semitic bigot. This is not about her disagreement about her criticisms of Israel. She has a right to criticize Israel and that is not the same as being an anti-Semite,” Davis said in a statement.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...FXEknfHU2BP2WM

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I would say that the media DOES tend to "ignore" situations/story lines to promote their bigger picture of their own agenda....so yea, I think that there is a purposeful effort to downplay certain stories in the name of looking at the bigger picture (money)...as far as the media is concerned.
    You're pretty much spot on, LLT.

The mainstream media DOES have a liberal bias. I work in the media and I see it everyday. People slam Fox News for leaning right, but those same people aren't able to see that CNN, network news, and major papers such as the New York Times and Los Angeles Times lean left. That's what I meant in my earlier post when i said the liberal media is showing its ugly face. Because journalists are supposed to be unbiased in their reporting. Helen Thomas has not been unbiased.
    Last edited by Wallace108; 06-07-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Under the bus she goes!

White House: Helen Thomas' Remarks "Offensive and Reprehensible"

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said today that journalist Helen Thomas' recent remarks about Israel were "offensive and reprehensible" and "certainly" do not reflect the views of the Obama administration.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...36-503544.html

ding dong

the witch is dead

Veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas retires following controversial remarks

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...sial-remarks/1

---------------

Bush's fault!

Oh how the libs are wailing over this one!

ha ha

She’ll probably get a gig with Al-Jazeera.

Her last words?

those damn jooooooooos!