Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike Plans to Dramatically Change NFL Uniforms for 2012

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Nike Plans to Dramatically Change NFL Uniforms for 2012

And yep, you guessed it! The designs are catastrophes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

Here are all the designs.
    http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/f33/...ns-202258.html

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Re: Nike Plans to Dramatically Change NFL Uniforms for 2012

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Pajama party anyone? Hilarious. Are they serious?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It's all good - I'm probably bailing when the lockout occurs anyway.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

um.... no. Is this a joke?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Eww! Those look so generic and the designs are all the same, gross I will be mighty pissed to see theses on the Steelers!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    um.... no. Is this a joke?
    That's what I was thinking, because you'd think there would be a media storm. But wouldn't it be funny if Nike was really considering this.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't know, I actually think some of the designs are actually kind of cool.

Edit: Nevermind. The more I look at them, the uglier they get. Especially the Steelers one.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    That's what I was thinking, because you'd think there would be a media storm. But wouldn't it be funny if Nike was really considering this.
    Could Nike even really change any uniforms anyway? I kinda thought it was up to the teams more so than the companies like Nike/Reebok.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Could Nike even really change any uniforms anyway? I kinda thought it was up to the teams more so than the companies like Nike/Reebok.
    Well, the owners are out to make money, and they did replace Reebok with Nike as the league's uniform supplier for 2012, so it's not unthinkable that they would sell out in a contract like this. I hope it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I don't know, I actually think some of the designs are actually kind of cool.

Edit: Nevermind. The more I look at them, the uglier they get. Especially the Steelers one.
    I hear you. Not all of them are terrible, but it kinda destroys the mystic of the game when you know that every team's uniforms were drawn up in a corporate boardroom.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

The rainbow sleeves have got to go.. I understand why but looks like we are saying we are gay.. Hell no!

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Gotta sell jerseys. Keep changing them and the fans have to keep buying.

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

They are almost all awful but I do like the Broncos one

I actually kind of like the design of the Cardinals and Eagles ones.

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

These are just concepts, the team would have to approve the final design. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

I like the Falcons, Cowboys and one of the Colts ones, also the Browns where fine because they didnt try and change it, the rest suck

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ok I'm gonna admit I think about 1/3 of these are decent to awesome. Eagles, Jets, Saints, and Browns look ok. Raiders, Cardinals look good to me. And I love the Panther, Giants, Falcons, and Lions uni's.

But who the hell's idea was it to give us a damn rainbow on our sleeve? Are we hippies now? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Another reason to hate Roger Goodell.

SteelerSal

Just bring back the block numbers. Jeez.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'll flip. We've had the same exact jerseys, helmet, and pants since '68. Other than in '97 when little details were changed like the logo being put on the front left side and the numbers being changed to a more round look. I would hate to see this. I don't like change in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'll flip if the NFL goes from Reebok to these Nike jerseys. We've had the same exact jerseys, helmet, and pants since '68. Other than in '97 when little details were changed like the logo being put on the front left side and the numbers being changed to a more round look. I would hate to see this. I don't like change in the NFL.
    From the looks of it, the league is going with Nike but I'm sure a lot of teams, including the Steelers, will elect to stick with the designs that they've had all along.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

You bet the Steelers uni concept SUX big time, however, you all need to read the following post from this user at the website link (and I'm quoting him-The Black Death): "These are all photoshopped. Nike doesn't even have the NFL license yet. Why would they already be leaking designs for alternate unis? College football ones didn't even leak until like 2 weeks before they debuted." He's right. Nike still has about almost two years before releasing the final product. We can all R-E-L-A-X. Thankfully!

Whew!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up man. I have no problem with Nike, but I would die a little if that happened. Hopefully, the authentic jerseys will go down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    You bet the Steelers uni concept SUX big time, however, you all need to read the following post from this user at the website link (and I'm quoting him-The Black Death): "These are all photoshopped. Nike doesn't even have the NFL license yet. Why would they already be leaking designs for alternate unis? College football ones didn't even leak until like 2 weeks before they debuted." He's right. Nike still has about almost two years before releasing the final product. We can all R-E-L-A-X. Thankfully!

Whew!
    I read that too but you know Nike is gonna try to come up with some radical design. Just ask Oregon's football team. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up man. I have no problem with Nike, but I would die a little if that happened. Hopefully, the authentic jerseys will go down in price.
    Not a prob, bro.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

They could use these as uniforms for a B-league that could play while the lockout is going on next year.

Otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I read that too but you know Nike is gonna try to come up with some radical design. Just ask Oregon's football team. lol.
    Nike can try all they want but the decision has to ultimately be up to the Rooney's and Steelers' organization. Only then can Nike get the green light. You think Rooney is gonna just roll over and let this lunacy proceed? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    They could use these as uniforms for a B-league that could play while the lockout is going on next year.

Otherwise

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Some or neat and some or pretty ugly.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Those are awful. But what can you expect from Goodell'a new kinder, gentler NFL???

And just when you thought the Bengals uni's couldn't get any uglier.