Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nike Plans to Dramatically Change NFL Uniforms for 2012

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Re: Nike Plans to Dramatically Change NFL Uniforms for 2012

The Steelers uniform looks nice.......for me to poop on !

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    That was soooo childish. I love it.

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Some were pretty neat, but most were awful. Especially the helmet designs. Leave the helmets alone, Nike.

Though, I'm not opposed to some SMALL, MINOR tweaks off the bat. I'd like to see the Steelers' road uniforms with gold numbers & black outlines, personally. Or gold jerseys (there's black, there's white, why not try gold?). I wouldn't mind a little more red, gray and blue as well, just to see it.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    LOL

WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert_Loonie View Post
    Some were pretty neat, but most were awful. Especially the helmet designs. Leave the helmets alone, Nike.

Though, I'm not opposed to some SMALL, MINOR tweaks off the bat. I'd like to see the Steelers' road uniforms with gold numbers & black outlines, personally. Or gold jerseys (there's black, there's white, why not try gold?). I wouldn't mind a little more red, gray and blue as well, just to see it.
    I like your ideas for the Steelers' road unis and the gold jerseys. Sweet thinking!

P.S. I did make my "version" for a gold alternate jersey a while back. Great minds think alike, eh?

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    I like your ideas for the Steelers' road unis and the gold jerseys. Sweet thinking!

P.S. I did make my "version" for a gold alternate jersey a while back. Great minds think alike, eh?
    Very cool. Any photographic evidence of your gold jersey?

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Steelers NEW 2012 Season Uniforms

Don't know if this was posted already or not. But since Nike is taking over as the NFL's Uniform maker in 2012 here is the Steelers Jersey prototype. They said they are planning "drastic" (that's a quote) changes to the NFL uniform. What do you think ?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Re: Steelers NEW 2012 Season Jersey

Saw this in the NFL section, but that just has to be a joke because those are so ugly it's not even funny.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers NEW 2012 Season Uniforms

This is a rumored prototype so I wouldn't waste any time making any judgements yet.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a fan suggestion to Nike. There is no way we, or the majority of the teams would accept the changes Nike has up. The Ravens with a white helmet? The Jets with a black one? No effing way.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Just something a fan came up with, not being considered by Nike or the NFL. Nike isn't getting the license for the helmets so they can't change them anyhow.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Just something a fan came up with, not being considered by Nike or the NFL. Nike isn't getting the license for the helmets so they can't change them anyhow.
    That's good to know. Because with Goodell running the show, I've come to expect the worst.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    That's good to know. Because with Goodell running the show, I've come to expect the worst.
    Well, Goodell is implementing his own changes, slowly but surely....

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Actually, Goodell designed his own uniform which reflects the image he wants the NFL to project:

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Actually, Goodell designed his own uniform which reflects the image he wants the NFL to project:

That's outstanding!! Thanks for making me laugh.

Junior Member Array title="BeerMan is an unknown quantity at this point"> BeerMan's Avatar

Can anyone photoshop Tom Bieber wearing that pink dress? And whichever "fan" suggested that new uniform for the Steelers ought to be shot.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yeah those flags are for most teams the Steelers will be tackled and helmet to helmet by the opposition will get them extra points.

Also the flags for tom and peyton will not exist sort of a catch 22 thing.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post

That is funny as hell! But true too.

Senior Member Array title="Stlrs4Life is an unknown quantity at this point"> Stlrs4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Well F that fan, and F Nike.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I'd be a Professional Football Player, and you Damn well better believe, I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

My 2 cents worth Array title="Burghfan58 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Burghfan58's Avatar

Don't know for sure whether the Roonies have any say but no way in he!! they sign off on that.
    Addicted to Steeler football 24/7 365

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Can anyone photoshop Tom Bieber wearing that pink dress? And whichever "fan" suggested that new uniform for the Steelers ought to be shot.
    It was a 5-minute rush job, but here ya go.

Here's one I did earlier. Not with the pink dress, but the point remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert_Loonie View Post
    Very cool. Any photographic evidence of your gold jersey?
    Here you go, but please take note I am NOT affliated with Reebok in any way or form! This jersey was just customized purely for personal creativity and enjoyment.

Last edited by SMR; 11-19-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Seriously...I want BLACK FCKING HELMETS!

Stupid...I'm going to design one...it'll look EXACTLY like our Home Black Uniforms.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

It was a 5-minute rush job, but here ya go.

Here's one I did earlier. Not with the pink dress, but the point remains the same.

There you go! That fits Marcia perfectly. Maybe he'll now stop the whining.

The Borskinator Array title="Borski is on a distinguished road"> Borski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    Here you go, but please take note I am NOT affliated with Reebok in any way or form! This jersey was just customized purely for personal creativity.
    Thouse look amazing I think thous with black pants with a gold stripe down the side would be perfect alternate uniform. I made a graphic mockup of how gold jerseys might look a few years ago.

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Thank goodness these are fake. They may be the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Borski View Post
    Thouse look amazing I think thous with black pants with a gold stripe down the side would be perfect alternate uniform. I made a graphic mockup of how gold jerseys might look a few years ago.
    Ha!! That is sooo funny. I already customized my version of the black pants with gold stripe. Here it is:

Please do show your mock up!

My pants:

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

What on earth is that thing.. Looks like a hybrid of our current uniforms and the Oregon Ducks LOL.

Junior Member Array title="TheSikOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

Hideous.
    On another note: I always thought our away uni's would look cool with white pants. It would look cool with the black numbers and helmet

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

lol...awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler