Thread: William Gay

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

William Gay

Ok, let's just come out with it:

(Thanks for the blocked punt and 2 pressures on your blitzes though)
    -But seriously, as a pure cover corner....bleh!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: William Gay

Hes an extremely good blitzing corner...covering, not the greatest

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

We all know Gay is not a great cover corner. I dont know who the hells idea it was to put Gay on TO multiple times but that is not a recipe for success...

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

at the moment, the top of my off season list would be finding a replacement for william gay early in the draft.

he sucks, always has. like the thread starter stated, thanks for the blocked punt and decent qb pressures but when you suck at your position you need replaced.

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

He had a bad game, I thought he well played well the rest of the season. Even Troy had a bad game in New Orleans. I'm more critical of McFadden.. he had a BRUTAL game. T.O. abused him.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I was hoping Butler would be his replacement. And what ever happened to Lewis? Did we cut him or keep him?

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Roethlisberger View Post
    at the moment, the top of my off season list would be finding a replacement for william gay early in the draft.

he sucks, always has. like the thread starter stated, thanks for the blocked punt and decent qb pressures but when you suck at your position you need replaced.
    I think we already have one...Crezdon Butler. Just give the kid another off-season with the system. Lewis, i've seen enough of nothing from him.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I was hoping Butler would be his replacement. And what ever happened to Lewis? Did we cut him or keep him?
    I think that Lewis can now safely be labeled a bust. If he still can't get on the field with this group of CBs then he's not worth the roster spot.

Butler is another late round pick so I'm not counting on him to be any better than McFadden. I'd love for him to surprise me but I'm not holding my breath. We need a CB early in the draft next year.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Ehh I think the Steelers stuck with him thinking that Lewis would be someone to replace him down the road which will not be happening any time soon. Surely the Steelers will focus on the secondary in upcoming drafts.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

he's no worse than mcfadden.
    Hater = Realist

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    We all know Gay is not a great cover corner. I dont know who the hells idea it was to put Gay on TO multiple times but that is not a recipe for success...
    neither is putting mcfadden(2009's 2nd most burned CB in the NFL) on owens.
    Hater = Realist

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roethlisberger View Post

Here is your answer Ras-I Dowling

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Gay always has a front row seat on a big play .

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Owens would be a problem for anyone. McFadden was the guy who got beat on the long TD T.O. had.

Gay was one-on-one with Owens on the first TD after Troy went after Ocho on a streak. Left the middle of the field wide open for Owens who put on a nice double-move and got free.

Gay is a solid tackler who can play the run well. In this scheme, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Member Array title="Steel12 is an unknown quantity at this point">

How many times does he have to get burned before we try somebody else?