Thread: Rex Ryan: 'Impossible' to consider Jets not playing in New York Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Rex Ryan: 'Impossible' to consider Jets not playing in New York Super Bowl

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...k-super-bowl/1

May 26, 2010

Rex Ryan: 'Impossible' to consider Jets not playing in New York Super Bowl

Jets coach Rex Ryan is thrilled that the NFL awarded the 2014 Super Bowl to New York.

And he can't envision a scenario in which his team isn't representing the AFC in its home stadium in the NFL title game that year.

Why? Because Ryan doesn't intend to yield the Jets' facilities to another AFC team at the new Meadowlands Stadium that week.

"It'd be impossible," Ryan said, via ESPN. "To have your facilities taken over by another AFC team? That would be hard to take. That would be almost impossible to take."

Ryan said he was surprised that the vote to award the Super Bowl to New York took as long as it did. Owners didn't make the choice until the fourth ballot, when only a majority of the league's 32 teams had to support New York.

"I thought it would have been a slam dunk," Ryan said.

"I think we really assumed that it was without question going to happen. And when the rounds kept going by it was like, 'Are you kidding me?' "

Ryan, who brought the Jets to the AFC title game in his first season as coach last year, would be in his fifth season if he were to bring the Jets to a berth in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

YOUR facilities? Did someone remind Rex that they share a stadium with the Giants, therefore they do not own a damn thing by themselves?

I'm really starting to dislike this guy more and more every time he opens his mouth.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

I don't know, I can imagine it quite easily....watch just like this...

I imagine the STEELERS invading your stadium in 2014 along with 65% of the crowd being Steelers fans.

See how easy that was Rex? Once you pull your head out of your arse you can see a lot more!

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Hey , I live in NYC and I have to hear from Rex almost everyday in the media . Consider yourself very lucky . Yeeeesh

Last edited by venom; 06-04-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    YOUR facilities? Did someone remind Rex that they share a stadium with the Giants, therefore they do not own a damn thing by themselves?

I'm really starting to dislike this guy more and more every time he opens his mouth.
    I find it hard to take the guy seriously. He is a lot like his old man.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Hey , I live in NYC and I have to hear from Rex almost everyday in the media . Consider yourself very lucky . Yeeeesh

ALways makes me wonder why a fat boy is a coach.. I picture him yelling "One more lap guys" as he bites into his 4th danish of the day..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

We'll see, anything is possible. Even though the Jets are getting better and could be Super Bowl bound here soon, it's hard to say they'll play in their own stadium. Now could you imagine the Jets vs Giants for that Super Bowl, that would be interesting to say the least.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

The Jets are starting to remind me of the Cowboys. Rex just needs to shut his mouth before somebody shove his foot into it.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I prefer Tomlin's way.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Rex is the consummate rah, rah type of coach.

I like some of the things he says and does. Problem is, he has something to say about everything.

I'm glad I don't have to listen to him every day.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Rex sure has a big mouth. I would consider him more arrogant and cocky if you ask me.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I bet the only time this arrogant coach stops talking is when he scarfs down twinkies

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

What a fat bag of wind. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Seriously, shut up and actually win something as an NFL head coach before you spout such arrogant nonsense, nipple head!

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

I don't find it impossible at all. They are a running team that, IMO, lost it's best RB.

I'm not convinced that Sanchez is going to be that great this year at all. He wasn't nearly as good as Ben was in his rookie year.

Rex is setting himself up for a fall.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I bet the only time this arrogant coach stops talking is when he scarfs down twinkies
    Now THAT is another problem right there. You can shut him up with twinkies or donuts, but on the other hand, you'll have to suffer an eyesore from watching him get fatter and fatter...........
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I can easily see the Jets NOT representing the AFC in the 2014 Super Bowl. There is this team in western PA who I can see representing the AFC in that game.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Here is a picture of Rex Ryan last night throwing out the first pitch at Citi Field before the Padres vs Mets game . He is exploding !!!!

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Re: Rex Ryan: 'Impossible' to consider Jets not playing in New York Super Bowl

Here is a picture of Rex Ryan last night throwing out the first pitch at Citi Field before the Padres vs Mets game . He is exploding !!!!

"Just one... wafer... thin... mint."

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

The bigger the downfall when you say something like this, but never prove it in actions.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

A lot of Ravens fans were pissed that Harbaugh got the nod over defensive guru Rex for the Baltimore HC job. I, for one, was not.

Give him the soapbox and never shuts his friggin' piehole.

I see the Jets as maybe 10-6, but 9-7 wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Ya know I didnt mind the Jets until Rex became the coach and they drafted California boy. I think Im starting to hate them more then New England.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Rex is the consummate rah, rah type of coach.

I like some of the things he says and does. Problem is, he has something to say about everything.

I'm glad I don't have to listen to him every day.

He doesn't seem to know when to shut him mouth, does he.

AML

Well Steelmember , I live in NYC and I have to listen to him everyday . Pray for me .

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

OMG! He looks like he swallowed an illegal immigrant.

Hey, becareful , you said " illegal immigrant ". Dont you mean " undocumented worker" ? You dont want to hurt the feelings of the Libs on this board , lol

Hey, becareful , you said " illegal immigrant ". Dont you mean " undocumented worker" ? You dont want to hurt the feelings of the Libs on this board , lol
    Oops. You're right. I meant "smuggling" an illegal immigrant.

Thanks