Thread: Browns demote Jerome Harrison

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Browns demote Jerome Harrison

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rome-harrison/

Honestly, I don't blame the Browns brass for wanting to see the players in person before offering them long-term deals.

They have very few proven players on this football team. Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Josh Cribbs (as a return guy), Shaun Rogers. That's it from guys who were on this team last season. I want to throw D'Qwell Jackson in there, but he might be a backup on the defense now.

They brought in guys who have proven to be good players: Scott Fujita, Chris Gocong, Sheldon Brown, Benjamin Watson, and Jake Dellhome (at one point at least).

Jerome Harrison: Never handled the load for a season at this level and might not be able to.

Matt Roth: Was released by the Dolphins during the season but played very well for the Browns down the stretch.

D'Qwell Jackson: I think he is a very good, solid player....but he might be a backup with the Browns now. He could beat out Bowens for the ILB spot next to Fujita.

I see where the Browns front office is coming from.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

There is NO way that Jerome Harrison does not make the Browns roster. It will be a battle for the number 1 spot with him and Hardesty, but he will at least split carries with Hardesty in my opinion. At worst second string. They could be a good tandem in a few years