Thread: stupid stupid stupid people

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

stupid stupid stupid people

As you know by now, suspicious packages originating in Yemen were discovered late thursday night. They contained what looked like explosive devices (possibly fakes for a test run) and I've heard that a couple of them actually were explosives. Two of the known targets were synagogues in Chicago, which is where my room-mates fiance' is from. So here's the stupidity part. He posts an article titled "Investigators hunt for mail bomber in Yemen" on his facebook page. His comment was "here comes the hate again..." I was immediately then of course set in. I am ready to implode but can't even reply to him 'cause I can't afford to start any with my room-mate who happens to be like minded with him. Then someone comments on his status "is it me, or are the alledged terrorists getting dumber?" Really ?! Is the word alleged even necessary here ?

People, please help me out before I lose my mind. Does sanity, common sense, and rational thinking still exist ?

Signed,
    Utterly frustrated in Memphis.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Re: stupid stupid stupid people

Wow! Thank GOD ! Thought you were talking about me there for a sec. LOL Sounds like someone wanting to be honest over anything else. Very touchy subject though. Maybe people are getting smarter.I don't think people get dumber,unless you refer to me.I'm just different.You would have to open up the can of worms by being honest. Tact and honesty working together is quite a combination,and applied in unison can be a very effective tool.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

maybe instead of hating the terrorists, we could invite them to hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbaya.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    People, please help me out before I lose my mind. Does sanity, common sense, and rational thinking still exist ?
    Not among the political correctness police which is where all the nonsense is coming from

There is absolutely no doubt that a portion of the population...in a vain attempt to pass themselves off as "enlightened"...has pushed common sense out the back door.

It is simple lazy intellect. Instead of taking a stance on something based on thoughtful, investigative, fact-based insight....they fall back into the stupor of self-important, pseudo-intellectual, politically correct ...sound-byte activism.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

This is a simple case of a liberal generalizing those who generalize Muslims as being terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt that a portion of the population...in a vain attempt to pass themselves off as "enlightened"...has pushed common sense out the back door.

It is simple lazy intellect. Instead of taking a stance on something based on thoughtful, investigative, fact-based insight....they fall back into the stupor of self-important, pseudo-intellectual, politically correct ...sound-byte activism.

Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
    This is a simple case of a liberal generalizing those who generalize Muslims as being terrorists.
    and I can see that as being a concern, but for that to be his FIRST thought/comment on the matter, I mean.....really ?
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

and I can see that as being a concern, but for that to be his FIRST thought/comment on the matter, I mean.....really ?
    Quite right. It'd be one thing if he said it in response to someone passing judgement on all Muslims, but to lead with that is just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
    Quite right. It'd be one thing if he said it in response to someone passing judgement on all Muslims, but to lead with that is just idiotic.
    Very well said. There are times in which you have a knack for getting right to the heart of the matter.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

See? There are things we can agree on

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

maybe instead of hating the terrorists, we could invite them to hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbaya.
    Thats not where i was going with that,but at least if you are honest you have a place to start the process of whatever needs to be done. You just can't say blow them all up! Can you?
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Thats not where i was going with that,but at least if you are honest you have a place to start the process of whatever needs to be done. You just can't say blow them all up! Can you?
    Blow them all up ? No. Just find the ones responsible and put bullet in their head. No need for grenades.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

I'm not against the use of snipers,and i love to make cement shoes. LOL!

Senior Member Array title="urgle burgle is an unknown quantity at this point"> urgle burgle's Avatar

i suppose, just to not put him on the defensive, but to engage the discussion, just ask "what did you mean by that?". He would then have to elaborate on his positions. then the games could begin. i have found that if the first thing said puts them on the defensive, then they either ignore you, or lash about emotionally. then your in a lose lose situation. good luck, one of my best friends is as far left as the pacific ocean, and i have to play this game with him all the time.
    When a child cries....somewhere in a small, lonely, sad place in the world.....a hobo laughs.

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Well, these are the same people who re-elected Jan Brewer