Thread: Cook: Steelers' Foote finds his greener pastures

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Cook: Steelers' Foote finds his greener pastures

Friday, October 29, 2010
    By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Matt Freed/Post-Gazette
    Steelers linebacker Larry Foote.

It was, Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said this week, "one of the best and happiest days of my life." Aug. 7? Absolutely. That was the night he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. May 21, 2009? Of course. The Steelers visited the White House and President Barack Obama singled him out by name. Feb. 1, 2009? You bet. The Steelers survived the Arizona Cardinals to win Super Bowl XLIII. Feb. 5, 2006? Sure. The Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks to become Super Bowl XL champions.

All were huge days for LeBeau in his magical football career. But he was talking about another day -- March 15. That was the day the Steelers re-signed inside linebacker Larry Foote...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10302...#ixzz13kBSkMj6

Junior Member Array title="SteelTheOne is an unknown quantity at this point"> SteelTheOne's Avatar

Re: Cook: Steelers' Foote finds his greener pastures

Farriors slow and this should be his last year. Foote is a good backup, period. We need a young player to step in!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i think foote will take over farriors slot next year as the mastermind. good read i am glad he is back

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Junior Member Array title="SteelTheOne is an unknown quantity at this point"> SteelTheOne's Avatar

Foote is a 2 down linebacker already. We need some youth and speed in the position.

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Stevenson Sylvester so far on Special Teams. Could he be our next ILB?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    I'm liking what I'm seeing from Stevenson Sylvester so far on Special Teams. Could he be our next ILB?
    I agree. I liked what I saw of him in preseason too. He looks like he's a player.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree. I liked what I saw of him in preseason too. He looks like he's a player.
    I agree too, from what I've seen.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!