Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Smith

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Aaron Smith

Hey, haven't posted in a while but does anyone know what's up with Aaron Smith? I'm driving myself insane looking up triceps injury time on google and I can't find anything on rehibilation time.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Aaron Smith

Out for the season, from what I heard - Tomlin just said so in his post game presser.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Torn tricep, out for season

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Not sure yet. I would suggest looking at ESPN .com in the next day or two. That Bell women (I believe that is her name) gives a pretty good overview of injuries.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Yupp probably the biggest loss for our defense other than if we would lose Troy, Hood had to be the man now.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

You've gotta be freaken kidding me. Unbelievable. This sucks.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Might be his Career. 2 season ending injuries in past 3 seasons.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Is it safe to say that could have been his last snap with the team?

he's getting old, 2 years of IR, salary is kinda high, hood is next....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

He didn't say he was definitely out for the season. Until he does, I hold out faint hope that he could be back for the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Eason and Ziggy....time to step it up BIG TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Man we saw what happened last season when we lost him, I hope Hood is ready to come up big!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

I would rather taken a loss to the Phins over losing Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    I would rather taken a loss to the Phins over losing Smith
    I agree. Were gonna be in trouble without him. 07, and 09 every time it's the same defense that falls.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Oh well. Back to 2007 and 2009

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Casualty of the game. Turning into another Marvel Smith situation where you cannot get a full season of play from him.
    All Defense!

PLus the trade deadlines gone and theyre carrying a useless LB Thaddeus Gibson on the roster

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Ziggy was brought in to take over for Smith (I'm pretty sure). time to step up, Zig.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    He didn't say he was definitely out for the season. Until he does, I hold out faint hope that he could be back for the playoffs.
    A torn triceps is a season-ending injury. So it is not good news.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Aaron has been a warrior but he cannot play forever. Ziggy needs to be the man now. He's a #1 draft pick and he needs to start taking over.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora by JoeDepto

Steelers bracing for DE Aaron Smith to be out for the season with a torn triceps. Will get official word Mon but it doesn't look good

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Ziggy better step it up. When will Brett be back?

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Woulda sucked more if we lost today, guess I'll count the blessings of getting the win and hope like Hell that we have someone step up their game and we don't miss a beat. Go Steelers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    A torn triceps is a season-ending injury. So it is not good news.

Are we sure it is torn? Just grasping for straws.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Ziggy better step it up. When will Brett be back?
    Hopefully next Sunday

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Casualty of the game. Turning into another Marvel Smith situation where you cannot get a full season of play from him.
    yep

too bad, one of the classiest players I've ever seen
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by kmsteelerwr15 View Post
    Hopefully next Sunday
    I think Ziggy is ready to carry the torch.

We played better last year than we did the first time Aaron went out. At least on the D'line we played better.

Where is old man Kirshkie right now?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Are we sure it is torn? Just grasping for straws.
    It came straight from Mike Tomlin's mouth during his post-game press conference. Torn triceps.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    It came straight from Mike Tomlin's mouth during his post-game press conference. Torn triceps.
    I missed that. I thought I heard him say possible triceps injury. I was probably just hearing what I wanted to.

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Woww... that sucks big time. Aaron was playing good football. Our run defense is going to take a step back.