Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 - where's your head at currently

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: 2011 - where's your head at currently

We could have had Bulaga last year but went in a direction that I think the team saw as a bigger need and value. I can not argue with what we did last year. We could get a little lucky as far as an OT is concerned this year as well. I see a couple that, right now, are not highly touted that I think could play LT in a year or so. Beside I am totally feed up with the situation. I am now willing to over draft a kid that we think could handle the LT spot. I am sure and certain that we will be able to get a very good guard.

AML

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

For those who have espn3, there are a couple games that you guys might want to check out. For me at least, this will be the only time I get to watch them in all liklihood.

Wofford will be shown in their playoff game. We'll get a chance to see Pat Illig who I know LLT likes a lot. And they're scheduled to show the Villanova game where we can watch guard Ben Ijalanaa and wide receiver Matt Szczur. Appalachain St also has a couple of sleepers in some draftniks mind that might be worth checking out.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Have you seen Ijalanaa yet Chidi. I'm interested to hear your take on him. I really like this kid but think he might cost us a 2nd round pick, might be there in the 3rd.

AML

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Have you seen Ijalanaa yet Chidi. I'm interested to hear your take on him. I really like this kid but think he might cost us a 2nd round pick, might be there in the 3rd.
    I haven't seen him yet either. Villanova games have been hard to come by since I don't have any special college football network in my TV package. He sure seems to have the build to play guard though. Can't wait to get a look at him.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

my eye is on pounceys brother or the best physical cb available

Just watched the Nova and Wofford games. Must say, I didn't come away impressed with either player.

Ijalana will throw his weight around and can engulf smaller lineman. But he isn't quick off the snap and will definitely have to kick inside to guard in the NFL. He's currently their LT. He doesn't have a good foundation in pass protection. It's difficult for me to describe exactly what the issue, he isn't bending his waist badly or getting too stiff. It just seems like he's too quick to seal the edge and doesn't keep his feet apart. He'll also get beat off the edge and ends up grabbing the end, making it look like what happens to James Harrison. The worst part of it all was that he just looked like he didn't care at times. He took multiple plays off. His feet went dead and he looked disinterested. Keep in mind this was a playoff game and it was before Villanova took the lead for good. This occured in the first half when it SFA was dominating. Ijalana also can't engage at the second level and will have to work in a power scheme.

Illig was only slightly better. He does have pretty rare size for playing at a small school. 6'5 320. On a personal note, he went to a high school that is in the same conference as my own which is pretty cool. And like Ijalana, he is a good in-line blocker. His pass protection in terms of getting beat or not was good though Wofford doesn't throw a whole ton, operating out of the triple option. But he lunges badly in the run game. Doesn't get his feet under him and try to drive. He struggles to stick on contact which is disappointing with the obvious size advantage he has over a lot of guys. He's terrible in space. They tried to pull him a couple times and he can't do anything in the open field. Can't even cut block linebackers.

The good thing is that both teams won so I hope they'll be on espn3 again next week.

I did really like wide receiver Max Szczur out of Villanova. He gets seperation and catchs the ball cleanly with his hands. They'll use him in a bunch of different ways. Wide receiver and he's their main guy out of the Wildcat. Doesn't quit on the play and doesn't go down easily. He had a run to the left sideline, got spun around, broke free, and cut across the field for 10-11 yards. He's also quite the athlete in general. Played in the Cubs minor league system after being drafted by them in the 5th round. Hit .347 in 101 ABs. Of course, he may opt to pursure a baseball career. According to the announcers of the game, he'll have until Feb. 10 to make that decision.

Very nice breakdown....I think the defeciencies that you saw are exactly what most scouts have talked about... and is why both are projected as OG's. Ijalana lurches at defenders and has a terrible kick slide (which is probably what you are talking about when you say that he is gettting beat off the edge) His abilities seem to fit the guard position MUCH better where he can play in a phone booth.

Illig is a project (which is why I have him graded as a 7th round pick) he is the type of player that you use that late round pick on...spend some time chiseling away some of the rough spots and see if you have a diamond. The worst that can happen is that you cut a 7th round pick. That being said...I get VERY excited about players like Illig because of the potential value vs reward potential.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Very nice breakdown....I think the defeciencies that you saw are exactly what most scouts have talked about... and is why both are projected as OG's. Ijalana lurches at defenders and has a terrible kick slide (which is probably what you are talking about when you say that he is gettting beat off the edge) His abilities seem to fit the guard position MUCH better where he can play in a phone booth.

Illig is a project (which is why I have him graded as a 7th round pick) he is the type of player that you use that late round pick on...spend some time chiseling away some of the rough spots and see if you have a diamond. The worst that can happen is that you cut a 7th round pick. That being said...I get VERY excited about players like Illig because of the potential value vs reward potential.
    Fair enough about Illig. I think out of the three small school guards we've talked about, I liked Rackley the most. I've also watched Curt Porter but don't really like him.

Wofford and Villanova will again be shown on espn3 this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Fair enough about Illig. I think out of the three small school guards we've talked about, I liked Rackley the most. I've also watched Curt Porter but don't really like him.

Wofford and Villanova will again be shown on espn3 this Saturday.
    The last mock draft I did had us taking Carimi in the 1st...and Rackley in the 4th round.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Here is a new mock....adding the 5th rounder that we will get for Holmes

1) OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin, Height: 6-7 Weight: 322.....Still hoping to get him at the end of the 1st round...if he is gone I would go with CB Davon House of New Mexico State here and take OT Danny Watkins of Baylor in the 2nd round

2) CB Rashad Carmichael Virginia Tech, Height: 5-10 Weight: 182...If we grab an OT in round 1,Carmichael would be a strong choice in round 2 to take McFadden's place.

3) DE Cedric Thornton Southern Arkansas, Height: 6-4 Weight: 295....One of my sleeper picks to bolster an aging and often injured DE corp.

4) OG Will Rackley Lehigh, Height: 6-4 Weight: 305.....Not rated this high (yet) on most boards but well worth a 4th round pick. If Rackley is off the boards, I would consider John Moffitt of Wisconsin who may slide because of a pectoral injury.

5) Safety Chris Culliver, South Carolina 6-0 Weight: 201....played safety before being moved to CB. Missed last few games due to shoulder injury so he coul be a steal in the fifth round.

5) TE Lee Smith Marshall, Height: 6-6 Weight: 267....Anyone else ready for a legit TE to back up Miller and take Spaeth's spot?

6) NT Chris Neild West Virginia: 6-2 Weight: 302....Neild has flown under the rader. Not great stats but he blows up the O-line and demands two blockers. Way underrated. Might start climbing draf boards if he garners post season accolades.

7) OG Pat Illig, Wofford, Height 6-5 Weight 320.....Huge small school prospect that is worth a shot in the 7th round. Will be a guard prospect in the pros.

-- Jack Lambert --

I like the mock LLT. Would love to have Carimi in the first. I still see some people who are sour on him. Don't know why.

I don't know how big of a fan I am on taking a CB in the 2nd. I'm not really sure what kind of prospect Carmichael is, I don't get to watch a lot of cornerbacks because I find it to be difficult with the TV not always keeping them on the screen, but we don't really draft CBs early. And when we do, they're not that good (Colclough, for example). I think we've only drafted two cornerbacks in the first round since 1979 (This is obviously second but helps to show my point of us shying away from getting a top corner). Always been of the thought that if you're physical, willing to play the run, and can tackle well, you can play cornerback for LeBeau. If we do lose Ike, it would become a different story.

Does the 3rd round seem about the projected spot for Thornton or are you grabbing him early to make sure someone else wouldn't snag him? I'm just curious and not trying to hate on the pick, but have you watched him at all? I'm sure games have been hard to come by.

I like Rackley. I'd put him at RG based on our current line. I think he could handle the switch from LT.

Can't say I know anything about Culliver. Are you moving him back to safety - free, I assume? - or keeping him at CB?

I know you've been high on Lee for awhile now. Tomlin does seem to like Spaeth a good deal though.

Haven't watched Neild and since you've brought him up, I'm kinda kicking myself because I just watched the Rutgers WVU game checking out another prospect. Does WVU have a bowl game? If so, I'll make sure to watch him.

I get that Illig is intruiging because of his size, but I don't know if I can get on board with the pick yet, even if it is a 7th rounder. If we want to talk about small school late round guards, I'd opt for Jamal Lewis (Hampton) or Daryl Hicks (Deleware St).

I can't really say for sure what prospects I like and which I don't, outside of a couple, until Bowl Season is over. Going to be a lot of fun. Plan on watching as many games as I can. Have already watched over 65 prospects. Hoping to get a couple more and watch a ton of players another time. Quantity is always a good thing when it comes to the draft.

I like the mock LLT. Would love to have Carimi in the first. I still see some people who are sour on him. Don't know why.
    Me neither...he is the real deal.

I don't know how big of a fan I am on taking a CB in the 2nd. I'm not really sure what kind of prospect Carmichael is, I don't get to watch a lot of cornerbacks because I find it to be difficult with the TV not always keeping them on the screen, but we don't really draft CBs early. And when we do, they're not that good (Colclough, for example). I think we've only drafted two cornerbacks in the first round since 1979 (This is obviously second but helps to show my point of us shying away from getting a top corner). Always been of the thought that if you're physical, willing to play the run, and can tackle well, you can play cornerback for LeBeau. If we do lose Ike, it would become a different story.
    Exactly why we need to start looking at Corners in the first two rounds. Carmichael is fast...aggressive...and loves contact. He also has soft hands and can play both man-to-man and zone.

Does the 3rd round seem about the projected spot for Thornton or are you grabbing him early to make sure someone else wouldn't snag him? I'm just curious and not trying to hate on the pick, but have you watched him at all? I'm sure games have been hard to come by.
    Both...He is (at this time) ranked as the #103 prospect according to nfldraftscout.com. I also went to the southern arkansas/north alabama game when I visited my brother in law earlier this year.

I like Rackley. I'd put him at RG based on our current line. I think he could handle the switch from LT.
    I think he is a site favorite.

Can't say I know anything about Culliver. Are you moving him back to safety - free, I assume? - or keeping him at CB?
    Move him back to safety

I know you've been high on Lee for awhile now. Tomlin does seem to like Spaeth a good deal though.
    I have no idea why he likes Spaeth

Haven't watched Neild and since you've brought him up, I'm kinda kicking myself because I just watched the Rutgers WVU game checking out another prospect. Does WVU have a bowl game? If so, I'll make sure to watch him.
    Just getting on his band wagon.....Im really liking this kid.

I get that Illig is intruiging because of his size, but I don't know if I can get on board with the pick yet, even if it is a 7th rounder. If we want to talk about small school late round guards, I'd opt for Jamal Lewis (Hampton) or Daryl Hicks (Deleware St).
    Id be fine with that...much rather take a good small tier school prospect as compared to a mediocre big school prospect with the 7th round pick

-- Jack Lambert --

Like the Mock Perry. It is pretty much what we have been talking about for the last month our so. I particularly like the first 4 picks but you know that. I'm still looking at potential 3rd round DE, but Thornton will most likely be there and would be a good choice.

I am beginning to buy into the Carimi dream, although I don't know why he would be there when we pick. I just hope he doesn't blow the place up during the Sr. games and the combines. That would definitely put an end to our dream.

You and I will be talking about Smith till draft day, and hopefully long after.

Your right Rackley is quickly becoming a site favorite and is becoming more popular after every game we watch our OL flounder.

Right now I would take this draft and be very happy with it.

AML

Me neither...he is the real deal.

Exactly why we need to start looking at Corners in the first two rounds. Carmichael is fast...aggressive...and loves contact. He also has soft hands and can play both man-to-man and zone.

Both...He is (at this time) ranked as the #103 prospect according to nfldraftscout.com. I also went to the southern arkansas/north alabama game when I visited my brother in law earlier this year.

I think he is a site favorite.

Move him back to safety

I have no idea why he likes Spaeth

Just getting on his band wagon.....Im really liking this kid.

Id be fine with that...much rather take a good small tier school prospect as compared to a mediocre big school prospect with the 7th round pick
    I think you can find the type of corner we're looking for in later rounds. Usually the 4.4 ballhawks go off the board first. We don't need one of those. It's a luxury, I'd love to have a guy like Revis, but it isn't a requirement. Our draft record at CB shows this. At the very least, even if you think they should, it's unlikely they will take a corner anything higher than the 3rd. Not an absolute, of course because BPA can dictate so much, but it's unlikely.

What did you think of Thornton when you watched him? Good things, I'd imagine?

Speath is a decent blocker, I'll give him that. And maybe it's part coachspeak, but he spoke highly of him stepping up in past games that Heath missed.

I for one like the Carmichael pick. He is a corner that can in deed cover a WR for more than the count of 2 and still support the run when needed. This is something that our corners are lacking in. I think it is time for us to take a CB early, if the right corner is there. I think Carmichael is the right corner.

We could try and find a CB in the later rounds, but that may be one reason our defensive backfield is in such poor shape. You don't take one just for the sake of taking one, but like I stated, if the right one is there, you take him.

AML

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

1) OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin, Height: 6-7 Weight: 322.....Still hoping to get him at the end of the 1st round...if he is gone I would go with CB Davon House of New Mexico State here and take OT Danny Watkins of Baylor in the 2nd round

2) CB Rashad Carmichael Virginia Tech, Height: 5-10 Weight: 182...If we grab an OT in round 1,Carmichael would be a strong choice in round 2 to take McFadden's place.

3) DE Cedric Thornton Southern Arkansas, Height: 6-4 Weight: 295....One of my sleeper picks to bolster an aging and often injured DE corp.

4) OG Will Rackley Lehigh, Height: 6-4 Weight: 305.....Not rated this high (yet) on most boards but well worth a 4th round pick. If Rackley is off the boards, I would consider John Moffitt of Wisconsin who may slide because of a pectoral injury.

5) Safety Chris Culliver, South Carolina 6-0 Weight: 201....played safety before being moved to CB. Missed last few games due to shoulder injury so he coul be a steal in the fifth round.

5) TE Lee Smith Marshall, Height: 6-6 Weight: 267....Anyone else ready for a legit TE to back up Miller and take Spaeth's spot?

6) NT Chris Neild West Virginia: 6-2 Weight: 302....Neild has flown under the rader. Not great stats but he blows up the O-line and demands two blockers. Way underrated. Might start climbing draf boards if he garners post season accolades.

7) OG Pat Illig, Wofford, Height 6-5 Weight 320.....Huge small school prospect that is worth a shot in the 7th round. Will be a guard prospect in the pros.

Good to see you have got Neild on your radar LLT. I think he is the perfect pick for a future NT. Great no frills guy who continually eats up space. I heard an interview earlier with this guy and he sounds like he has many steeler like qualities.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272388

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10335/1107262-144.stm

Pick him in the 6th, give him a training camp and then hide him away on the practice squad. By the time Chris Hoke moves on you have your #2 NT.

I also think the spread of positions is right on the money, big on linemen on both sides.

I would love to see a FS taken but I just dont think it is going to happen. Many Free Safeties seem come through the lower rounds or even as UDFA's lately.

The more the season progresses the more of a convert I am becoming to the need for a high pick on CB.

Good Job Perry

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

We have to select a nose tackle before a TE

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We have to select a nose tackle before a TE
    We have the luxery of having two NT's on our roster that couls stqrt on both teams. That being said and teh fact that hampton just re-signed for the next few years allows us to either put off drafting a NT this next year....or grab one in hte later rounds that might just need a little seasoning to contribute.

Make no mistake...Neild is much better than most people realize. High Motor...Good character...and strong. Here are some write ups on him:

....I'll go with the senior nose tackle (Chris Neild) who gets things started by disrupting the middle of the opposing offensive line on every play. He's the very definition of a guy whose stats don't tell the full story.

....Noseguard Chris Neild rarely shows up in the stat column, but he occupies two blockers almost every play and collapses the middle of the line of scrimmage.

...Chris Neild is the straw that stirs the West Virginia defense's drink

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/tag/_/name/chris-neild

The way West Virginia's defense has played, any number of players could be candidates for all-Big East, beginning with safety Robert Sands, nose guard Chris Neild, linebacker J.T. Thomas, safety Terrance Garvin and cornerbacks Brandon Hogan and Keith Tandy.

NT Chris Neild The senior out of Stroudsburg, Pa., has been impressing NFL scouts as he has anchored the middle of a WVU defensive line that has played well all season. Despite a position that doesn't lead itself to sacks, Neild has two already this season. Against LSU he had six tackles, second to S Robert Sands' nine.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT
    ....Chris Neild lines up in the center of West Virginia's defense, but he is anything but the center of attention for one of the country's best groups.

Maybe no one in the Big East, or beyond, is as critical to a defense's success, but equally anonymous.

"People don't see him a lot because he's got 600, 700 pounds of double-teams wrapped around him the majority of the game," WVU defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel said. "He's really athletic and he has the ability to make a lot of plays when people double-team him. If you single him, he makes plays. Either way, you have to account for him....."

....."He might not be the Big East's tackle leader, but what he does in the scheme they play, where he's head-up on the nose, you can't move him out of the middle," said South Florida Coach Skip Holtz.

"If you want to, you have to double-team him and that's a very difficult job because he's so big and strong and he can stay in the middle and do what he does in their scheme."

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201011171129

-- Jack Lambert --

We have the luxery of having two NT's on our roster that couls stqrt on both teams. That being said and teh fact that hampton just re-signed for the next few years allows us to either put off drafting a NT this next year....or grab one in hte later rounds that might just need a little seasoning to contribute.

Make no mistake...Neild is much better than most people realize. High Motor...Good character...and strong. Here are some write ups on him:
    Both our NTs are nearing retirement meaning we have to draft one soon and we do not need a tight end

Both our NTs are nearing retirement meaning we have to draft one soon and we do not need a tight end
    We have only one well rounded TE on the roster. Johnson is serviceable by Spaeth needs to be replaced.

I would have no problem with finding A TE later....but Neilds is as good of a NT as you are going to find outside the first two rounds....and there is NO way that we should grab an NT over a OT, CB, OG, and DE.

-- Jack Lambert --

Got a chance to watch Villanova and Wofford games again. I'll get another look at 'Nova next week as they upset Applachian St. Despite a second half surge from Wofford, they fell to Georgia Southern.

I was much, much more impressed with Ijalana this time around. He didn't take any plays off and his feet were always moving. That was the most important thing I saw from him. His run blocking was dominant at times in both drive and down blocking. Really did a nice job opening up running lanes. His handplacment is really good; hands in the chest and he drives with his lower body. His kickslide is still sloppy, it looks like he tends to cross his feet off the snap. And he can still get beat off the edge, gave up a sack that way, and still grabs when the end gets a step. Putting him at guard should allieviate some of those problems.

Matt Szczur had an incredible day. Really starting to become a fan of the kid. He had five total touchdowns. Three rushing, one receiving, and one passing. Involved in all but one of Nova's scores. He makes quick, decisive cuts with the ball in his hands and doesn't go down easily. A tough runner. He put a great double move on his receiving TD. Made the FS think he was going to run a corner and then broke it off into a post in the middle of the field, exploiting the Cover 2. Adding on about his time with the Cubs, he had a 21 game hit streak going on. And the announcers were talking about a story of him playing golf for the first time. He shot a 60+ on the front nine but followed it up with something in the 40s on the back nine. Quite the athlete. This isn't a huge part of his draft stock, but he seems like a geninuely good person. Donated bone marrow to save a little girl's life.

LLT, I don't think I'm going to be able to get behind Pat Illig. I understand it's just a 7th rounder, but I haven't seen anything out of the guy. He did have a couple flashes of dominance working in a phone booth and had two pancakes or so, but he's slow off the snap and seems to struggle with leverage. I'm watching DTs get up and under him. He bends at the waist in run and pass protection as bad as I've seen. He might have been a *little* better in space but still pretty awful. It was back-to-back poor showings from him. If you haven't already and get a free moment, watch the game (it's on espn3.com) to get an idea of what I'm seeing.

Glad to see that you like Ijalana...He is ranked higher than Rackley on virtually every draft board, but to be honest I wouldnt be dissapointed in getting either of them.

Totally understand you not jumping on Illig's bandwagon...Thats the great thing about the draft.

-- Jack Lambert --

The Villanova game will be broadcasted on espn tonight at eight.

The Villanova game will be broadcasted on espn tonight at eight.
    Thanks Chidi, think I may be home tonight. I am really looking forward to the senor all star games. I want to see some of the guys I haven't been able to get to.

AML

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

We need depth in our secondary...

Ranking our needs
    1. DL- Everyone on the DL is getting old and the steelers need youth at the position fast at all DL positions
    2. CB- Bryant McFadden needs to get upgraded, steelers have no shutdown corner
    3. OG- Trai Essex, Doug Legursky, and Ramon Foster do not belong on a football field
    4. OT- Depth is needed
    5. S- Need someone competent to replace Polamalu if he gets injured another year

Ranking our needs
    1. DL- Everyone on the DL is getting old and the steelers need youth at the position fast at all DL positions
    2. CB- Bryant McFadden needs to get upgraded, steelers have no shutdown corner
    3. OG- Trai Essex, Doug Legursky, and Ramon Foster do not belong on a football field
    4. OT- Depth is needed
    5. S- Need someone competent to replace Polamalu if he gets injured another year
    I personally see OT as our #1 or #2 need....but I understand your thinking.

I can forsee a scenerio in which all the OT with first round grades are gone and we have to go a different direction.

1) CB Davon House New Mexico State... 6-0 Weight 184 ...can stay with a WR man-to man but also shows all the skills for zone coerage. Good in run support and has 11 career INT's.

2) OT Marcus Gilbert Florida 6-5 320 ...plays the right side but should be able to move to LT. He has shown the ability to protect a QB's blindside when he did just as much with left handed Tim Tebow. Rates out well in run and pass blocking....needs a coach (like Tomlin) who will ride his ass if he quits before the whistle. Could be elite if motivated.

3) DE Cedric Thornton Central Arkansas 6-4. Weight: 295...I'm torn between Cedric Thornton and DE Pernell McPhee of Mississippi State. Thornton seems to be the most productive of the two and has the highest ceiling...but McPhee has faced better competition and has shown a pretty strong drive to overcome obstacles.

4) OG Will Rackley Lehigh 6-4 305...Athletic guard who has become a site favorite. Like I said before, he isnt ranked this high yet, but he will be.

5) FS Chris Culliver, South Carolina 6-0 Weight: 201....played CB for South Carolina last year but was a free safety his junior year. His size and skill set make it possible for him to be moved back to safety in the NFL.

5) TE Lee Smith Marshall 6-6 267.....Very good blocker and reciever. The Steelers felt the effect of not having an all around TE when Miller went down.

6) NT Chris Neild West Virginia 6-2 305 ...High Motor NT, collapses the pocket and takes on two blockers. Gets to learn the pro-game behind "Big Snack".

7) OT Rob McGill Louisiana Tech 6-6 Weight: 310.....Chidi, this one is for you!!!! McGill has great size, strength, and arm length. He seems to have good agility and a pretty good kick slide. He will need a year on someones PS to polish the rough edges on the technical portion of his game. It seems that quick DE's can cut across his face after juke moves. I'm not sure if its because he has some problems transitionally from his kick slide to planting his feet....or if its because he his stepping back to far when getting position
    Last edited by LLT; 12-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.

-- Jack Lambert --

Bowl games kick off today. I'll be watching two players.

OT Matt Reynolds for BYU. Might not come out this year, is a junior, but is supposed to be one of the top tackles when he is draft eligible.

WR Jerrel Jernigan for Troy. A speedster who has done a little bit of everything on offense and is one of the top return men around.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Bowl games kick off today. I'll be watching two players.

OT Matt Reynolds for BYU. Might not come out this year, is a junior, but is supposed to be one of the top tackles when he is draft eligible.

WR Jerrel Jernigan for Troy. A speedster who has done a little bit of everything on offense and is one of the top return men around.
    Reynolds is the tackle I've been hoping for lately

maybe it's cause most of the games I watch are Cougars games, but the guy seems solid to me. Few mental lapses

Plus, he'll likely be there by the end of the 1st
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

I like Reynolds, and have been watching him when I could. I do have my doubts about him going early in the draft because of his age. I think I read that he is 27, almost 28 years old. Still if we could get him a round or two down the line would be very usable to us.

AML