Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the truth about OBAMACARE

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Re: the truth about OBAMACARE

ok WH, I had a long dissertation typed about my personal experiences or my families regarding healthcare costs -vs- higher taxes. Screw that. Let me make it REAL simple for ya. It wasn't the $15,000 of medical bills which the hospitals/doctors gladly accepted $50 a month from me in re-payment that drove me to bankruptcy, it was the $35,000 in income taxes. With the IRS, it's "pay or else".
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    ok WH, I had a long dissertation typed about my personal experiences or my families regarding healthcare costs -vs- higher taxes. Screw that. Let me make it REAL simple for ya. It wasn't the $15,000 of medical bills which the hospitals/doctors gladly accepted $50 a month from me in re-payment that drove me to bankruptcy, it was the $35,000 in income taxes. With the IRS, it's "pay or else".
    And just think, now the IRS will be in charge of your health care. Care to guess how that repayment system is gonna work?

Bet they wont accept $50. a month.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    And just think, now the IRS will be in charge of your health care. Care to guess how that repayment system is gonna work?

Stay classy, leftnutz

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    Republico the Elephant says

32 hours a week? I guess that means you can find a second job to fill in the othe 28 you should be working....

Demo-Donkey says:

It doesn't matter how many hours you worked! That business is a business, therefore they should pay you 40+ hrs a week regardless of how many you actually worked or whether they can afford it or not. If their doors are still open, you're not getting enough! GO UNION!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

But they won't have to, because everyone will be contributing on every paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by carnoj View Post
    But they won't have to, because everyone will be contributing on every paycheck.
    WOO HOOOOOOO just what every American is hoping for, a smaller paycheck

B.O.H.I.C.A.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Just keep telling yourself that.

Oh by the way, I'm still waiting for my FREE stuff.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Just keep telling yourself that.

Oh by the way, I'm still waiting for my FREE stuff.
    The government can not pay for anything on it's own. Every program, every "benefit" comes at the expense of the taxpayer.

"Hi, I'm from the government, and I am here to help". When you hear this, RUN.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

The government can not pay for anything on it's own. Every program, every "benefit" comes at the expense of the taxpayer.

"Hi, I'm from the government, and I am here to help". When you hear this, RUN.
    Unless you don't pay taxes in which case you let them in and tell them all of the new things you want them to provide for you.

The feelings of pride, importance and self worth that politicians experience when they provide free good and services to people using other people's money is no doubt intoxicating.

Even republicans and conservatives are often guilty once in power as well.
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 10-31-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

Like a great fictional man once said ''with great power, comes great responsibility.''

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Like a great fictional man once said ''with great power, comes great responsibility.''
    I think you can make an analogy between an owner of a large company and a major politician.

An owner of a large business looks at the company in groups (divisions)...production, accounting, sales, I.T., etc. and a politician starts to look at their constituents by groups as well. Corporations, business owners, common workers, retired, disabled, unemployed, etc.

So naturally, when you see a large group of constituents (and voting base) under duress, it is only natural to start thinking, well, if I take just a little bit more from those who are "wealthy" and who have been rewarded by the free market system and give it to those who are unemployed let's say, and extend their unemployment from 26 weeks to 52 weeks and provide a little better "safety net"...well, on the surface it makes good sense and the people who are paying for it can afford it...so the good outweighs the bad in the eyes of many politicians.

However, AS A BUSINESS OWNER, I FEEL THE PROBLEM MOST PEOPLE DON'T SEE IS THE AGGREGATE DRAG OF TAXES ON BUSINESS, PRODUCTIVITY, COMPETITIVENESS, SALES, EMPLOYMENT, etc.

Also, when you add up ALL of these costly programs to help special groups and factor in how inefficient the government is, it is a long term recipe for financial disaster...which is a large reason why we are going down the road to European type problems imo.

Even as a conservative, I DO understand the THEORY behind a lot of the government programs BUT have a problem with the government mismanagement and cost over runs with no accountability and I do believe that there are liberals who realize this as well and also feel the government needs to run within its means and with more efficiency and accountability.

This should not be an argument of right vs. left at this point, but given our current circumstances, how we can work together to solve our problems and keep the greatest country on earth, prosperous and moving forward so all will benefit.

ok, I'll bite, what great fictional man are you referring to, and does that mean we're responsible to earn a living for me AND my lazy won't work neighbor ?

(regretting it already)
    Stay classy, leftnutz

ok, I'll bite, what great fictional man are you referring to, and does that mean we're responsible to earn a living for me AND my lazy won't work neighbor ?

(regretting it already)
    LOL!

I read it differently gal. I didn't infer that this was advocating the responsibility of "taking care of everyone", but simply espousing the principles of governing wisely and responsibly, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    LOL!

I read it differently gal. I didn't infer that this was advocating the responsibility of "taking care of everyone", but simply espousing the principles of governing wisely and responsibly, in general.
    alright, makes sense. I can hope thats what he meant. still curious 'bout what great fictional man he's referring to.

(ain't i a stinker ? )
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

still curious 'bout what great fictional man he's referring to.

The most popular source of this quote is from Ben Parker, Peter Parker's uncle who raised him. These are of course fictional characters and the writing would be that of Stan Lee.

However the phrase is of much more antiquated origins and quotes similar to it can be found all the way back to ancient Greece. One such would be Socrates 'rule worthy of might.'

Benjamin "Ben" Parker, usually called Uncle Ben, was a supporting

character in the Marvel Universe’s Spider-Man stories. He was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko.

Parker was the uncle and surrogate father of Peter Parker, Spider-Man’s alter ego. His death at the hands of a burglar that Spider-Man declined to pursue earlier forever propelled Peter into the role of superhero.
    This is from wikanswers & wikipedia combined.

Benjamin Parker it is...

and of course failure to adhere to this motto has created a large and helpless population collectively referred to as "Benjamin Dover's"...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

THIS WILL “STIMULATE” YOU!

This came from the Senior Tax Editor for Kiplinger Letters

Subject: This Will be Difficult For All of Us

In just three months, on January 1, 2011, the largest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect.

They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves.

On January 1, 2011, here's what happens... (read it to the end, so you see all three waves)...

First Wave:

Expiration of 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief

In 2001 and 2003, the GOP Congress enacted several tax cuts for investors, small business owners, and families.

These will all expire on January 1, 2011.

Personal income tax rates will rise.

The top income tax rate will rise from 35 to 39.6 percent (this is also the rate at which two-thirds of small business profits are taxed).

The lowest rate will rise from 10 to 15 percent.

All the rates in between will also rise.

Itemized deductions and personal exemptions will again phase out, which has the same mathematical effect as highermarginal tax rates.

The full list of marginal rate hikes is below:

The 10% bracket rises to an expanded 15%
    The 25% bracket rises to 28%
    The 28% bracket rises to 31%
    The 33% bracket rises to 36%
    The 35% bracket rises to 39.6%

Higher taxes on marriage and family.

The "marriage penalty" (narrower tax brackets for married couples) will return from the first dollar of income.

The child tax credit will be cut in half from $1000 to $500 per child.

The standard deduction will no longer be doubled for married couples relative to the single level.

The dependent care and adoption tax credits will be cut.

The return of the Death Tax.

This year only, there is no death tax. (It's a quirk!) For those dying on or after January 1, 2011, there is a 55 percent top death tax rate on estates over $1 million. A person leaving behind two homes, a business, a retirement account, could easily pass along a death tax bill to their loved ones. Think of the farmers who don't make much money, but their land, which they purchased years ago with after-tax dollars, is now worth a lot of money. Their children will have to sell the farm, which may be their livelihood, just to pay the estate tax if they don't have the cash sitting around to pay the tax. Think about your own family's assets. Maybe your family owns real estate, or a business that doesn't make much money, but the building and equipment are worth $1 million. Upon their death, you can inherit the $1 million business tax free, but if they own a home, stock, cash worth $500K on top of the $1 million business, then you will owe the government $275,000 cash! That's 55% of the value of the assets over $1 million! Do you have that kind of cash sitting around waiting to pay the estate tax?

Higher tax rates on savers and investors.

The capital gains tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 20 percent in 2011.

The dividends tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 39.6 percent in 2011.

These rates will rise another 3.8 percent in 2013.

Second Wave:

Obamacare

There are over twenty new or higher taxes in Obamacare. Several will first go into effect on January 1, 2011. They include:

The "Medicine Cabinet Tax"

Thanks to Obamacare, Americans will no longer be able to use health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement (HRA) pre-tax dollars to purchase non-prescription, over-the-counter medicines (except insulin).

The "Special Needs Kids Tax"

This provision of Obamacare imposes a cap on flexible spending accounts (FSAs) of $2500 (Currently, there is no federal government limit). There is one group of FSA owners for whom this new cap will be particularly cruel and onerous: parents of special needs children.

There are thousands of families with special needs children in the United States, and many of them use FSAs to pay for special needs education.

Tuition rates at one leading school that teaches special needs children in Washington, DC (National Child Research Center) can easily exceed $14,000 per year.

Under tax rules, FSA dollars can not be used to pay for this type of special needs education.

The HSA (Health Savings Account) Withdrawal Tax Hike.

This provision of Obamacare increases the additional tax on non-medical early withdrawals from an HSA from 10 to 20 percent, disadvantaging them relative to IRAs and other tax-advantaged accounts, which remain at 10 percent.

Third Wave:

The Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) and Employer Tax Hikes

When Americans prepare to file their tax returns in January of 2011, they'll be in for a nasty surprise-the AMT won't be held harmless, and many tax relief provisions will have expired.

The major items include:

The AMT will ensnare over 28 million families, up from 4 million last year.

According to the left-leaning Tax Policy Center, Congress' failure to index the AMT will lead to an explosion of AMT taxpaying families-rising from 4 million last year to 28.5 million. These families will have to calculate their tax burdens twice, and pay taxes at the higher level. The AMT wascreated in 1969 to ensnare a handful of taxpayers.

Small business expensing will be slashed and 50% expensing will disappear.

Small businesses can normally expense (rather than slowly-deduct, or "depreciate") equipment purchases up to $250,000.

This will be cut all the way down to $25,000. Larger businesses can currently expense half of their purchases of equipment.

In January of 2011, all of it will have to be "depreciated."

Taxes will be raised on all types of businesses.

There are literally scores of tax hikes on business that will take place. The biggest is the loss of the "research and experimentation tax credit," but there are many, many others. Combining high marginal tax rates with the loss of this tax relief will cost jobs.

Tax Benefits for Education and Teaching Reduced.

The deduction for tuition and fees will not be available.

Tax credits for education will be limited.

Teachers will no longer be able to deduct classroom expenses.

Coverdell Education Savings Accounts will be cut.

Employer-provided educational assistance is curtailed.

The student loan interest deduction will be disallowed for hundreds of thousands of families.

Charitable Contributions from IRAs no longer allowed.

Under current law, a retired person with an IRA can contribute up to $100,000 per year directly to a charity from their IRA.

This contribution also counts toward an annual "required minimum distribution." This ability will no longer be there.

PDF Version Read more: < ;

And worse yet?

Now, your insurance will be INCOME on your W2's!
    One of the surprises we'll find come next year, is what follows - - a little "surprise" that 99% of us had no idea was included in the "new and improved" healthcare legislation . . . the dupes, er, dopes, who backed this administration will be astonished!

Starting in 2011, (next year folks), your W-2 tax form sent by your employer will be increased to show the value of whatever health insurance you are given by the company. It does not matter if that's a private concern or governmental body of some sort.

If you're retired? So what... your gross will go up by the amount of insurance you get.

You will be required to pay taxes on a large sum of money that you have never seen. Take your tax form you just finished and see what $15,000 or $20,000 additional gross does to your tax debt. That's what you'll pay next year.

For many, it also puts you into a new higher bracket so it's even worse.

This is how the government is going to buy insurance for the 15% that don't have insurance and it's only part of the tax increases.

Not believing this??? Here is a research of the summaries.....

On page 25 of 29: TITLE IX REVENUE PROVISIONS- SUBTITLE A: REVENUE OFFSET PROVISIONS-(sec. 9001, as modified by sec. 10901) Sec.9002 "requires employers to include in the W-2 form of each employee the aggregate cost of applicable employer sponsored group health coverage that is excludable from the employees gross income."

- Joan Pryde is the senior tax editor for the Kiplinger letters.
    - Go to Kiplingers and read about 13 tax changes that could affect you. Number 3 is what is above.

THERE, NOW DON’T YOU FEEL STIMULATED?!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Not even mentioning all the other taxes we have or will have to pay, the 'death tax' is absolute horse shit!! Who the fuck are they that they get to clip anyone more then half of what doesn't belong to them in the first place?!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG Ī-

Senior Member Array title="The WH will become famous soon enough"> The WH's Avatar

The deduction for tuition and fees will not be available.
    what the fuck?

What piece of shit senator/congressman sat in a room and said ''You know what, while we're fucking over everyone else, let's get those college kids too!''

That's just mean-fucking-spirited.

Like a kid with a College of William and Mary Hooded sweatshirt cut them off in traffic that day and he/she said ''I'll get you, you little fucker! and your Abercrombie & Fitch messanger bag too!! HAHAHAHAH''

Whoever that was, is a piece of shit.

Itīs sad enough you have to pay INCREDIBLY too much to go to school...but now the smart yet poor fuckin' kid who's busting their ass working at McDonalds to pay for school can't deduct it from his taxes at the end of the year? (not too mention he just had to listen to some assclown with rich parents or some dumb fucking scholarship riding jock about not wanting Ice in their coke)

Man.... the middle class is getting a raw-Fucking-deal.

You might as well just raise tuition 50% and reintroduce Feudalism. Because that's what itīs going to be even MORE like in 5 years.

/rant

what the fuck?

What piece of shit senator/congressman sat in a room and said ''You know what, while we're fucking over everyone else, let's get those college kids too!''

That's just mean-fucking-spirited.

Like a kid with a College of William and Mary Hooded sweatshirt cut them off in traffic that day and he/she said ''I'll get you, you little fucker! and your Abercrombie & Fitch messanger bag too!! HAHAHAHAH''

Whoever that was, is a piece of shit.

Itīs sad enough you have to pay INCREDIBLY too much to go to school...but now the smart yet poor fuckin' kid who's busting their ass working at McDonalds to pay for school can't deduct it from his taxes at the end of the year? (not too mention he just had to listen to some assclown with rich parents or some dumb fucking scholarship riding jock about not wanting Ice in their coke)

Man.... the middle class is getting a raw-Fucking-deal.

You might as well just raise tuition 50% and reintroduce Feudalism. Because that's what itīs going to be even MORE like in 5 years.

/rant
    Yup.. this is pretty much the bullshit we're sick/afraid of. The scary part? None of us even have a CLUE about what else is in the Health care bill, 'stimulus' bill, or cap and tax bill. As scag bag pelosi says, "We have to pass the bill to see whats in it!"
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG Ī-

well, this is what they should have done with it.